Planet Coaster

Soldato
Looking great.

Nice comment about feeling the weight of the rides. It was the motion and the sounds of the rides in the first tycoon game that made it standout above all gone before.

Can't see me not throwing money at the final product.

Underboss
Thanks Josh....I'm incredibly impressed how this is looking, going to be months and years of fun designing our parks. Visuals look beautiful, riding that coaster looked so good.

Aye just a shame early bird is so expensive.

Can't wait, hopefully get a solid release date soon.

Associate
That new vid just makes me want it even more, loved the original roller coaster tycoon games and this looks like the same but better.

Associate
Any one get the Alpha?

Enjoying it?
Yes. Yes.

I wouldn't even consider it if the thing you want most is any kind of management or campaign. The only things there right now are sandbox elements. The unfinished coaster creator (that you unlock with a cheat code) is really amazing tech with a few niggles, but realistically the main thing in this stage of the alpha that could keep you entertained for a long while is the scenery and buildings. I spent 4 hours today decorating one building.

Everything that is in the game currently works exactly how I would have hoped. And it's absolutely beautiful.

Associate
Looks like all my fav game types are coming back. My first game on the PC way back was the original theme park and this will fill that itch when I do finally get a games PC again. Elite, City Skylines. I just wish there was a new updated WWII FPS like the old BF 1942 that I used to love, god I miss the hours playing capture the flag.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just spent 6 hours placing two rides and 2 buildings, those took me about 2 hours, but then spent 4 hours placing trees, rocks, paths, lighting, decorating my buildings etc lol. This game is seriously going to be incredible, the control you have is fantastic, and visually its absolutely brilliant.

Associate
OP
One minor concern i'll have with the game for a couple of months is the fact that we only have part of the game working, as it stands theres no currency, income, or management to the game. What there is, is pretty much an unlimited funds sandbox with a fraction of the end content.

I kinda wonder whether once theres a consequence to spending money on bushes and intricate detail, rather than on more rides, shops or staff, will it turn back into a min-max kinda game where you do enough to satisfy the guests needs, or will we still be making venues which feel authentic and attractive?

I want to be building a Disneyworld/Alton Towers rather than a Six-flags/Blackpool pleasure beach, and with no management aspect to the game currently, its just a 'paint a park' simulator, we dont really have much to go on, and it kinda concerns me that building the stuff we're seeing already is going to be extremely expensive and out of the question on most parks until we've got a decent income, and it may end up being a case of building a basic park and gradually making it better, rather than even making a small beautiful park and growing.

I absolutely love what they've implemented so far, but its worth remembering theres a heck of a lot missing still, and we dont know how far along that is (they could have a build with early management stuff implemented, but months away from being in a public build, or they might only have the basic framework built but not implemented).

Soldato
One minor concern i'll have with the game for a couple of months is the fact that we only have part of the game working, as it stands theres no currency, income, or management to the game. What there is, is pretty much an unlimited funds sandbox with a fraction of the end content.

I kinda wonder whether once theres a consequence to spending money on bushes and intricate detail, rather than on more rides, shops or staff, will it turn back into a min-max kinda game where you do enough to satisfy the guests needs, or will we still be making venues which feel authentic and attractive?

I want to be building a Disneyworld/Alton Towers rather than a Six-flags/Blackpool pleasure beach, and with no management aspect to the game currently, its just a 'paint a park' simulator, we dont really have much to go on, and it kinda concerns me that building the stuff we're seeing already is going to be extremely expensive and out of the question on most parks until we've got a decent income, and it may end up being a case of building a basic park and gradually making it better, rather than even making a small beautiful park and growing.

I absolutely love what they've implemented so far, but its worth remembering theres a heck of a lot missing still, and we dont know how far along that is (they could have a build with early management stuff implemented, but months away from being in a public build, or they might only have the basic framework built but not implemented).

I'm confused what exactly is the issue? It's a staged beta, the full game isn't out until late this year.

Previous Roller Coaster Tycoon games have always worked on building up from a basic park. There's also always a sandbox mode if you just want to focus on building a park without the constraints of management.

Associate
OP
Yeah, im well aware of the state of the game, ive been the one posting updates and videos for the first few months till we got closer to the early bird access.

Im just saying theres a fairly significant element of the game not present, a fundamental element really, and while its been pretty amazing seeing what can be done, we dont know whether or not its going to be financially prudent once that element of the game is implemented.

What we're seeing, and some people are playing, isnt quite representative of exactly what they'd be doing when they have a balance sheet and repercussions for the lavish parks they're creating.

I just think its worth taking that into consideration when we see these heavily detailed parks, this is what we'll be able to do eventually, but with financial constraints its going to look a lot closer to what we've had in the past (minimal decor), until we're in a position to go big and throw large sums of money at creating a *theme* park, rather than just an *amusement* park. Thats going to be a good few months away it seems, and the difference between what we're looking at and calling a beautiful park and a bog standard one, could be a couple of million worth of income earned over many game years, rather than effort to make it pretty (which is the only difference now).

Maybe these lavish parks will self-fund themselves with higher entry fees, or maybe there'll be some impact but the scale we're seeing people go to, is so extreme it couldnt really be recouped by increased income, you'd need to charge £200/person when the game says people wont pay more than £50 if you want decent entry figures. Theres a lot we dont know.

Caporegime
It would be good if you worked as a company, rather than an individual park. So you could create another park with previous profits. Although that's possible by just destroying said previous park.

Caporegime
When is this going to be finished ( ie when is the actual release date so we can buy it at a reasonable price and not the lol £49.99 for an unfinished game price)?

Soldato
They are aiming for October to December so most likely Feb next year. What I want to know from people here who have played it, is the £50 worth it because I keep changing my mind. It looks awesome and I am sure I could spend hours upon hours building on it but it just seems a lot for early access. If it was £35 I would not be asking for instance.

This is the first game I have personally seen that reverses the pricing scheme for getting involved early.

Back
Top Bottom