*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
However, I believe you lose all your data if you die before getting it all back to a station to sell it.

Now that bit I can confirm myself - got blown up last night and lost all my cartographic data, and all my unclaimed bounties. Probably not far off 100,000 credits worth altogether - which would have doubled my cash!

Associate
Even a cheap joystick will make a huge difference to your gameplay. I use a Logitech Attack three which must be seven or eight years old and it's great. Sure if you have an Xbox pad already or are going to use it but for 'flying' games, joystick every time.

I've got an Xbox One controller that I use but the actual control scheme seems messed up unless there's a better option?

Might pick up a cheap joystick then. I can tell I'm going to enjoy this game once I get the controls nailed!

Soldato
Have you got it set to game pad with yaw? That seems relatively intuitive to me as a basic setup:
Left stick for pitch and roll, right stick for yaw and vertical thrust.
The problem with it, and I assume what makes people like joysticks, is that you don't have great control over throttle (using trigger buttons), and no control over lateral thrusters at all without reaching to the keyboard.

Then you can amend individual controls yourself as you find what works for you.

Soldato
Mortals beat me to a reply.

Interesting idea to use a button as a 'shift' to extend the amount of controls you have. Suspect it'd confuse the hell out of me though!

I have also considered swapping yaw and roll between the sticks. It's very easy when you're pitching heavily to roll unintentionally and completely change your direction of travel. Unintentional yaw wouldn't have anywhere near as severe an effect.

Soldato
Interesting idea to use a button as a 'shift' to extend the amount of controls you have. Suspect it'd confuse the hell out of me though!
I have three shift buttons, for a stack of additional functions!!

Thanks but will this work with the steam launcher? Im conscience of having two instances of the launcher.
Errrrrrrrrrrr...... pass.
I'd have thought installing it to the same location as the current launcher that Steam uses would just overwrite (I was chatting with the guy online and that's basically all he did, AFAIK), but can't say for certain myself.
Check the Support site/FAQ/forum, see what they say about it?

Caporegime
A bit odd...

There was another that sold everything - Beta Hydri, I think it was?
Not sure.
Failing that, I'd just look for High Tech systems in Empire space.

I am Elite in combat in the main game, so I have access to it but the 2.0 beta is so far behind, I am only 30% into deadly :D

Anyways, I did find one at Faust 68 and that also had a great selection of modules. I did a quick planetary landing and a drive around which I am now uploading the vids for those who are interested :)

I will certainly be buying both the Cutter and the Corvette in the main release. The Cutter is a slug but well worth it for trading (and that is my goal for Elite next) and the Corvette handles so well but not sold on the turrets placement but might just need some getting used to.

Vids will be up soon :)

Soldato
Btw if anyone wants to wing up, I'm in LHS 3505 farming Haz RES - the extra dps on Conda hulls would be appreciated (in a vulture running 2 pulse, so hull damage is a little lacking - only really noticable on the anacondas).
CMDR Meth3rlence - LHS 3505, around Olivas City.

Caporegime
Thanks but will this work with the steam launcher? Im conscience of having two instances of the launcher.

A message I got regarding your issue bud.

Greg i can see that Cavallino is having trouble installing Horizons. He is a KS alpha backer from what he said so what he needs to do is go into downloadable products and download the original launcher ie: The Alpha launcher. This will have Horizons on it when he installs it.

Steam will not have the 2.0 yet and to be honest, I wouldn't bother with the Steam link either, as it just opens up the launcher.

Soldato
Hovering over the buy button on Horizons now, is the £49.99 option really better than the £39.99 option, not bothered about beta testing or the Cobra 4 tbh...

Caporegime
Hovering over the buy button on Horizons now, is the £49.99 option really better than the £39.99 option, not bothered about beta testing or the Cobra 4 tbh...

That is down to you but Beta testing allows you to have a good play at 10% prices and see what is what without it affecting the main game. I believe you should get the discount price of £39.99 as you own the base game as well which comes with the Beta testing?

Back
Top Bottom