PARVUM LIGHTNING

Associate
Thanks for the info, JR ;)
In my case, I just needed a Veer 1.0 with space for 2 240 rads instead of just one (1 top, 1 bottom), so it is just a matter of adding some 65 mm of space to bottom (and having similar amount on top). Anyway, I will email Parvum when I am ready to start.

Good luck with this build, will be waiting for updates ;)

Soldato
hory shet. that's all I gotta saw.

wowowowowowowowowowowowow. dem lightnings.

Mega jealous, this is going to be a sick build. Will be checking back on this like a ninja daily. :cool:

Associate
OP
Banner1.4.jpg

I couldn't be more excited to tell you guys that EKWB are on board with PARVUM LIGHTNING. When i've figured out which door the mail man will be coming to I will set up camp right behind it, awaiting a huge shipment of clean CSQ acetal epicness.

Currently I have a pair of FC-780 LIGHTNING blocks which I found at OCUK and hopefully two more are incoming from a completely 110% legit looking Italian eBay store as they were discontinued by EK. I cannot wait for the next update, if I don't get rinsed by the Italians!

EK_incoming.jpg

JR

Associate
OP
Banner1.4.jpg

Finally I have managed to scrape together 4 GTX780 Lightning blocks! from retailers that I never knew existed in various corners of Europe. ...yes I do know this is only 3, I may have got impatient and installed one already ^_^

61.jpg

Also just a couple of other things from EK.

62.jpg

63.jpg

Quite possibly not enough fittings, because, you can't have enough fittings!

64.jpg

65.jpg

Impatience struck for a second time and I may have unboxed everything without taking any pictures along the way.

66.jpg

...because Acetal.

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

EK, how did you know, all of my favourites <3

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

Just because they weren't quite black enough already I also got some cover kits for the D5's to make them extra clean.

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

I was really torn whether to use a power delivery block on the motherboard or not. On the one hand I wanted it to be as extreme as possible but retaining the XPOWER identity was also really important to me.

77.jpg

Luckily this revision allowed half of the stock heatsink to be refitted. Although it doesn't make contact with any components visually it completes the board for me.

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

I'm really pleased with how balanced the board looks with the blocks fitted, it will be orientated in the build as it is here inverted. I've consciously kept the EK logo's upside down so the board as a whole looks right. I won't invert every logo in the build, but to me this just seems right.

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

Huge thanks to EKWB! I can't wait to get all 4 Lightnings blocked up.

JR

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Banner1.5.jpg

It's awesome to have Noctua on board with Parvum Lightning, their logo looks right at home on the banner. Since experiencing the iPPC on project Chocolate Box I have been totally in love with their no-compromise way of doing things. I can't wait!

The time has come for the Lightnings to part ways with their Tri-Frozr coolers, i've finally found 4 blocks from far away corners of the world... Italy, Germany and Stoke-o.. Newcastle-under-Lyme. :p I was impatient and already blocked one card which is just as well as they are enormous.

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

With them all stripped back it's time to reflect on the epicness of a GK110-425-B1 on a Lightning PCB.

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

Each of the backplates had to have the holes opened out to fit EK's larger 3mm screws, I had contemplated switching backplates, they aren't as clean looking as I would typically like. However the Lightning identity was something that can't be taken away, the blue LED's scattered through the power delivery are an awesome touch. I can't wait to see how they illuminate between each block, especially as they are right over the nickel plate.

94.jpg

95.jpg

Now there are four again, all dat power!

96.jpg

97.jpg

Hey XPOWER, I see you down there.

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

Suddenly the motherboard doesn't look very significant in magnitude!

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

Loved this update, there is something crazy and overkill about Quad-SLI that can't be equaled. Seeing all of the EK parts married together in such proximity is phenomenal, their fittings really stand out being consistent in diameter and knurling across the entire selection I have.

Just a few more parts to find and it will be time to make progress on the case :)

JR

Back
Top Bottom