Bigger than 34in Ultrawides ?

Associate
when will we see them , The likes of 38in, 40in 44in 47in,,..i do like the aspect of ultrawides but i cant be alone where i do find that the 34in ultrawides do look a little small on the vertical front . maybe in a few years i will be buying a 4K 47in 120hz ultrawide DP 1.4 along with my Titan Volta 64GB single graphics card ..only one can dream i guess .

Soldato
We won't be seeing anything until next year though... certainly nothing that actually betters the likes of the X34 in terms of refresh and offering G-Sync anyway.

Soldato
Any rough estimate of when we should be expecting a reveal?

Don't expect anything soon, but there are some clues...

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/35.htm#acer_xr382cqk

Later this year we'll know more I'm sure, but it will be middle of next year at the earliest before we see anything that actually rivals the X34 in terms of features come to market. I suspect we may see some bog standard panels before that, just as we did with the first ultrawides and the vanilla 60Hz LG models, with the G-Sync/Freesync variants following some time afterwards.

Soldato
We wont have a G-sync, but for a non G-sync larger than 34" Ultra-wide, I would expect something within the next 60 days in regards to availability to buy

At these resolutions G-Sync (or at least Freesync) is really quite essential. Any monitor that doesn't have it is going to be squarely aimed at uses other than gaming... which is fine of course, but for anyone who games, it would not be a wise purchase.

Mobster
Soldato
Does it have to get wider ? My neck gets sore enough moving it left and right with 21:9, plus its going to have to take something really special to take the crown from the utterly brilliant PG348Q.

Soldato
Does it have to get wider ? My neck gets sore enough moving it left and right with 21:9, plus its going to have to take something really special to take the crown from the utterly brilliant PG348Q.
Maybe they put some wheels or rollers under the stand for you so you be able to roll it left/right .....:D

Associate
At these resolutions G-Sync (or at least Freesync) is really quite essential. Any monitor that doesn't have it is going to be squarely aimed at uses other than gaming... which is fine of course, but for anyone who games, it would not be a wise purchase.

I would imagine it would have freesync (although the range may only be 50-75Hz), as well as game modes, and DAS (9.7ms ultra low input lag), POSSIBLY even 1ms response......?

I totally agree and irrespective of whether it's G-Sync or Freesync not going below 50hz makes it pretty much worthless as the most improvement I've noticed with my G-Sync screen is between 30-60Hz.

Back
Top Bottom