*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
People want the latest flag ship phone bringing the Note 7 out so close to S7 we were not going to get a massive jump anyway

Note 3 to Note 7 is a big jump for me .I use the s-pen a lot and there isn't other phone maker who comes close or even produces something similar to the s-pen

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
Another Note 3 user here and I've been waiting for a Note worthy replacement, it seems like this new Note 7 isn't going to cut it either, even though I would really like the water resistant feature.

Iris scanner unlocking sounds great but I bet my varifocal glasses would stop it from working completely.

Soldato
S3: 2600mah vs note 3 :3200mah

Comparing battery size of a small phone to a large phone is hardly proof, surely?

Also, look at the S6 and the Note 5. Almost identical.

You could argue the S5 to Note 4 was a decent upgrade, but it's all about how mobile tech increases are slowing down. To the original point of expectations, as I said, the S6 and Note 5 have almost all the same tech in them, it shouldn't be that big a surprise the S7 and Note 7 are very similar too. Expecting as big a leap as there was 3 years ago isn't right.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
A prototype of the Note 7:

The hardware is not final and the software indicates it's for Korea's SK Telecom. And it's an Exynos version, Exynos 8890 with 4GB of RAM to be precise. The camera is a Sony IMX260, though we'll likely be seeing Samsung's sensor as well, same as with the S7.

The video starts off with a tour of the hardware, notice the always on screen. S Pen focus is at 3 minutes, its top clicks like a pen (and like Note5's S Pen). Around the 5-minute mark, you can see an IR light come on - that's the Iris scanner in action. Later on, around 8 minutes in, you can see the Galaxy Note7 breeze through several benchmarks.

Associate
It really should have the Exynos 8895 & 6GB of memory along with 64GB of storage to make it worth while at £700 if that the price it's going to be on launch.

Having the same Exynos 8890 & 4GB of memory of that of the S7, well you might aswell just save your money & get a S7 instead if you don't intend using the S pen all that often.

Associate
AMA on Reddit from somebody who had hands on, did the same for S7 people called him a lier but he was right in regards to S7 specs.

Code name is GRACE

Body is similar to the S7 edge, very rounded edges, slight edge display

4GB of memory
64 GB standard

Blue with gold bezel will be displayed at launch

Black and silver will be standard

Gold is global only

Water and dust resistance

Can use s pen underwater

Slow motion features detect dynamic movement and slow only those, plus ability to add slow motion where you want with a slider bar

Retina scanner! infrared light shuts off after 9 seconds to protect eyes from harm

S-pen can translate words in other languages when you hover over them, only one word at a time

Make a GIF with the S-Pen by tracing a section of video, the GIF then saves to gallery

3500 mhp battery

Gorilla glass 4

12 megapixel camera

USB Type C

(Sorry for the info delay, AMA)

Others chiming in too

I guess the mods didn't like my thread I started but I played with the Note 7 at Best Buy and I know the details.

-5.7 inch quad HD display

-Dual edge design, there is no flat version. The edges aren't quite as pronounced as the S7 edge. Feels really good in hand.

-Same processor, ram, cameras as the S7, 3500 mAH battery

-It was still on Android 6.0.1

-USB C

-There will be a new gear VR with improvements

-Comes with 64gb on board storage, no other option

-First phone to sport gorilla glass 5 and it also has series 8 aluminum which is stronger

-Water resistant/dust proof, pen in or out

-Iris scanner worked well surprisingly

-Black, Silver or Blue for the colors, gold version not in the US, possible rose gold later this year

-Best Buy promo will be choose from either a 256gb SD card or a gear fit 2

-Pre orders start August 3rd and the phone releases August 19th

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4v27xq/detailed_information_on_samsung_note_7_ama/

Permabanned

So there is a new Gear VR on the way?

Has to be for USB-C.

I know, just seeing if he has more light to shed on it.

I don't have more light on it, my brother handles all marketing for them, said that on the 19th the deal will start.

I don't know what that means for gearVR as I don't have one (I didn't know it needed a connection?) but I wouldn't assume it means a new port for the device itself as it could just mean an adapter to circumvent any technical setbacks.

Back
Top Bottom