Project: Clear & Simple

Associate
Thank you:D

Indeed, to be honest I just wanted a smart looking build that went well with the ASUS X99-S board so black/white was the perfect choice. :)

Yep, Either that or the New Gigabyte one that is coming out that has the nice red accents on it, Although that would probably look better in a White/Red with a Hint of black build

I take it you are doing White Coolant?

Associate
OP
Looks really nice and clean, what colour you thinking of for coolant?
I will be using clear coolant as I just think it will look a lot cleaner. Although I do like Mayhems Pastel White but I've already got the clear coolant :)

Yep, Either that or the New Gigabyte one that is coming out that has the nice red accents on it, Although that would probably look better in a White/Red with a Hint of black build
I take it you are doing White Coolant?
Nope, I'm using the Mayhem Clear X1 coolant :)

Associate
Looking forward to seeing this one come together. I did a hardline acrylic build in this case last year and it was great fun. Got a hankering to do a new build soon and this isn't helping.

Associate
OP
Looking forward to seeing this one come together. I did a hardline acrylic build in this case last year and it was great fun. Got a hankering to do a new build soon and this isn't helping.

Thanks, not gonna lie though working with acrylic tubing is going to be a challenge but I'm looking forward to it :D:D

Associate
It's not too bad in all honesty, just be careful measuring it up and have a couple of practice bends to get to grips with how much heat to use.

This was my mental attempt which at the time seemed like a great idea but I hate how messy it looks now. I've been waiting to upgrade for a while but nothing has come out to justify it yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing some updates, document as much as you can, I'm nosy :D

Associate
OP
It's not too bad in all honesty, just be careful measuring it up and have a couple of practice bends to get to grips with how much heat to use.

This was my mental attempt which at the time seemed like a great idea but I hate how messy it looks now. I've been waiting to upgrade for a while but nothing has come out to justify it yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing some updates, document as much as you can, I'm nosy :D

Luckily I have some spare tubing to practice on. I just had a bit of an issue recently where my original loop plan will have to be modified to fit the case. I'll be sure to update as soon as I can :D

Associate
OP
So you not using PETG? apparently that is easier to use and looks better because you get less spider cracks

Nope, I'm not using PETG as I couldn't find anywhere that sells it and I have seen that in some cases it has flattened when bending using mandrels. I might end up using PETG though if the acrylic drives me mad. :D

Associate
OP
0ZLhwEG.png
Well, today the RAM arrived so I've whipped up the system for a quick tester to make sure all the components are working fine. A couple of burn tests and memtest and then I will dismantle for the watercooling. :D

1fwtqEv.png
Gentlemen, you know why I've gathered you here today ;):D
XxkixCn.png
Fesc5EK.png

More to follow over the coming days...... :D

Associate
OP
0ZLhwEG.png
Busy busy today as after I finished stress testing the computer I was back to work to watercool the GPU and put the CPU block on the motherboard
XP8WwWW.png

Some minor issues such as a slight coil whine from the R9 290X. It crushed my spirit :( but after I asked a friend how it sounded I was told to "stop being a finicky sod" and get on with it.:D
So I did and now I'm tired but happy about how it looks.

Another slight issue is that the CPU & GPU ports are slightly off so my hope of the tube being straight with one bend has been obliterated.

Anyway that's enough for one day, more to follow.....

Associate
If it's any consolation I have a 290x lightning and also have coil whine, but when the sides are on the case it's barely audible and with headphones on it goes unnoticed.

It's impossible to say from that pic, but you do have a little bit of play with those revolver fittings so you may get away with just one bend if the ports are only slightly out of line. But if you do have to do a bend in the acrylic, if it's done right and looks purposeful then I think it'll still look great.

Associate
OP
Had the same problem on my build mate. I planned a perfectly vertical pipe with one bend from the gpu to cpu but it was slightly off.
It's going to be a bit tricky but my plan is for a straight line out of the CPU and then a slight kink in the line down to the card. That way it should look relatively clean.

If it's any consolation I have a 290x lightning and also have coil whine, but when the sides are on the case it's barely audible and with headphones on it goes unnoticed.

It's impossible to say from that pic, but you do have a little bit of play with those revolver fittings so you may get away with just one bend if the ports are only slightly out of line. But if you do have to do a bend in the acrylic, if it's done right and looks purposeful then I think it'll still look great.
No, even with the play in the fittings the amount they are off by is still far too big. Definitely going to require some try/error to get the bend right. As for the coil whine it is hardly noticeable (Similar to my R9 280X) but it gets audible for me when I launch a game like Planetside 2. To be honest I think it might be a issue with the PSU/GPU combo where the power supplied is at the same frequency as the capacitors (or something like that)

Associate
It's going to be a bit tricky but my plan is for a straight line out of the CPU and then a slight kink in the line down to the card. That way it should look relatively clean.

No, even with the play in the fittings the amount they are off by is still far too big. Definitely going to require some try/error to get the bend right. As for the coil whine it is hardly noticeable (Similar to my R9 280X) but it gets audible for me when I launch a game like Planetside 2. To be honest I think it might be a issue with the PSU/GPU combo where the power supplied is at the same frequency as the capacitors (or something like that)

That would **** me off know there's a kink in there, I saw JayzTwoCent's build his Skunkworks and he had a bend like this:

----------| |
---------/ /
--------| |

It looked so nasty

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Thanks. Great collection on there. Not got what I'm looking for but easy enough to mod something existing

Back
Top Bottom