PARVUM LIGHTNING

Associate
OP
Looking great. On the CPU and pump tops is that 20mm M-F and 8mm M-F extenders up to the 90 degree?

So in the CPU block it's a 20mm M-F then a 90° rotary and then finally a push-in 10/12mm fitting. The knurling on all of the parts is identical and they are all the same OD. EKWB fittings are unparalleled IMO, no other range looks so consistent and sleek. I have a selection of extenders and plan to space out each run as required so they can drop straight down to a pass through plate in the floor.

Nice update, loving the cards and water blocks :)

Wow those cards look immense!

This looks great can see a lot of thought has gone into it! Can't wait to see it progress subbed

Thanks guys! Not long until the case design is finalised, I just need to hunt down a few more parts :)

JR

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Banner1.6.jpg

I don't think this update is going to need many words, some hardware just speaks for itself!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Come on, you didn't think there was just one F12 now did you :p

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Some matching iPPC's that are just a little bigger and a little more airflow orientated too...

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

Huge thanks to Noctua for making this update so epic! I know their support is rather uncommon for a project of this nature, which makes it even more special. I'm sure a few of you are already thinking that yellow and brown, might not be the best combination of colours, well me too. Despite my love of Noctua brown this will be addressed, you'll just have to stay tuned!

JR

Associate
Wut up j-dawg :):p
I'd disagree, I think the hint of brown from the fans will give it a sense of individuality. Black and yellow can be garish, whereas the brown will help balance it out.

Install the fans and post some pics.

Associate
I have always wondered at the choice of brown by Noctua, I guess it makes them stand out in a build, but how many people discount them in the first place due to cosmetics despite their reputed performance...

Well, that's a heck of a lot of corners to paint if that's the plan lol Good luck with that ;) look forward to seeing the end results!

Associate
OP
Wut up j-dawg :):p
I'd disagree, I think the hint of brown from the fans will give it a sense of individuality. Black and yellow can be garish, whereas the brown will help balance it out.

Install the fans and post some pics.

Black and yellow is definitely too harsh but seeing brown against gloss yellow isn't the most forgiving sight either. I intend to use a dark grey to break up the black and yellow, both in the case and the sleeving. I have some smoked frosted grey acrylic waiting to be used on this and a huge piece of opaque yellow should be on the way shortly.

The case design is still being finalized, I need to make some further measurements of the motherboard with the active MOSFET backplate fitted and get the radiators sorted!

This is going to be epic! I hope you can deliver. I love Yellow and Black mmmm

Just like black and brown it's a little offensive and forces an opinion which is always good. I'm sure that it will all come through just epicly, I have a re-assuring amount of parts now, just the struggle for a CPU remains, 5960X y u so expensive!

I have always wondered at the choice of brown by Noctua, I guess it makes them stand out in a build, but how many people discount them in the first place due to cosmetics despite their reputed performance...

Well, that's a heck of a lot of corners to paint if that's the plan lol Good luck with that ;) look forward to seeing the end results!

You definitely have to experience the brown and learn to love it, not many products can carry off an offensive colour and put it across so exquisitely. It will almost certainly never be imitated and seeing it against black and grey is phenomenal. Yellow not so much! After so many years of standing by it they know it isn't the most popular choice but i'm sure it will continue to be present in their branding for a long time! iPPC and REDUX make a refreshing change, still maintaining that unique contrast it's a nice step forwards.

JR

Associate
Black and yellow is definitely too harsh but seeing brown against gloss yellow isn't the most forgiving sight either

Haha no worries. I'm going to enjoy the appearence of the build as it manifests before our very eyes :rolleyes::D

Associate
OP
On a sidenote, do the EK predator AIO's fit the Parvum 2.0?

I've only installed one in an inverted S2.0 personally so far and it fitted beautifully. We actually made a roof for a customer so they could fit it neatly into a VEER1.0 last week with a hole for the reservoir fillport allowing them to easily fit another radiator and GPU block and bleed the loop. It worked really well and we are looking at making it a standard replacement part for the VEER1.0 and possibly the S2.0 also.

JR

Last edited:
Associate
Thats good to know, gives me options when working around my budget.
I'll prob send you an email for some panels in the next few weeks.

Associate
OP
Banner1.6.jpg

Another piece of the enourmous E-ATX puzzle that is Lightning arrived this week and oh boy does it fit in with the uncompromised overkill ethos that has been going on so far. POWER!

1.jpg

2.jpg

MOAR POWER!

3.jpg

Yep, you saw that right, 3000 watts of Strider.

4.jpg

5.jpg

I was quite surprised to see a cheeky little 140mm fan filter which actually might come in handy for daily use.

6.jpg

This is how you know when some serious current is being discussed, C19 FTW!

7.jpg

8.jpg

Hmmmm..... Silverstone pinout <3

9.jpg

10.jpg

I was also shocked to see they didn't have the traditional black Strider paint, instead a far more textured durable anthracite. The feels are epic. It's also pretty small for a 1500W PSU, Silverstone must have learned a lot from their mighty SFX endeavors.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Neat little covers too, this thing was just littered with lovely and yet very practical surprises.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Should be enough connectors. I can't wait to populate ALL of the PCIe blocks.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Big thanks to Silverstone Technology for providing these epic new Striders and keeping the overkill train rolling!

I'm sorry if you feel like this has been yet another unboxing post, but when the hardware is this awesome I can't help it! Digital work will be finalized very soon once i've decided on which 480mm radiators I will be using. And after that cutting will start, I just wanted everything to hand so no space is wasted in the final revision of the case and everything can flow together neatly. Although the monstrous difference in size and shear number of components may make it appear otherwise i'm actually taking a very similar approach to Chocolate Box. There is a full sheet of 5mm yellow and a small piece of 3mm frosted slate grey perspex standing by at Parvum HQ, once i'm ready the custom fun and games will begin.

JR

Back
Top Bottom