Assetto Corsa

Soldato
Everyone has their preferences :)

One-off open race this Sunday if anyone here is interested.

WTCC @ Donington Park

Info/sign up here

ED: And by the way, for those of you who like a bit more of a driving challenge, the following week sees the start of a 4 race mini series featuring the Lotus 72D at the 1988 versions of Spa, Suzuka, Jerez and Estoril.

Last edited:
Soldato
Everyone has their preferences :)

One-off open race this Sunday if anyone here is interested.

WTCC @ Donington Park

Info/sign up here

ED: And by the way, for those of you who like a bit more of a driving challenge, the following week sees the start of a 4 race mini series featuring the Lotus 72D at the 1988 versions of Spa, Suzuka, Jerez and Estoril.

Not sure if I can make that one since it's my birthday on Sunday.

I did however try those WTCC cars very briefly last night. Is the Seat really a TDi? Sounds just like a petrol and revs to ~6700rpm.

This is my kind of battle :)

Soldato
I don't know and I'm not really bothered tbh :)
As long as it drives ok and is generally in line with the other cars, I'm fine with it.

Happy birthday in advance :)

*sneak peek* As an aside, one of our guys is actually liasing with Ginetta and using real world data directly from them to make it as close to real life as possible and also working with Fonsecker to update the sound too - as well as getting the car updated to AC's latest tyre specs etc.
Stay tuned, early results are very promising and it'll be the focus of our next main series in the near future.

The first couple of Ginetta series we ran were awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know and I'm not really bothered tbh :)
As long as it drives ok and is generally in line with the other cars, I'm fine with it.

Happy birthday in advance :)

Fair enough :) When I tried those cars, it seemed to affect how the game looked from the in-car view. The track was a lot brighter to the point of being blown out, and made it pretty difficult to see anything. Guessing that hasn't happened to you?

Thanks very much :)

Soldato
Oh, and I generally drive in hood or bumper cam.

I drive much better with the hood cam, but since you can't change the view in iRacing, I didn't want to get used to it so I've stuck with the in-car view.

I'll test the WTCC cars again tonight :)

On another note, I tried the RSR Formula 3 last night. It has the same problems (for me) as the GT3s because it has crazy amounts of downforce, but around Brands Hatch it is quite a lot of fun because of the obscene speeds you can carry around corners compared to other cars. It's much easier to drive than the Formula 1 cars, so I reckon it's a good stepping stone to something like the Ferrari 2002.

Soldato
Yep. Downloads links are in the link I posted. Official DLC is not required for this event.
If you need any help with installing mods, let us know :)

We should have a server running these by this evening and there is a Teamspeak server.
Add me on Steam if you like (Uncle Petey) and I might see you later.

I drive much better with the hood cam, but since you can't change the view in iRacing, I didn't want to get used to it so I've stuck with the in-car view.

I'll test the WTCC cars again tonight :)

On another note, I tried the RSR Formula 3 last night. It has the same problems (for me) as the GT3s because it has crazy amounts of downforce, but around Brands Hatch it is quite a lot of fun because of the obscene speeds you can carry around corners compared to other cars. It's much easier to drive than the Formula 1 cars, so I reckon it's a good stepping stone to something like the Ferrari 2002.

I guess it's just the nature of modern formula cars.
We were originally going to run a series in the RSR, but didn't get much interest, so ended up not doing it.

Previous to that, we were having a good series with the Renault Formula 3.5 until the 1.3-1.4 AC update (forget which) screwed up the handling of it...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Last edited:
Associate
I prefer the old gravel textures if I'm looking at those images correctly. To be honest the eye candy is more than enough for me. When I'm trying to look ahead at where the vanishing point is and where the rear bumper of the person in front is I don't really notice the scenery that much. I'm more focused on the cars poise, where I will brake and where I will turn in etc. I would prefer new cars to be developed and enhancements to the physics with the graphical updates a nicety only.

Soldato
Also prefer the old gravel textures. Have nothing against improving the eye candy though, there is never enough of it in any game, so look forward to the revisions.

Associate
AC and all Dream Packs are discounted on Steam :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/?snr=1_7_15__13
Hello,
Now that I have some semi decent hardware I've been looking into stepping up from my old favourite GTR2 :D and thinking about going for AC.
Could you please tell me if the current AC Steam sale price is pretty good or does it regularly go for less?
Also I guess the Dream Packs are a subjective thing, depending on whether you like the particular cars and track?

Cheers.

Soldato
It's rarely on for less (or much less) afaik.
Pretty good price with the DLC included and you'll want that stuff for online at least, as a lot of the servers tend to use the content.

Nords, Brands and Catalunya are probably worth it alone IMO, even if you're not going online.

Soldato
The first Dream Pack is a must for all racing fans, purely for the laserscanned Nordschlefe that took 10 000 hours to recreate. The rest is down to taste, although imho each dream pack contains very tasty content (McLaren P1, Mclaren F1, Lambo Countach, Huracan, Gallardo, laserscanned Brands Hatch etc)

Back
Top Bottom