Planet Coaster

Associate
I have played the Alpha and I have too admit the Graphics on high look Amazing , So much detail has been put in too the game , from the people screaming on the rides to putting there hands in the air when they go around on the Coasters hehe , its so cool to watch , I've had a good look at people creations and im so looking forward to the final game because the customisation in this game is brilliant , This game is in Alpha and it runs a million times and looks better than the current Tycoon release. If you want a Theme park game then this is going to be the best one ever released, it looks so good, the lighting effects are brill.

Soldato
Cheers for the input Jason,

I have managed to have a go at it and it is great fun, at the moment I am feeling that the amount of content available though is a little low and thus have decided not to buy it until either the next large phase of the Alpha or Beta depending on what updates are going to be forth coming over the next month(s) or so.

I ran it on my system at 4k on high and got a smooth 30fps with a single 980 (no sli support at this stage) but have to say the tessellation seems pretty awful at moment so hoping this increases if they provide Ultra settings/adjustments later even if have to drop to 1440p. All the curves are chamfered edges at moment including on the coaster which makes it a little unsightly.

The foliage I feel also looks a little rubbish tbh. Everyone been saying how good it looks but I really don't see anything specially and it even looks a little blurry.

Soldato
Picked up the alpha tonight, bit pricey but I caved in after seeing stuff like the above all over YouTube.

I put this together after half an hour on the game :

(Should have 1440p60 available)

Associate
looks good but im not paying more than the game to be there alpha/beta tester for them, Cheeky as hell if you ask me and im getting fed up with game companies taking our money on pre-orders then producing half finished cr@p.

If this get released into a decent game i will more than likely get it but seriously charging 150% to play and alpha :eek: LOL !!!!!

Caporegime
Decided to watch some 1st person view on Three Sixty Power...

giphy.gif

Soldato
Think I'll pre order this for the gf she loves the roller coaster tycoon games, well the first two atleast.

What are you all running on? She's got an 8350, 750ti and 8gb ram. The can I run it website says the recommend ram is 16gb! That can't be right surely? Is it that ram hungry?

Soldato
I'm running it on: i5 2500k, 970 4GB, 8Gb of RAM.

The game seems to run fine for me. Think Task Manager shows it's using around 3-4Gb of RAM when open if I remember right.

She shouldnt struggle too much then. Wonder why its saying 16gb is recommended. Even I'm looking forward to this one havent played one since the original back when i was younger.

Associate
OP
Yeah, theres no way it'd be a 16gb requirement. I cant believe any game in the next 12-24 months would dare release a game where 8gb isnt acceptable.
Even 'recommended' specs, i can imagine games like The Division (no idea) might say they'd recommend playing with 16gb, but i think 8gb minimum will be with us for 2-3yrs to come.

Has anyone heard anything from the devs lately? Seems like they've gone back into their shell since the first alpha release, i kinda hoped they'd continue with the diaries as i found those very interesting. iirc they were saying about 8wks for the 2nd phase alpha, which i think was primarily terraforming. Feels like that should be any day now, and yet its only been 3 weeks :D

Associate
OP
Alpha Update #2 is out.

Its got terraforming, a handful of coasters, some new flat rides, and a few other bits & pieces including some changes based on community feedback & natural progression of the feature etc.

Its looking very good, but as ive said with the first version, until theres a management aspect its still just a sandbox for making something pretty... which is fine (and it looks amazing), but not a game yet. I wouldnt say theres reason for concern, the way they've done everything so far suggests its a high quality title, its just hard to judge the 'game' aspect till theres an objective and challenge.

Back
Top Bottom