*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Finally bought the game after weeks of watching videos and reading stories and getting really excited, along with a nice new R9 390 to play it on.

But then I discovered the Supercruise bug, where I have 4 FPS whenever I go into Supercruise :( Really ruining my enjoyment of the game, which is such a shame as I'm absolutely loving everything else!

How are you guys with AMD graphics cards managing this? Just powering through or is there something you can do to help?

Caporegime
Finally bought the game after weeks of watching videos and reading stories and getting really excited, along with a nice new R9 390 to play it on.

But then I discovered the Supercruise bug, where I have 4 FPS whenever I go into Supercruise :( Really ruining my enjoyment of the game, which is such a shame as I'm absolutely loving everything else!

How are you guys with AMD graphics cards managing this? Just powering through or is there something you can do to help?

I've stopped playing it due to that very issue. The only way around it means installing a year old driver not meant for Windows 10 and that keeps crashing for me.

I can't believe that still isn't sorted. That is a well known bug and has been for quite some time. Gutted for you guys :(

Caporegime
I'm not sure how much he can help but it maybe worth dropping a line to AMDMatt explaining what the problem is. He might be able to speak to the driver team and get them to take a look.

I remember AMDMATT saying back in March that he would make getting a Crossfire profile his priority, so I wouldn't hold my breath but maybe AMDJoe could be worth a shot.

Associate
Weirdly, I don't have any problems on my lowly 7850 - but I'm probably using an ancient driver though on Win 7.

I have just ordered a new card though - I was getting a good solid 60fps on relatively high settings - 1920x1080 - but horizons has hammered my frame rate completely - on Ultra I'm getting about 25-30fps on planets :(

Soldato
Yeah, it's fine here on Fury Xs so it's not a blanket AMD issue. Be curious to see what the common factor between those with issues is.. Are you all on Win10? AMD CPU? Same Antivirus? Could be any number of things - might be what's taking so long for the fix if they've not managed to identify the cause yet.

Soldato
Anyone else having problems controlling this SRV thing?
It's OK on flat ground, but it seems to have a very fine line between Off and Fast and I'm forever just spinning out, even with Drive Assist.

I've gone from Reasonable Pilot to Learner Driver!!! :(

Caporegime
Anyone else having problems controlling this SRV thing?
It's OK on flat ground, but it seems to have a very fine line between Off and Fast and I'm forever just spinning out, even with Drive Assist.

I've gone from Reasonable Pilot to Learner Driver!!! :(

I have mine set to 360 pad and have assigned the throttle to the triggers but it doesn't return when I let go but put that down to me not setting it up properly. Steering and everything else is fine on the pad but just throttle is all or nothing.

Soldato
I tried using the stick axis for SRV control and found myself naturally trying to use my rudder pedals instead, have now set it to the twist on my X52Pro and quite like that, have the throttle set as is, it is invaluable to have control over that in my opinion. They do need to allow separate axis's for steering and roll when airborne though.

FPS is all over the place for me, spent a couple of hours last night with it above 30fps and then all of a sudden back to single digits, hopefully there are some bugs causing it rather than me needing an upgrade :)

Caporegime
Associate
Just to jump in, I bought this game during the recent sale and I also get about 2fps on my 400 pound AMD Fury on Win 10 while in Supercruise.... good times :p
It would just about be acceptable (acceptable meaning I am used to AMD almost never having a driver ready for launch) if it were a newly released game that they needed to work on, but apparently it has been 6 months?

Added to Crimson trying to fry my card and lowering my clock speeds considerably during gaming no matter what I tried, my frustrations with AMD continue!

Not an AMD hater by any means, all my cards have been ATI/AMD since 2008 (4850, 5850 (tried crossfire and had to sell because of poor scaling), 7950, 7990 and now a Fury).

Soldato
I have an R9 Fury and FPS in SC drops to mid 30s, not great but still playable. Win 10 latest Crimson beta drivers.

I know AMD need to work on this but with my 980Ti SC in Elite was also a mess with massive FPS stutters. Getting close to planets in SC would bring FPS to a stuttery unplayable mess only becoming playable when not in SC. Work needed still from FD and both GPU vendors IMHO.

Soldato
I just got this back from Matt via my email (i'm at work at the moment so I cant post a screenie):

Hi,

We're aware of the supercruise issue and are working with the developer to resolve the issue.

I can't give you a timeframe for the fix though, sorry.

Thanks,

Matt

At least AMD are aware of it and working to getting it fixed.

Caporegime
I have an R9 Fury and FPS in SC drops to mid 30s, not great but still playable. Win 10 latest Crimson beta drivers.

I know AMD need to work on this but with my 980Ti SC in Elite was also a mess with massive FPS stutters. Getting close to planets in SC would bring FPS to a stuttery unplayable mess only becoming playable when not in SC. Work needed still from FD and both GPU vendors IMHO.

Really? That does surprise me, as even when the servers are busiest and things do slow down, I only drop to 60 fps as a minimum. Planets are no problem and 2.0 runs really sweet for me although I do understand that people are having slow downs and need some grunt around the planets but thankfully my TX copes pretty well :)

Back
Top Bottom