• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
OK tried the driver out last night but it doesnt seem to alter any of the stuttering in ROTTR for me.

Any Ideas?

What settings do people recommend. I am running it at 2560x1440p @ 144Hz on a Sapphire Fury Tri-X.

thanks
:)

Soldato
installed the latest drivers with no issues

will try tonight but then again i had no issues with games apart from the clock speed issue which has not been fixed

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally a Fallout 4 crossfire profile. Can't wait to try it although the game is now running at a locked 60 fps with the new 1.3 patch.

Soldato
OK tried the driver out last night but it doesnt seem to alter any of the stuttering in ROTTR for me.

Any Ideas?

What settings do people recommend. I am running it at 2560x1440p @ 144Hz on a Sapphire Fury Tri-X.

thanks

With a 4GB card you need to set textures to HIGH rather than VERY HIGH. Apparently the highest setting uses 4K textures which use more than 6GB of VRAM hence the stuttering. Haven't tested with new drivers yet but I was getting sever stutter/pausing until I dropped texture setting to HIGH.

Soldato
Thanks Matt.

Sadly some major graphics glitching going on for me with 290s

image.png

I have the same issue! :(

Soldato
Has the issue where you get a black screen after the first restart after installing crimson been fixed yet?

I found blackscreens were caused by MSI Afterburner memory overclock settings. Disable automatic startup for AB and everything should be fine.

Soldato
These drivers are completely borked for me. TR did that weird lighting effect like in JP7152's screen shot then black screened and crashed, I tried FO4 loaded a game where I saved in the castle and the walls were missing, paladin Danse was just head floating around (admittedly quite funny) lots of flickering and just generally completely broken.

Ran DDU and tried again, same thing. Reinstalled the previous driver version and its fixed.

Utterly frustrating. :(

Caporegime
Yeah just I am planning on picking up tomb raider this week probably so if the issue is affecting single AMD card users as well, I won't bother until AMD get their **** together :p :(

Associate
slick I have noticed the problem is only with three way xfire. It doesn't do it on two way (Tomb Raider.)

However with normal 2 card crossfire the Windows Store version of the game freezes every time it hits a loading screen and to make it continue you have to alt-tab in and out of the game. Doh!

Soldato
Yeah just I am planning on picking up tomb raider this week probably so if the issue is affecting single AMD card users as well, I won't bother until AMD get their **** together :p :(

With the previous driver where it is only running single GPU it is fine, get it mate you wont be disappointed its a great game so far! :)

slick I have noticed the problem is only with three way xfire. It doesn't do it on two way (Tomb Raider.)

However with normal 2 card crossfire the Windows Store version of the game freezes every time it hits a loading screen and to make it continue you have to alt-tab in and out of the game. Doh!

That's interesting, thanks for the tip.

I did notice that I had to alt-tab to get the game menu to show, it was just black screen otherwise! :confused:

Associate

Any Ideas?

thanks

I'm pretty sure the stuttering is down to slow memory leak in Tomb Raider; as the engine itself needs to patched. I'm running textures on high and getting the same. I'll try with new drivers; but there are some serious issues in Siberia that are not there in the beginning of the game. I'd say they optimized the beginning; but not the middle of the game.

Caporegime
With the previous driver where it is only running single GPU it is fine, get it mate you wont be disappointed its a great game so far! :)

Ah good to hear, I had read a few guys using the fury GPUs mentioning stutter later on in the game, although it sounds like it could just be an issue with those cards or possibly even a game issue...

And yup, loved the last one and this looks even better :D

Soldato
Ah good to hear, I had read a few guys using the fury GPUs mentioning stutter later on in the game, although it sounds like it could just be an issue with those cards or possibly even a game issue...

And yup, loved the last one and this looks even better :D

I haven't got to far into the game yet so there may be issues further in, I'm sure a patch will be in the works though.

The graphics are incredible, really stunning!

Permabanned

I just spent an hour in-game at the Mill and mine tomb and it's been running and looking perfect on a single Fury Tri-x. I am on high textures and the SSAA which is above FXAA but below the 2 AA's with x2 and x4. I'll have to go back to the last stutter area to see how it runs there but I'm under the impression it's fixed for my Fury..

Back
Top Bottom