Phanteks Enthoo Pro M rebuild...

Associate
OP
It looks a lot better with air cooler, I glad you sort the temperatures :)
Have you been consider to use sleeved 24 Pin ATX Extension Cable to get rid of all rainbow colours there?

yea Im planning on getting an extension for the 24 pin ATX and 2 6 pin PCIE extensions to get some nice braided cables on show.

I prefer the look of it with the air cooler I know some folk prefer the look of the AIO units but I do like the way it is now.
plus ive got better temps now which is a bonus.

Im still tempted to try and get the raised lettering done black or silver so it stands out.

I think black to go down the route of red and black theme but I think silver as the phanteks logo is normally done in silver.... :confused:

Associate
I'm happy with it but Im always looking to see what I can do next...
Damn - have you read my mind :D That's the same like me bro!
I've already got an idea what to do in my Noctis, but that make whole case to dismantle into a pieces... :p

Ive no money to spend on it until after the new year so whatever I do between now and then will need to be free :D
But for you... Not quite free, but low cost defo and great end effect: 5.25' bay cover. Black acrylic, or black HIPS there :) That is what I would do in your PC case :D

Associate
OP
But for you... Not quite free, but low cost defo and great end effect: 5.25' bay cover. Black acrylic, or black HIPS there :) That is what I would do in your PC case :D

Yea ive been playing with ideas on the drive. I was thinking some black acrylic stuck to it or was tempted to take the outer case of it and try painting it with plastic dip stuff

Associate
OP
so I was playing with Msi afterburner earlier.
Ive upped the clocks on the 970 from standard.

core clock has been raised 107Mhz to 1600Mhz and memory is up 95Mhz to 3600Mhz ( am I right in thinking this gets doubled? )

the results have been fine. Ive noticed if I go any higher I start getting a drop in frames and some stuttering. I haven't touched the voltage
Im fairly surprised as my temperature has remained pretty much the same if anything I think its slightly cooler but this could be the extra fan and the CPU air cooler making a difference.

before
00002_zpsuuyf2ige.png

over clocked
00005_zps1pf4opar.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
not really a system update but more of an internet update...

I live semi rural Ive been here for 4 years come January and do love it here.
but where I lived before 30Mb/s was normal for me as we had V/M so when we moved to where we are now and the fastest speed I could get was between 6 to 7Mb/s on a good day it was a bit of a shock to the system.. had me half tempted to move again!!

so today my internet went down for about 20 minutes and when it came back on I thought the pages were loading a bit quicker.. so done a quick speed test to see what I was getting..

before
4817096103_zpstpwbntzo.png

today
4883936220_zps6lvudhsi.png

yes I know it will be slow compared to what others are getting.. but after nearly 4 years of 6 to 7Mb/s an extra 10Mb/s on top I'm noticing the difference!! Im well happy!! :D

Associate
OP
wee extra added.. the ssd is still behind the motherboard tray but will be ordering some nice braided cables for that then getting it mounted at the front..

but now have some red/black braided ATX and PCIE cables thanks to savagesam117

going to give it a clean out and tidy everything up at the weekend if I get chance.
WP_20151217_01_03_40_Pro_LI_zpspburvkqi.jpg

WP_20151217_01_03_28_Pro_LI_zps6jjbtsam.jpg

Associate
Looks great mate, cables do make such a difference to finishing off a build!

Now if only Phanteks did a big windowed side panel to see your components better... ;)

Associate
OP
Looks great mate, cables do make such a difference to finishing off a build!

Now if only Phanteks did a big windowed side panel to see your components better... ;)
yea I must admit.. I really do like the case but a bigger window would make a difference.

Im looking to get some black/ red 140mm fans for on the cooler and the rear of the case.

after that again some black / red 120's for the front I was thinking on getting some red lighting in there to go with the red light strips in the mobo.

I don't want the front fans to light up though as this would then cause the front of the case to light up red where as I dont want that. I just want a red glow inside to brighten it up a bit.

Associate
OP
also my Phanteks pwm lead has stopped working.. so Ive had to plug the fans in direct at the moment so there running at full speed...

so Ive been looking at some PWM fans to replace the ones on the cooler and rear of the case.

idealy I would like either black/ red or just plain black but have spotted the Thermalright TY-143 fans which look good but no black on them..

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ther...ase-fan-120mm-mount-high-speed-hs-100-tr.html

Associate
I had a wee play with my cables while I was in there.. thoughts
I would move PCI-E cables back to right side. Now it looks a bit worse than it was. Instead of moving I would grab cable combs, which that does help to keep nice routing of them :)
Small cable comb
or
Large cable comb
depends on cable thickness ;)

Except that - rig shine bright like diamond :D :D
Great job!

Back
Top Bottom