Chinese Grand Prix 2016, Shanghai - Race 3/21

Soldato
Personally I think it's perhaps Rosberg's year. Whatever we think of him, it's still a tough, highly skilled and risky job that these guys do and Rosberg has had his share of bad luck and wants the championship really badly. Maybe this is his time. I still want Hamilton to win though.

Caporegime
I'd be happy if Rosberg wins, so long as he earns it. The issue with these first few races is I don't feel like he really has so far. Other people have been faster and other people have been better, but luck has robbed them of taking a fight to Rosberg.

In reality its Mercedes vs Ferrari up front. Rosberg won this weekend with both Ferrari and the other Mercedes having all sorts of issues. To say he "dominated" is going a bit far. He won a race in a field of 1.

He was lucky to not have been 3rd or worse at turn one after another poor Mercedes start.

Nothing about Rosbergs performances so far make me feel like he would still be winning in a 4 way straight fight. Hamilton and probably Vettel would have the better of him.

smr

smr

Soldato
Thing is, Rosberg's going to encounter bad luck at some point / DNFS / harsh penalties / gearbox and engine failures etc. it'll probably even out in, it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to that. Personally I have a feeling Rosberg will win it this year, he's certainly got the best opportunity but he seems to have changed his mindset and attitude to this season compared to the other two, seems more in control... though he did have that little slip on the last couple of laps near T6 wasn't it? Anyone know what that was about, looked like a lapse of concentration for a split second.

Caporegime
When you spend an hour and a half on your own driving around you eventually get bored.

Probably turning from Radio 4 to Radio 2 to catch the news, and missed his breaking point.

Associate
One thing I'll add, I do think Kvyat should have been penalised that that reckless overtake at the start.

It's the responsibility of the overtaking car to make sure there is space to avoid an incident, it's reckless at the start when everyone is bunched up and he should have waited for a better opportunity.

He was very lucky today.

Associate
Decent race that, Ferrari seriously need a clean weekend for once. I don't think we've fully seen what they're capable of.

Pass of the day goes to Vettel for me, quick thinking during pitlane entry.

Caporegime
One thing I'll add, I do think Kvyat should have been penalised that that reckless overtake at the start.

It's the responsibility of the overtaking car to make sure there is space to avoid an incident, it's reckless at the start when everyone is bunched up and he should have waited for a better opportunity.

He was very lucky today.

There was plenty of room. Absolutely nothing wrong with the move. He also didn't hit anyone so what would you penalise him for?

Soldato
I'd be happy if Rosberg wins, so long as he earns it. The issue with these first few races is I don't feel like he really has so far.

Nothing about Rosbergs performances so far make me feel like he would still be winning in a 4 way straight fight. Hamilton and probably Vettel would have the better of him.

Yet he's done everything he was expected to do - what more could he have done?

Other drivers might have been faster and presented more of a challenge, but they haven't, for a number of reasons.

There's nothing more that Rosberg could have done. I don't think he gives a **** if you or anyone else are happy about it. Nor should he.

Soldato
The issue with Rosberg will be how he handles his eventual failures/losses/Hamilton/whoever overhauling him. Will he have his meltdowns of old or will be just be able to brush it off? He's not renowned for being a good loser... :D A few years ago Hamilton would've been having his own meltdowns right now but he still seams pretty relaxed about the start to this season so fair play to him.

Back
Top Bottom