Project: Clear & Simple

Associate
OP
This looks similar to what I'm going to be doing with most likely the 750D :) Except mine will have a pump :p (can't see it in the picture)

How you planning to mount your pump/res?

Not sure yet. I'm waiting till the pump/res arrives tomorrow so I can see as it may require some "interesting" mounting methods. It will probably require the mounting plate being altered somehow ;)

Associate
I think I ordered the same pump as you about 5 months ago. It came with a bracket similar to this one.. EK-UNI Holder DDC V2 but with a hole cut through the middle to suit the D5 instead. It's also got anti-vibration mounts to attach it to the plate, but mine still vibrates a fair bit and i'm starting to think that is the source of the annoying sound my PC sometimes makes.

Associate
OP
I think I ordered the same pump as you about 5 months ago. It came with a bracket similar to this one.. EK-UNI Holder DDC V2 but with a hole cut through the middle to suit the D5 instead. It's also got anti-vibration mounts to attach it to the plate, but mine still vibrates a fair bit and i'm starting to think that is the source of the annoying sound my PC sometimes makes.

Hmm noise could be an issue, I'll probably end up mounting the UNI-Holder to the mounting bracket using rubber & screws but it will probably need some more holes. As for the vibrations hopefully the rubber should sort that out.... I hope :eek:

Associate
OP
0ZLhwEG.png
Phase 2 of items ordered today. Now I'm just waiting for the RAM to come in stock and to decide on a GPU for the system :D

They should arrive tomorrow so I can start on the tube bending :)

YOUR BASKET
1 x EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM (incl. pump) £86.99
1 x EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal £49.99
1 x XSPC EX360 120mm Radiator - Black £42.95
1 x XSPC EX240 120mm Radiator - Black £34.99
2 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Series High Pressure Low Noise - Dual Pack (CO-9050006-WW) £22.00 (£44.00)
1 x PrimoChill 13/10mm Acrylic Tube 60cm 4-Pack - Clear £15.95
1 x Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition Low Noise High Airflow - Single Pack (CO-9050001-WW) £11.99
1 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Series High Pressure Low Noise - Single Pack (CO-9050005-WW) £11.99
1 x Mayhems X1 Clear Premixed Watercooling Fluid 1L £7.99
1 x Bitspower adapter 2x 1/4 inch - long Deluxe White £6.49
10 x PrimoChill Revolver Compression Fitting Acrylic Tubes 13/10mm Diamond - White £6.49 (£64.90)
Total : £387.84 (includes shipping : £8.00 Ex.VAT).

Associate
OP
Just a quick one, does the front section of the case come out? The part that runs up the side and the OD drives? I just feel like it will block the view of the front rad and fans etc..
Yes, you can remove all the HDD & 5.25" cases but I will leave the Phanteks shroud in. The reason why it's not in the model is it would have been a pain to do do in Sketchup as I'm not very good at CAD :).

look very cool
Thank you, I hope the end product looks good :)

if u have made a chose on the ram yet i would get the G.Skill Ripjaws 4 they are very nice and simple
I would have purchased G.Skill RAM but I bit the bullet on cost and purchased some Corsair Dominator Platinums :D

Nice choice of parts, should be a good build to keep an eye on!
Thank you, hopefully when the parts arrive today I can get started on the tubing runs :D

Associate
0ZLhwEG.png
Just produced some quick models of how the PC's interior may look using some models from Google and drawing tube runs. The pipes in the actual build will be clear but I could not find a way to draw clear pipes in Sketchup. I'm pretty pleased with the tube runs and hope I can get them as clean as this when I build it. There are some more renders but this is the best one :)

Is it hard using IndigoRT to make that, I was thinking about making a render of my next PC or a media PC would be nice to make a plan first

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is it hard using IndigoRT to make that, I was thinking about making a render of my next PC or a media PC would be nice to make a plan first

To be honest it was easy, just install the sketchup plugin to import your model. The hardest part was modelling the PC in sketchup :) (Also please remove the image from the quote or my thread may be removed) :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
0ZLhwEG.png

So today I have uploaded the photos despite the delays and fitted the pump, to do this I required a EK bracket to fit the pump holder onto the fans as their was no other mounting location without "modding" the case. I try to avoid this as I'm not about to drill a hole into a new case :eek::eek:
I have yet to decide if the pump needs rotating but so far I think this will be it's final position.

Look at those fabulous fans
QQzuFPk.jpg
And here's the pump
nGFX4Ck.jpg
Now they're both fitted fitted :D
j7jjJmd.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom