Assetto Corsa

Associate
It's rarely on for less (or much less) afaik.
Pretty good price with the DLC included and you'll want that stuff for online at least, as a lot of the servers tend to use the content.

Nords, Brands and Catalunya are probably worth it alone IMO, even if you're not going online.

The first Dream Pack is a must for all racing fans, purely for the laserscanned Nordschlefe that took 10 000 hours to recreate. The rest is down to taste, although imho each dream pack contains very tasty content (McLaren P1, Mclaren F1, Lambo Countach, Huracan, Gallardo, laserscanned Brands Hatch etc)
Thank you very much for the info gentlemen, will give me a kick in the arse to get out my ageing red Momo Force again.
I just wish someone would invent a device (affordable) that can simulate the compression at the bottom of Paddock Hill. :)

Cheers

Associate
Thank you very much for the info gentlemen, will give me a kick in the arse to get out my ageing red Momo Force again.
I just wish someone would invent a device (affordable) that can simulate the compression at the bottom of Paddock Hill. :)

Cheers

I think you would like either an Accuforce Wheel or an OSW direct drive wheel. Although affordable can be a relative word!

Associate
I'm not sure how the motion platforms simulate compression, a couple of friends have them so I'll ask but I can say that a DD wheel definitely simulates down force/compression very well :)

Associate
Sorry guys, wasn't being completely serious. :)
As Uncle Petey mentioned there's the motion rig/platforms which simulate lateral and fronty/backy G but I personally like the feeling you get at the bottom of Paddock Hill when your chin gets pushed down into your chest and conversely that feeling in your stomach when the car goes light when cresting a rise like at the top of the Mountain at Cadwell Park.
Funnily enough, not keen on roller coasters though. :D

Cheers.

Man of Honour
This could be my next purchase.

It's small and at £2K reasonably affordable when you consider that direct drive wheels are in the £1500 range and I know a few guys in here have one.

Soldato
Yeah, Inside Sim Racing have a couple of review vids on that.
Looks good, but I doubt it'd do the compression thing very well. Then again, it's probably less than a tenth of the price and takes up waaaay less space than the beast up there :D

I'd still have one.

Associate
I can't make this weekend, (work, not the mrs honest!) but I'd like to give this a try another time, I've only ever raced a random lobby on AC before and it was never an amazing experience!

Soldato
Finally got my wheel working. So was able to give this a try for the first time.

This is the first time I've ever played a racing title on a PC. And I think it's awesome. My only real frustration is that I have so many buttons at my disposal. I'm going to have to take some time out to reassign them all.

Back
Top Bottom