The Militaria Thread: Collecting and Identification

Soldato
Is that a silver pigeon on the left?

Also out of that collection which is live firing and which isnt? Unable to tell if the Ak is a straight pull, can see a Nagant though

Soldato
OP
I don't know their prices very well but that sounds good. It looks like it was captured by the Russians, from it's markings. Very nice. :)

Soldato
I don't know their prices very well but that sounds good. It looks like it was captured by the Russians, from it's markings. Very nice. :)

For that price they will be, the ones that have been untouched by commie hands command a higher price. The captured ones tend to use mismatched pieces as they were stripped down with the components thrown in a parts bin, then rebuilt from those bins.

Last edited:
Tea Drinker
Don
Even being an obsolete round I'm very surprised the rifles not deactivated regardless, "just in case", especially as it still can be hand-loaded using alternative cases (bunch of wiki info about it).

Rules is rules. If I want to shoot it I can put it on a FAC and shoot it at places like Bisley.

If you were anyway inclined you could also buy the .577 Bira gun at £24k but you might struggle to get it transferred to a FAC and find somewhere to fire it :D

vHkvqPN.jpg

Soldato
Subscribed.

Where did you get the Mosin and how much did you pay?

I believe its one of the cheapest guns available, some usaf on another forum bought one out in Nevada for 100 dollars or so. Considering its not a bad gun even now, Im wondering if its the about the best value piece you could acquire. I'd have one if I was out in the Nevada desert for sure
Far right one looks familar, forgot the name
Bren gun, either I saw it on some Falkland footage or Ive confused it with this which Ive seen used by MOD licensed 50 cal shooting club
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_anti-tank_rifle

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And some were even taken to the first Gulf War, if I remember correctly! Lovely new rifle, Macca - very jealous! I have a new bayonet to show off. Hard to believe this is over a century old:

XI7zILpl.jpg
1PDr17cl.jpg
wV3sG76l.jpg
5TZgYkDl.jpg
6qEXZSll.jpg

It's very impressive in the flesh. If anyone wants to ID it, I'll leave it anonymous. :)

Soldato
Bayonets are often used as general tools. The scabbard for the SA80 bayonet even has a bottle opener built into it :D.

I imagine anyone surrendering with such a weapon as the saw bayonet would risk being shot on sight though.

Soldato
You would be amazed at what people hand it -

One shooter I know handed in his Winchester Diamond Grade 101 shotgun because he broke the stock - He was told it would cost a grand for new one.

He then went out and got a bog standard 101

Everyone could have clocked him over that.

A gunsmith I used was telling me people bring in weapons for him to dispose of - He had a very nice Swiss obsolete calibre pistol handed in - all shiny and looked new - Also leg of mutton gun cases. - Anything illegal was handed in but other stuff he kept.

Unfortunately he has retired - he could fix anything.

That is a very nice bayonet.

Back
Top Bottom