• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
Looks like memory leak guys - game needs to be patched and optimised in Siberia. They did great for the beginning of the game.

It must be something like this, although gpu-z say's my memory usage hasn't even reached 3.5 gb's. I started playing again and it's perfect for 45 minutes or so and then it hits the stutter and stays stuttery, Stopping the game and starting again fixes it for another 45 minutes or so.

Caporegime
Whoops, didn't have exclusive fullscreen enabled, enabled that as well as FXAA and disabled vignette & depth of field:

LL9uAb3.png

foX6cDa.png

vUUsquo.png

KPZ1eSb.png
Stats still a bit similar.

I really need polaris/pascal GPU or/and a 34" 1440 freesync screen now :(

EDIT:

And yeah I am pretty sure this game needs a patch, VRAM usage is low at first but builds up slowly + CPU usage shouldn't be that low, should it?!

Associate
OK tried the driver out last night but it doesnt seem to alter any of the stuttering in ROTTR for me.

Any Ideas?

What settings do people recommend. I am running it at 2560x1440p @ 144Hz on a Sapphire Fury Tri-X.

thanks
:)

Lower texture quality, or by more RAM. New 64bit games are quite memory hungry+denuvo DRM.
16gb of memory instead of 8gb solved stuttering completely.

Caporegime
Lower texture quality, or by more RAM. New 64bit games are quite memory hungry+denuvo DRM.
16gb of memory instead of 8gb solved stuttering completely.

My game isn't using much of the 8GB RAM as in above screenies, although like the VRAM usage, it slowly rises as you get further in. Seen the likes of Bf 4 etc. use more RAM than this so I think 8GB should be fine at least when the memory leak issue is fixed.

But yeah, I wonder if the denuvo DRM is causing some performance issues, stops piracy (at least for a while) but it causes issues :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to confirm, I did a recording that lasts 56 mins and started off showing 5744MB being used and at the end, showing 7105MB being used, so deffo a memory leak. ROTTR that is.

Hmm, I've recorded hours of footage and I've only seen my Memory hit 6.1GB, and never go over it.

There is obviously something afoot with the VRAM though, as when I drop from Very High to High textures game simply dumps everything down to around 2GB, and then it'll slowly climb back up to around 5GB after a while.

I'm hoping Nixxes and CD can fix the underlying issues. With HBM's bandwidth it shouldn't run out of VRAM and cause all these stutters.

Even Shadow of Mordor didn't do it with it's severe VRAM usage at times.

But yeah, I wonder if the denuvo DRM is causing some performance issues, stops piracy (at least for a while) but it causes issues :(

Edit: Completely forgot about that DRM, it's been known to cause issues in the past with performance alright.

Associate
What kind of performance can I expect with crossfire 7970s and an i5 at 1440p?
The last tomb raider ran fine and looked great is this one much more demanding?

Soldato
What kind of performance can I expect with crossfire 7970s and an i5 at 1440p?
The last tomb raider ran fine and looked great is this one much more demanding?

You should get around 40fps @ 1440P I think. I get around 55fps average @1080p on my overclocked 290X and your crossfire is around 20% faster than that.

The new drivers seem to have got rid of the VRAM stutter at very high texture settings for me. The VRAM is at 3.9GB but I played through the Soviet Installation level and no stutter at all. The lowest fps in that area is 43fps but over 55 fps most of the time.

If there is an issue it's probably a memory leak somewhere. One important issue is that Anisotropic Filtering seems to be pretty heavy on the fps. 16X can drops fps by around 10 fps so I have it set to 4X until the devs release a patch.

Last edited:
Caporegime
^ Thats a bad trip! :D

and heres another (not me, as don't have the game):p

Well played AMD, well played.

I absolutely loathe Nvidia, but even im thinking of going to them next round, as you have no option if you want to carry on being a PC gamer, as AMDs are broken, nothing works on them anymore, their new drivers are an absolute shambles, its a real shame, whoever deicded to change their drivers should be sacked, they should have just left them how they were, and just revamped the CCC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom