***Official Squad Thread***

Associate
Calling all squad players :) need help to fill the skunkdogz server for tomorrow evening been a bit dead on there of late (think ppl are getting bored ) please help keep our server populated :) cheers

Associate
Had a quick 20 mins blast last night, Game is smooth and pretty with everything on full wack!

Just need to configure sweetfx as it looks a bit dull without it!

Will be on tonight for a blast, that is for sure!

Soldato
OP
I've got a .ini adjustment I would like some people to test out tonight if possible. It adjusts the way that mouse input is handled in game. I'll post it tonight as I'm at work until 1900 or if Toejam reads this and he can remember then post away!

Edit - Sheldo, I have a decent ReShade config if you want it.

Soldato
Does reshade / sweetfx still only work in borderless or can i use it in fullscreen mode ?

I only ask as Gsync doesnt work properly in borderless mode.

Associate
It seems to work in full screen since the latest update, I don't think freesync was working with it still though. I could be wrong on that as I've ditched sweetfx now

Soldato
OP
The Squad Development Kit is now available for download! Contained in the SDK is the Squad custom version of the Unreal Engine 4, a modified Editor for making maps, art assets, and game blueprints, and nearly all of the development tools that we use to create Squad.

To download the Squad Development Kit, first you must go to https://www.unrealengine.com/dashboard and register for an Epic Games account. Once you have an account, you need to download the Epic Games Launcher

Once in the launcher, navigate to the "Modding" tab, select Squad, and install the Squad Development Kit

W2C3p1Tl.png.jpg

Once you download the SDK, you can now launch the editor and get started.

NOTE: The first time you start the editor, it will hang on load at 71%. At this part, it is generating the Derived Data Cache, and will take some time (5-10 minutes).

If you have any questions, feel free to join our modding discord: https://discord.gg/0jXt1Y2dpl79B4qV

Soldato
OP
We are now pushing a version 6.4 hotfix release, which contains:
  • Full enablement of RCON, see Rcon.cfg in the server configs for more info.
  • Increased construction points per second from 1 to 2.
  • Changes to the smoke effect, it covers less area now.
  • Optimization of and changes to the muzzle firing effects.
  • The game's admin check now requires a user to have Kick permission and not just be in the admin list. Players with only reserved slot access are no longer going to see the team kill and suicide messages.
  • Added new bullet hole decals and fixed missing decals on the sandbag physical material.
  • Fixed changemap not working if the admin didn't have the pause match access level.

Associate
Steam Summer Sale & SQUAD vehicles coming!!!

SQUAD - it's an alpha game mixed between Battlefield and ARMA...

This will be the 1st time they're doing a discount and it's going to be 25% in the steam summer sale and end of July vehicles are coming! Over 9 months people have been playing the alpha as infantry only, this is going to be a huge game changer.

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=102
promo_humvee.jpg

promo_btr2.jpg

promo_insurgenttechie.jpg
Resize images please

Associate
I've got a .ini adjustment I would like some people to test out tonight if possible. It adjusts the way that mouse input is handled in game. I'll post it tonight as I'm at work until 1900 or if Toejam reads this and he can remember then post away!

Edit - Sheldo, I have a decent ReShade config if you want it.

Melbo, if you don't mind firing me over your settings for SweetFx ill have a look :) Some of the presets are a bit bright!

Had some good rounds on SKUNKZDOGS last night, one of the rounds was a 4 ticket loss, so close!!!

Back
Top Bottom