• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Nice, glad my whining and complaining was indeed put to shame. I'd rather hold my hand up and call my self a **** and say I'm in the wrong than be in the right in this situation.

Thanks for clearing it up Ben.

So, begs the question, do I go back to ACX 2.0 and drop the G1 pre order?

Last edited:
Associate
Nice, glad my whining and complaining was indeed put to shame. I'd rather hold my hand up and call my self a **** and say I'm in the wrong than be in the right in this situation.

Thanks for clearing it up Ben.

So, begs the question, do I go back to ACX 2.0 and drop the G1 pre order?

If that video is anything to go by, ACX. Then again the cooling on the G1 is much better so to get similar GPU temps, maybe it doesn't need to be set to a high fan profile?

Associate
If one was to order ACX 2.0 would it then be right to assume you would receive your order on the upcoming week? If so I may also change.

Last edited:
Associate
A sweet 980ti reference fan curve for keeping the card very quiet at idle and won't let the card throttle.

980ti%20fan%20curve.png

Permabanned
Not sure if I should cancel my G1 order now *glares at Agnes*

In the G1's favour I stumbled upon this on reddit ....

"The G1 is faster and quieter than the Strix card" (section starts at the 54:30 minute mark).

Posts have also claimed that the video comparing EVGA, Gigabyte and Inno had the fans running at 100%.

Just wondering if we can embed Youtube with an offset?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hahaha, glare all you want, I'm the ring leader it seems :p

I too saw the video last night, someone posted it on the evga forum I think.

Either way, he's loving the card and I loved my 780 windforce. Never heard it over case and CPU fan even when intense gaming. The only time I did was when I left my case dusting too long and the dust filters were too clogged lol.

So, I'm sticking to G1 :) Ultimately, it's a better card.

Soldato
he's talking about "in general" referencing past cards, not that he's heard both a 980ti strix
the older strix cards had 2 fans, but I believe the 980ti Strix is going to have 3? so it isn't the same cooler he's talking about

there are several reviews that say that the windforce is "annoying" above about 55-60%

I think, for me, 3x75mm fans vs 2x100mm fans (on the MSI), I'm going to be giving the MSI a go, even if it physically pains me to wait a few more weeks, lol

Last edited:
Associate
Hi All (Agnes especially)

Sorry just logging on after a couple of days out since I returned from the Far East. I do apologise I have had it confirmed the OCUK shipment was delayed by 1 day with UPS. The shipment planned for Friday which 99/100 lands on time hit a 1 day delay in Germany.

The shipment and delivery is confirmed for Monday 15th June now with OCUK. A further delivery lands on Tuesday 16th June and from speaking with Gibbo this should clear all outstanding backorders with OCUK as of Friday.

On behalf of EVGA I would like to apologise to you all that had orders and have experienced this delay. This was not intentional to OCUK or their customers and an unforeseen delay. I can but apologise again and hope you enjoy the cards when they arrive.

Anyone with any further problems should contact me directly - [email protected]

Thanks
Ben

Ben,

I really appreciate you writing this note, not something you see many other manufacturers do. I was never too worried about the ship date, other than wanting my new toy as fast possible because it's my new toy! Glad you clarified the timing for people.

I work in a service industry and things like ETA's are always dangerous because customers assume that an Estimated date is a committed date. When international shipping is involved, that adds even more complexity and room to dissapoint. Under Promise and over deliver I say!

I'm loyal to OCUK and EVGA, not because they get everything right every time but because when it doesn't go perfectly right, I trust them to sort it out in an honest and fair way, unlike other companies where it seems like you have to prove that you're right and they do everything they can to shirk responsibility.

Now please make sure my 980ti Hybrid ships soon!

Cheers,

Joe

Soldato
Are you aware on when delivery would be for that card?

Not, but to be honest, it's got to the point that I've accepted sooner or later. Ben said they are getting some back in and OcUK honored my place in the queue so I'm back to '1st' on the ACX 2.0.

I'm really hoping it comes this before Wednesday as I'm in London for the rest of the week and won't be home till late and leaving early. Thus no time to toy around :(

Soldato
Ben,

I really appreciate you writing this note, not something you see many other manufacturers do. I was never too worried about the ship date, other than wanting my new toy as fast possible because it's my new toy! Glad you clarified the timing for people.

I work in a service industry and things like ETA's are always dangerous because customers assume that an Estimated date is a committed date. When international shipping is involved, that adds even more complexity and room to dissapoint. Under Promise and over deliver I say!

I'm loyal to OCUK and EVGA, not because they get everything right every time but because when it doesn't go perfectly right, I trust them to sort it out in an honest and fair way, unlike other companies where it seems like you have to prove that you're right and they do everything they can to shirk responsibility.

Now please make sure my 980ti Hybrid ships soon!

Cheers,

Joe

I also preorderd a hybrid from one of OCUK competitors who dated the 15hth last week, as well as preordering OCUK it self.

worst case the CC is going to get hammered today ;p;

Back
Top Bottom