*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
:mad::mad: htc are truly shocking! On Tuesday I made the first attempt to contact htc online to say I want to return my phone under DSR, all I get is automated replies asking me to rate their service! I then opened a second ticket yesterday and get the same thing.
Today I ring their UK CS number and get put through to god knows where in the world. I explain to the girl I want to return the phone under DSR and she tells me I have to return the phone to a service centre in Poland!

The girl insisted the phone has to be returned to a service centre to be checked prior to any refund.
I've now had a number of emails saying "We’re sorry your device isn’t working, we’ll work to repair it as quickly as possible for you"

Why do I get the feeling this is going to go horribly wrong and I'm going to get my phone back in a couple of weeks with a note saying they can't find a fault.

Associate
So glad I avoided htc.com, but not looking forward to dealing with them should my device develop a fault.

After my experience with htc this week it's put me off buying any phone direct, I'll be sticking to buying form etailers in the UK.

I had to make a second call to htc as it appeared that some of the documents they referred to were missing, luckily this time a got a chap who had a better customer service manor. I've now got a UPS drop off label and I've put a letter in the box underlining the request for a refund under DSR, fingers crossed.

Soldato
:mad::mad: htc are truly shocking! On Tuesday I made the first attempt to contact htc online to say I want to return my phone under DSR, all I get is automated replies asking me to rate their service! I then opened a second ticket yesterday and get the same thing.
Today I ring their UK CS number and get put through to god knows where in the world. I explain to the girl I want to return the phone under DSR and she tells me I have to return the phone to a service centre in Poland!

Your first issue is quoting DSR, it doesn't exist anymore!

Associate
Wellll there was me, thinking I'd keep my OneM8 and just go onto a cheaper sim-only tariff now I'm out of contract cause I didn't want to lose the IR blaster...But after the battery ran out on the M8 yesterday, can't get it to charge at all now. Had no issues or indications anything was wrong, it's just dead, even after trying multiple chargers and cables and holding the keys in various combinations...

So ordered a 10 as my upgrade :)

Should arrive Tuesday, so now I need a case too. What are people using to protect their 10?

Man of Honour
Wellll there was me, thinking I'd keep my OneM8 and just go onto a cheaper sim-only tariff now I'm out of contract cause I didn't want to lose the IR blaster...But after the battery ran out on the M8 yesterday, can't get it to charge at all now. Had no issues or indications anything was wrong, it's just dead, even after trying multiple chargers and cables and holding the keys in various combinations...

So ordered a 10 as my upgrade :)

Should arrive Tuesday, so now I need a case too. What are people using to protect their 10?

My M9 did that the other day it didn't even show a light to look like it was charging. I had to hold the power button and volume up for a minute (literally a whole minute as well) and it bounced back into life.

Associate
My M9 did that the other day it didn't even show a light to look like it was charging. I had to hold the power button and volume up for a minute (literally a whole minute as well) and it bounced back into life.

Thanks, but tried that. And power+vol down. And power+vol up+vol down. And just the volumes. And all combinations for over two minutes as well. Made no difference.

Phone had been plugged in overnight too, so not like it hadn't had the chance to take on some juice. I guess the charging port is stuffed.

Associate
Really wish I could like the 10 more than I do....no IR blaster, can't customise quick settings, off-centre back/menu buttons which I keep missing when I go to press them!....I dunno, just doesn't quite add up for me.

I guess it takes getting used to, but now that I've managed to get my M8 working again, tempted to go back to that!

Associate
Really wish I could like the 10 more than I do....no IR blaster, can't customise quick settings, off-centre back/menu buttons which I keep missing when I go to press them!....I dunno, just doesn't quite add up for me.

I guess it takes getting used to, but now that I've managed to get my M8 working again, tempted to go back to that!

Crikey, I'm glad I went for the S7 Edge then. I came from M8 but wanted an upgrade due to it getting a bit laggy these days (even after factory reset) and the screen being too small for me. The S7 Edge has been a BIG upgrade on the M8. I still keep the M8 around as a glorified iPod and spare :D

Man of Honour
Kinda weird that this thread is basically dead and the other threads are buzzing but then perhaps not if you tihnk about it.

I got my 10, set it up, started using it, found it to be completely amazing and everything I've expected and then felt no need to spend ages going on about it. Perhaps the S7 guys have something to prove? :p

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;29584842 said:
Kinda weird that this thread is basically dead and the other threads are buzzing but then perhaps not if you tihnk about it.

I got my 10, set it up, started using it, found it to be completely amazing and everything I've expected and then felt no need to spend ages going on about it. Perhaps the S7 guys have something to prove? :p

Or maybe you're just trying to find ways to poke fun at the "S7 guys" because while there is tumbleweed in the way of regular updates to various features and additions to the 10, there have been plenty for the S7 which are regularly being talked about in the S7 thread, for you know, S7 discussion of all things :p

Considering the Galaxy flagships are talked about as much as a new iPhone (in some cases even more), I don't really get the point you were making with this post at all other than perhaps some passive bitterness for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom