** ROG SEXYNESS: THREE NEW ROG SWIFTS COMING SOON!! **

Associate
Wondering what card(s) would be needed to drive 3 of the PG279Q for assetto corsa/iracing/dirt 3 high settings?

Also interested in more info on dead pixel warranty at this price.

Looking forward to reviews from badass.

Associate
Wondering what card(s) would be needed to drive 3 of the PG279Q for assetto corsa/iracing/dirt 3 high settings?

Also interested in more info on dead pixel warranty at this price.

Looking forward to reviews from badass.

Notes/FAQ:
- 3x NVIDIA GeForce TITAN X GPU in 3-way SLI configuration are needed for surround vision.
- Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.
- G-SYNC & 100Hz only supported on GTX 700, GTX 900 and Titan series.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology only works with NVIDIA’s graphic cards. Other GPUs are NOT able to support this technology.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology automatically scales up your contents displayed to 3440 x 1440. The DisplayPort supports 3440 x 1440 up to 100Hz. The HDMI only supports 3440 x 1440 @ 30Hz.
- The ROG SWIFT PG348Q can support G-SYNC Surround (3x SWIFT PG348Q) up to 10320 x 1440 (*Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.)
- PG348Q does NOT support NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ . PG348Q does NOT support NVIDIA ® Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB)

Associate
Don't be fooled by those promotion pics, the bezels are not that small.

Google search any of the LG/Dell 34"/29" monitors and the bezel in real life is larger i.e. google search the 29um65 and here is what the bezel is actually like:

Jg5wikGh.jpg

Although it is still a lot thinner than most other monitors and the lack of the actual plastic chassis is great, unfortunately just not as good as we are led to believe....

seems there the same..check out this vid with witcher 3....

[/QUOTE]

Caporegime
Yup thought that would be the case :p

It is very misleading those promo pics and tbh could be considered as "false advertising" and possibly even be used as a reason for returning the monitor under CCR for a full refund with shipping covered!

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing is, Overclockers are not telling you something, that is they get 1 month priority on these three RoG monitors, so you have to wait another month after they release to buy it from another retailer, so that is why it is more expensive

How do you know that? do you have proof?

Why would Asus give OCUK monitors 1 month earlier than others?

Soldato
- Warranty: 3yr (On-Site with Asus - 01442 265 548)

For the avoidance on any confusion can you please explain what this constitutes, it's not another "LG Onsite warranty" right, where there was nothing really "on site about it"?

All of these really expensive panels but there seem to be lots of QA disasters out their at the moment, I'd want to know what Asus's policy on things like "excessively bright/uneven glow in the corners" is before dropping my hard earned ££££

Does the Asus PG348Q ROG Swift 34 come with "On-Site with Asus" as it's not listed, just says "Warranty : 3yr", maybe that's just a typo.

Last edited:
Associate
How do you know that? do you have proof?

Why would Asus give OCUK monitors 1 month earlier than others?

I contacted different retailers, they say OCUK as priority on it. Well OCUK know it will be popular and know that they will purchase it from any retailer who has it. So OCUK wants to make more money on it.

I can give you evidence when I livechat again, why do you think no other retailers have listed the monitor.

Also why would other retailers say that OCUK has priority and they cannot get the monitor till 1 month after the release date, this must be true because they would have not said that if they could list the monitor.

Soldato
I contacted different retailers, they say OCUK as priority on it. Well OCUK know it will be popular and know that they will purchase it from any retailer who has it. So OCUK wants to make more money on it.

I can give you evidence when I livechat again, why do you think no other retailers have listed the monitor.

Also why would other retailers say that OCUK has priority and they cannot get the monitor till 1 month after the release date, this must be true because they would have not said that if they could list the monitor.

If OCUK can confirm they have priority and are the only retailer that will be receiving the monitor for 1 month, before any other retailer is allowed to sell it, I would believe it. It does not make sense for Asus to limit their release to one retailer for one month. Please post your proof..

Last edited:
Soldato
If OCUK can confirm they have priority and are the only retailer that will be receiving the monitor for 1 month, before any other retailer is allowed to sell it, I would believe it. It does not make financial sense for Asus to limit their release to one retailer for one month. Please post your proof..
OcUK frequently buy up the majority of the stock for big hitting items. XB270HU was another example of this.

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK frequently buy up the majority of the stock for big hitting items. XB270HU was another example of this.

This we have huge buying power and can buy pretty much everything Asus can ship to UK / Europe as was evident with the Swift last year and XB270HU. Though competitors may list and even get stock Ocuk will typically get the lions share and first deliveries.

I've already ordered thousands and am first reseller to do so in Europe. :)

Soldato
This we have huge buying power and can buy pretty much everything Asus can ship to UK / Europe as was evident with the Swift last year and XB270HU. Though competitors may list and even get stock Ocuk will typically get the lions share and first deliveries.

Drop the pre-order price of the PG279Q to £700 please and I will order ;) Probably a lot of people were expecting £700 and find £750 a bit steep, going from comments on other forums.

Last edited:
Associate

Now, I would like to ask as many people would be thinking now at this price of the ASUS PG348Q monitor. What about returns for a dead pixel, bad backlight bleed and issues with the ASUS PG348Q monitor, I would buy one, however I do not want to keep sending it back because of a dead pixel or other issues, is there anything you can do

If you can do something, you will get my pre order later

Also I think you are the first company in the world to put this monitor up for pre order so "WORLDS FIRST ACHIEVED" you got yourself a Feat of Strength well done :)

Last edited:
Soldato
At 750£ i say thank you very much but no.Almost 200 more than rog swift just for ips panel is a bit insane.

I have been waiting for this monitor for months now, I think £700 is about all I am willing to pay... the MG279Q is £450.... Normally Gsync screens are £100-200 more than the freesync versions.

Back
Top Bottom