• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Man of Honour
Depends a bit on the size of your 4K display I guess - my 28" one the pixel density meant anything over 2x MSAA was pretty much wasted.

Soldato
Any word on how long we'll have to wait for the likes of Asus for the Matrix cards or EVGA and the Classified ?

I know last time it took Asus 4 months from the launch of the 980 Ti to launch the Matrix, Maybe different this time ?

Haven't heard anything yet. A bit weird tbh. 980 release was quick. I don't remember waiting this long.

Caporegime
Haven't heard anything yet. A bit weird tbh. 980 release was quick. I don't remember waiting this long.

They are all under NDA. EVGA posted on their forums that they have some cards ready for 27th May but they cant put them up or talk about them because of the NDA. At the moment they are only allowed to talk about the Founders edition.

All a bit weird that.

Soldato
They are all under NDA. EVGA posted on their forums that they have some cards ready for 27th May but they cant put them up or talk about them because of the NDA. At the moment they are only allowed to talk about the Founders edition.

All a bit weird that.

When does the NDA for that finish? On the 27th or on friday?

Caporegime
When does the NDA for that finish? On the 27th or on friday?

No idea, EVAG wont even say when the NDA will finish. It cant be any later than the 27th as the cards are on sale that day.

It makes me think even more that the founders edition should have already being on sale now so early adaptors would buy it before the partner ones came out.

Seems weird to stop your aprtners talking about their "better" and potenitally "cheaper" cards until the day of launch

Soldato
No idea, EVAG wont even say when the NDA will finish. It cant be any later than the 27th as the cards are on sale that day.

I read there will be pre orders on friday (tomorrow)

Might just be the FE or other cards as well, could be brands with the FE cooler, or non reference coolers.

But if the Nvidia FE is $699, and there will also be the FE / reference cooler from brands like EVGA or Zotac etc. and they are less. I am not sure why people would buy the Nvidia version?

Caporegime

It makes me think even more that the founders edition should have already being on sale now so early adaptors would buy it before the partner ones came out.

Seems weird to stop your aprtners talking about their "better" and potenitally "cheaper" cards until the day of launch

it sounds like that might be the case but TBH, I don't remember reading that the FE would be launched before the 27th.

Soldato
OP
GTX 1070:

Chip: GP104-200-A1 "Pascal" • Chip clock: 1506MHz, Boost: 1683MHz • Memory: 8GB GDDR5, 2000MHz, 256bit, 256GB/s • Shader Units/TMUs/ROPs: 1920/120/64 • computing power: 5783GFLOPS (Single), 181GFLOPS (Double) • Manufacturing process: 16nm • Power consumption: 150W (TDP), not specified (idle) • DirectX: 12.0 • OpenGL: 4.5 • OpenCL: 1.2 • Vulkan: 1.0 • Shader model: 5.0 • Interface: PCIe 3.0 x16 • Total height: dual-slot • Cooling: 1x radial-fan (65mm), reference design • Connectors: DVI, HDMI 2.0b, 3x DisplayPort 1.4 • external Power supply: 1x 8-Pin PCIe • Dimensions: 267x111x38mm • Special features: NVIDIA G-Sync, NVIDIA VR-Ready, 2-Way SLI, HDCP 2.2, Backplate

Milking Founders Edition £330 - £350+
Custom Cards £280 - £350+

Soldato
OP
Could the milking edition be a sign of low initial stock?

I don't think so, vendors have their own cards ready apparently, but are not allowed to speak about cards other than Milking Founders Edition until the NDA ends on 27th. Then we should see all the better cooled custom cards.

I imagine Nvidia just want to sell these at a premium while they can.

Soldato
Could the milking edition be a sign of low initial stock?

I think it's more to do with Nvidia wanting to charge more for the vapour chamber cooler on the FE card.
Any non-vapour chamber blower version will be cheaper but I doubt many of the better cooled AIB cards will be less than the FE card.

There is no competition from AMD for the 1080 yet so Nvidia can charge what they want and unsurprisingly that is exactly what they are doing.

Man of Honour
I hope around the £300 mark but i have a feeling more like £350

I might be tempted if I can get a GB OC edition of the 1070 at £350 max to get one as a temporary card until bigger stuff comes out. I'd feel a right mug buying a 1080 at the kind of prices they are likely to launch at.

Back
Top Bottom