• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
What's the Asic?
You should get there without any added voltage (which actually can make things more unstable).
My G1 arrives in a few hours, but with previous cards I could get above 1500 without adding voltage (Asic of 69 for Amp! Extreme and 74 for HoF).

Associate
What kind of clock speeds are people with a G1 getting ?

Had artefacts at 1500 mhz at +85 mV. Coil whine aswell. :(

running at 1505 with +0mV, can go higher but there's little need. As Razor said I'm not sure the g1 really likes/needs extra volts that much, try lowering it to +50mV, or even trying it without and just ramp up the power limit to 130%.

Also what OC are you running on your memory?

If the coil whine is bad get in touch with customer service (if you got it from OC), they are normally very good with that issue.

Associate
My new evga supernova g2 gold 850 watt is so much better.i have my GTX 980TI stable after 3 hours of gaming at 240+ core 1450mhz with not adding any volts. And the temp is 68c with fan profile 80. Where as my old psu couldn't cope with that. Strange :)

Soldato
ASIC of 68%. I tried it at stock volts but Heaven just crashed. I think I left the power limit at 120% so I might try increasing that.

I left the memory at stock for the moment.

My PSU has a buzzing issue that I need to RMA but I tried with a different PSU and had the same whine. Think I might avoid Seasonic, it's the third one I had to RMA now.

Associate
What kind of clock speeds are people with a G1 getting ?

Had artefacts at 1500 mhz at +85 mV. Coil whine aswell. :(

1500mhz here at stock voltage (ASIC 72%). I think that's about the limit of mine as more voltage just lets it inch up to 1535-ish before artifacting out.

Soldato
ASIC of 68%. I tried it at stock volts but Heaven just crashed. I think I left the power limit at 120% so I might try increasing that.

I left the memory at stock for the moment.

My PSU has a buzzing issue that I need to RMA but I tried with a different PSU and had the same whine. Think I might avoid Seasonic, it's the third one I had to RMA now.

i tried 3 after my old PSU coolermaster silent pro 850 made the loudest coil whine, so i tried Corsair HX1000i and EVGA 850 G2, these also do it, but much less noise, just slight buzz when gaming, its hard to hear it so can live with that, once fans spin and game sound cant hear it,

and these 2 PSU's are very high quality

Associate
Any luck with the G1 Razor? :eek:
DPD stalking system says 15 more minutes :o

Just hope there's no whine, this time around I don't even care about Asic and overclocking (who am I kidding :().

EDIT: arrived, no Haribo and no seal on the box. Good thing I'm positive XD

Last edited:
Underboss
Not really on the ball with 980Ti stuff, are Inno3D any good?

I want something pretty quiet but still runs well out of the box.

I've already got a H105 in my case but it's a 780T so should have enough room for another AIO.

Soldato
Just realised there's an OC mode on the G1.

This OC Guru software isn't the best. It can't remember my fan curve and keeps setting it to gaming mode after every reboot. Does everyone have this issue ?

Associate

I've already got a H105 in my case but it's a 780T so should have enough room for another AIO.

I would go for it, it's a good brand ;)

So here's what I have to say about this thing:

Compared to HoF and Amp! Exteme (and even the inno X3) is tiny.
Quieter than Hof, because that damn card has a bad fan controller.
No whine whatsoever and went over 5k in Firestrike Ultra at the first run, while just checking how well it handles 1500Mhz on the core.
Asic is lower than my HoF (70 vs 74) but that's fine.

Overall as I imagined, if you get a whine free G1, it's one of the best cards you can get ;).
In my opinion superior to HoF and Extreme because of their broken fan controller (unacceptable in this price range).

P.S. Hate the fact I can't change colors without OC Guru. Silent/stop leds are also quite ridicolous.

My bios is 84.00.32.00.68 Is it the latest? Can't really understand from this page.
Also can't get the OSD from OC Guru to work. Soon I'll get over how cool it is to change colours and I'll go back to Afterburner anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just realised there's an OC mode on the G1.

This OC Guru software isn't the best. It can't remember my fan curve and keeps setting it to gaming mode after every reboot. Does everyone have this issue ?

have no issues use it myself, and have it auto start on windows bootup

Soldato

this is very quiet, i would have bought this if didnt go with the G1, just G1 seems it can be overlocked higher thats why i went with that

Palit GeForce GTX 980Ti Super Jetstream

Back
Top Bottom