• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
welcome lurker.

OCuk seems a little pricy compared to other well known establishments...I think the large forum presence gives loyalty and they can charge more and know stock will still shift as there is a close community.

Me I just buy where is cheapest...unless I want it quick, then i can drive down to the OCuk shop.

Same.... its about a 40 minute drive for me to get to ocuk. the petrol cost is actually less than the shipping charges. for me, that convenience is worth the extra pennies..

I can honestly say that ive never had a problem ordering from ocuk over the years although from what i have seen in this thread it is odd how the pre orders have been handled. my brother in law also ordered the EVGA 980 ti ACX from the "other place" on the 4th and his arrived yesterday with a saturday delivery :confused:

Soldato
Same.... its about a 40 minute drive for me to get to ocuk. the petrol cost is actually less than the shipping charges. for me, that convenience is worth the extra pennies..

I can honestly say that ive never had a problem ordering from ocuk over the years although from what i have seen in this thread it is odd how the pre orders have been handled. my brother in law also ordered the EVGA 980 ti ACX from the "other place" on the 4th and his arrived yesterday with a saturday delivery :confused:

As much as I'm all gob, my business still resides with OcUK. It's a crap situation but let's be honest, it's the vendors giving OcUK absolute tripe.

The truth is the guys on the CS team put up with my constant chasing and harassment and the likes of Gibbo stood strong behind his CS team to make sure we get the same information as them shines through.

Specially when the the big man him self is out of country but still trying to chase down whats going on.

So, at the end of the day, it's been a pants situation. But alas, there are reasons for it going sour and I personally think OcUK are not one of them.

Soldato
Associate
Noticed the OCuk 980Ti only has a two year warranty ... it's also cheaper so does it mean there are reliability issues? Anyone had experience of OCuk cards?

Caporegime
I know but I was saving myself from having to mess around with buying a block ;) This way, its already there :D

Ahhh, I see your point and didn't realise it was water cooled Doh!!!

£60 cheaper for a OcUK Ti and block but saves the grief of fitting and £60 is only half a session on the ****, so I would happily pay that :D

Soldato
Ahhh, I see your point and didn't realise it was water cooled Doh!!!

£60 cheaper for a OcUK Ti and block but saves the grief of fitting and £60 is only half a session on the ****, so I would happily pay that :D

However, the bonus with this card is the fact I've yet to complete my custom loop :rolleyes: so I could run it on air and then plumb this in :D

Soldato
if you are the sort of person that buys a premium GPU I can't see how a warranty of > 2 years is of much use

by end of 2 years

it'll be fairly out of date - so you'd be looking to replace anyway

and not worth a lot to sell on either

YMMV

Soldato
Took me about an hour on Saturday and my temps are fantastic. Custom all the way in my opinon.

zhGkwyU.jpg

I Know it doesn't take long, I have blocks for my Titans and had to fit the air coolers when I received them. The issue is I don't have the custom loop setup yet so I'd run the GPU on air until I have completed the loop then just plumb in to the already fitted block!

Soldato
I Know it doesn't take long, I have blocks for my Titans and had to fit the air coolers when I received them. The issue is I don't have the custom loop setup yet so I'd run the GPU on air until I have completed the loop then just plumb in to the already fitted block!

Just buy a reference and then fit the block once you have the h2o setup.

Associate
As much as I'm all gob, my business still resides with OcUK. It's a crap situation but let's be honest, it's the vendors giving OcUK absolute tripe.

The truth is the guys on the CS team put up with my constant chasing and harassment and the likes of Gibbo stood strong behind his CS team to make sure we get the same information as them shines through.

Specially when the the big man him self is out of country but still trying to chase down whats going on.

So, at the end of the day, it's been a pants situation. But alas, there are reasons for it going sour and I personally think OcUK are not one of them.

I purchase OcUK soley for the CS , hand on heart can say they provide the best shopping experiance pre and post purchase . Not always the cheapest , and evidently there not always the quickest with stock ... But with OcUK the customer counts and it's not often you find that anywere these days .

6 months usage out of 970 SLI , full refund , issue with a product , instant RMA issue and quick turn around , failing to return RMA ( I'm looking at you asus ) brand new product shipped without question . Tip top.

Grabbed 2 OcUK Tis , hopefully they'll be here next week , again I know I'll have no issues removing the cooler . Diddnt charge for shipping and they were the cheapest . Can't go wrong

Soldato
Is there a Ti variant that would outperform my 295X2 in the majority of games? Sick of crashing and flickering in FFXIV at 4k.

An overclocked Ti will usually be a bit behind or tie with 295 where crossfire scales.

When crossfire doesn't scale, a clocked 980ti will whoop it's butt.

Associate
I don't think the EVGA shipment has arrived... Despite the vendor stating it would be. I'm going to message CS (poor guys are sick of me haha) in 5 mins to see what the latest is.

Hi All (Agnes especially)

Sorry just logging on after a couple of days out since I returned from the Far East. I do apologise I have had it confirmed the OCUK shipment was delayed by 1 day with UPS. The shipment planned for Friday which 99/100 lands on time hit a 1 day delay in Germany.

The shipment and delivery is confirmed for Monday 15th June now with OCUK. A further delivery lands on Tuesday 16th June and from speaking with Gibbo this should clear all outstanding backorders with OCUK as of Friday.

On behalf of EVGA I would like to apologise to you all that had orders and have experienced this delay. This was not intentional to OCUK or their customers and an unforeseen delay. I can but apologise again and hope you enjoy the cards when they arrive.

Anyone with any further problems should contact me directly - [email protected]

Thanks
Ben

Back
Top Bottom