• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
i have been watching and reading some reviews . i wonder why some reviews at 4k, the stock 980ti are exactly the same fps as stock Titan. or some are even 1-2fps faster . ( most of review Titan X are still faster 1-2 fps )

what am i missing here ? because i want to upgrade to Titan X now from 980ti ( waiting to be in stock ) but if it won't be a little faster then it is no point to upgrade.

Caporegime
Titan X and 980Ti are pretty much the same thing.

At 4k you may end up VRAM limited at 6GB at some point in the future, even without AA.

That's really the only benefit to the Titan X.

Soldato
I seem to remember 8pack saying that Asic has little or no effect on these cards as far as clocking goes, but I could be wrong. Mine is 77.7 and clocks well.YMMV.

Associate
I seem to remember 8pack saying that Asic has little or no effect on these cards as far as clocking goes, but I could be wrong. Mine is 77.7 and clocks well.YMMV.

I know from the 2 980's I had the asic affected what it final boost speed was but beyond that it didn't affect much.

The asic on my TX is around 65% so I'm looking forward to getting that Hybrid Cooler!

Soldato
20150615_175131_zps8wooa55x.jpg

There we go, a little less chaotic.

Associate
i have been watching and reading some reviews . i wonder why some reviews at 4k, the stock 980ti are exactly the same fps as stock Titan. or some are even 1-2fps faster . ( most of review Titan X are still faster 1-2 fps )

what am i missing here ? because i want to upgrade to Titan X now from 980ti ( waiting to be in stock ) but if it won't be a little faster then it is no point to upgrade.

I doubt they are running on the same boost (luck of draw). Clock vs clock the TX is faster.

Mine are rocking 1424/2000 on air (stock bios) the equivalent overclocking on a GTX980Ti will be slower.

Edit: It won't be noticeable though moving from a GTX980Ti to a TX unless you are using settings that go over 6GB VRAM.

Last edited:
Soldato

l o l

Associate
I doubt they are running on the same boost (luck of draw). Clock vs clock the TX is faster.

Mine are rocking 1424/2000 on air (stock bios) the equivalent overclocking on a GTX980Ti will be slower.

Edit: It won't be noticeable though moving from a GTX980Ti to a TX unless you are using settings that go over 6GB VRAM.

Yep you are right on that. A youtube channel OC the X and ti to the same OC and the titan won every time as expected. In fact the titan even beat the ti hybrid which had a higher overclock. Titan all the way for 4k but under that res the ti is the better more cost effective option obviously.

Back
Top Bottom