Hillsborough Disaster

Soldato
Watched that Panorama special last night. It was difficult to sleep after seeing some of those images/footage. The cover up, especially from the guy in the control box (Dukinfield?) who had no idea what he was doing was pretty disgusting.

Don
I'm not sure how many people have been following this but since the release of the report last year, further investigations have been on going (the main one being from the IPCC) with new inquests to begin March/April next year.

The other week it was revealed that not only did South Yorkshire Police pay all money found on those that died into the forces finance department but they also tried to take £1,000's from the disaster fund to pay for new gym equipment and a holiday home. So there was some truth in the stories about money being stolen from the dead, it was just by the police and not the fans.

And today, as part of the IPCC's monthly updates, the IPCC have revealed that a further 74 officers statements (on top of the 164 we already knew about) may have been altered and worse still, they believe there's evidence to suggest that the police also altered fans statements too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-24051314

Don
3 and a half years after the Hillsborough Independent Panel released its findings the jury at the new inquests will delivery their verdict on whether the 96 that lost their lives were unlawfully killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36128693

Reading back through this thread, along with the truly moronic views of some people, the one thing that shocks me was how people believed that previous reports had blamed Liverpool fans for the disaster.

From the initial Taylor report in 1990 right through until the HIP in 2012, every single legal report on the disaster absolved Liverpool fans. For the police and that ****rag to spread such lies is incredibly angering but for that smear campaign to be so successful, to the point that so many people (wrongly) believed that previous reports blamed supporters, is incredibly saddening.

Don
Only around half died as a result of negligence, the reason for the death of over 40 others is far more serious. You have to remember that 41 people could have been saved had Duckenfield not began setting a scene to cover his arse. We know that as the disaster was unfolding, Duckenfield was spreading lies about hooliganism and wanting everybody to know that what was going on was supporters fault, before calling for medical assistance.

Caporegime
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sad this has taken so long, hopefully all involved can try and move on now, and those at fault can be prosecuted where possible.

Oh wow, I thought they would have at least made some sort of apology (not really followed the case in detail and I guess a lot has happened in nearly 3 decades). Scum paper is scum. At least the families can get some vindication and more closure.

Caporegime
Maybe some ignorant ***** will finally accept the truth

Doesn't bring back anyone but hopefully gives the families some form of peace and people are prosecuted

Back
Top Bottom