Chinese Grand Prix 2016, Shanghai - Race 3/21

Soldato
Will hopefully create some interesting racing to see if Hamilton can overhaul any gap Rosberg can pull out.

Thought Vettel did himself no favours with the way he had acted, didn't see anything wrong with Kvyat's move, especially at the stray of a race... Think he's just trying to save his blushes due to clipping his teammate but had ended up making himself look worse.

Caporegime
Watched the race last night
Shows that you do need a jiggled up order to make it good. Which happened yesterday

For me, rosberg hasnt been challenged this year. Any driver would be in his position.
He really has to win it this year now he has a massive had start. Lewis can do it, Barring any bad luck.

The results are given for the year, but was nice to watch a good race. But I am sticking to highlights on a Sunday night.

Caporegime
Yet he's done everything he was expected to do - what more could he have done?

Other drivers might have been faster and presented more of a challenge, but they haven't, for a number of reasons.

There's nothing more that Rosberg could have done. I don't think he gives a **** if you or anyone else are happy about it. Nor should he.

He obviously does give a **** because I've seen multiple attempts of his to explain his girly complaining that he did last year. Seem to remember a video on a plane he posted to social media to explain said complaining and try to look less like a little *****, did it a few other times IIRC. Went full PR spin mode when he hit Hamilton and tried to explain away cheating in Monaco.

Other than doing everything expected of him, he's failed to beat Hamilton to pole so far, he let Vettel pass him in Australia and couldn't get by him, he let Ricciardo pass him in China and got past him due to a puncture not ability or speed.

When he's had the chance to impress, qualifying or passing those who got ahead of him... he's failed. When gifted the lead he has yet to completely throw it away, what a ringing endorsement of his season so far.

Soldato
Had to watch a recording of this as i was in work :/

Good race overall though.

I don't think Rosberg could have an easier start to a season, but it can easily change over a couple of races.

Hamilton's recovery drive got stuffed when he got stuck behind Kimi on the mediums and had to pit earlier then planned. i think it would have been 5th or 4th had he passed him as quick as he did earlier in the race.

Soldato
Yeah, it pretty much settled down into "Merc wins from the front" with not much going on behind. Unless something happened in the last 10 laps after I stopped watching?

Last few laps didn't have much to write home about. It was all the previous ones that did. Were we watching the same race?

Like it, or not, Merc are still the dominant team this year. Didn't really expect anything different. The constructors championship is theirs to lose, and one of their drivers will most likely be WDC.
At least it's closed up for "best of the rest".

Edit: Hilarious Drunkenmaster. Completely rubbishing someone, for winning races... :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Red bull were very impressive, I'd love to see where they were if they had a Ferrari or Merc engine in it. I hope against hope they have some sort of engine break-through this season and get a miraculous jump in performance.

Soldato
He obviously does give a **** because I've seen multiple attempts of his to explain his girly complaining that he did last year. Seem to remember a video on a plane he posted to social media to explain said complaining and try to look less like a little *****, did it a few other times IIRC. Went full PR spin mode when he hit Hamilton and tried to explain away cheating in Monaco.

Other than doing everything expected of him, he's failed to beat Hamilton to pole so far, he let Vettel pass him in Australia and couldn't get by him, he let Ricciardo pass him in China and got past him due to a puncture not ability or speed.

When he's had the chance to impress, qualifying or passing those who got ahead of him... he's failed. When gifted the lead he has yet to completely throw it away, what a ringing endorsement of his season so far.

His perfect points start to the season is clearly causing you significant angst!

Caporegime
Hamilton just needs one clean race, maybe two. Pole and win, to get himself back in it.

The problem is that Rosberg will probably come 2nd. Meaning that a few straight wins might only net Hamilton ~20 points over Rosberg.

Its not just Hamiton either, I'm expecting Vettel to be up there too. So if Hamilton and Vettel trade 1sts and 2nds, its would still take a while for them to overhaul Rosberg if he keeps coming home 3rd.

Man of Honour
Completely true. Vettel should steal a few wins this year, he's bad a bit of bad luck himself. When I say back in it though, I mean that 25 point advantage. Hamilton really needs to stop Rosberg having a DNF over him. It's a huge thing to have in the pocket. Must take a bit of the pressure off knowing you can have a bad weekend with reliability or a failure, compose yourself and be ready for the race after, still ahead.

Soldato
I really want to see someone else in Romberg's seat so hopefully Hamilton will overhaul him this year to make that happen. Rosberg's contract ends the end of this year doesn't it? If Rosberg doesn't win the title again this year I'm pretty sure he'll implode anyway so they'll need a new driver anyway. :p

Soldato
Completely true. Vettel should steal a few wins this year, he's bad a bit of bad luck himself. When I say back in it though, I mean that 25 point advantage. Hamilton really needs to stop Rosberg having a DNF over him. It's a huge thing to have in the pocket. Must take a bit of the pressure off knowing you can have a bad weekend with reliability or a failure, compose yourself and be ready for the race after, still ahead.

Its the loss of an engine this early on too in comparison to his team mate that might hurt him later on. Still, there's a long way to go with probably plenty of DNF's all round.

Soldato
Red bull were very impressive, I'd love to see where they were if they had a Ferrari or Merc engine in it. I hope against hope they have some sort of engine break-through this season and get a miraculous jump in performance.

Also hope that reliability holds up well for them as well.

Caporegime
Don't really know why merc need anyone else in NRs seat
Look what happened with Alonso and Hamilton.
When you have such a car advantage you don't need the best two drivers
Obviously you don't know where you are going to be at season open.. But two best drivers in one team isn't always the best idea (as well as being expensive)
Best to have a decent new guy who doesn't mind coming second as he's grateful for the drive. Or a massa/button type who is a solid driver happy to be in a good team.
This is business not sport after all

oh yes, there was a bit of intentional baiting in there :p

Back
Top Bottom