*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
I dont think they will be classified as refurbished and even if, most manufacturer refurbs only drop around £30-50rrp anyway - majority of them are unused units. Note 8 will be at least £799 probably if not more so £200 difference is quite a lot.

Note 5 still retails for £500 so don't expect a bargain.

Associate
Agreed that refurbished doesn't always mean cheap but this particular phone comes with some hefty negative rep. I'd be very surprised if it was priced this high.

Soldato
Clearly the negative rep isn't much of an issue considering the s8 is likely to be the most pre-ordered/sold android handset in history so far.

It cannot be sold for less than s7/s7edge as that will be killing their own profit amd these are still 499/549 rrp I believe.

Soldato
I'm resisting buying S8 as I'm just hoping Note 8 will introduce a proper dual camera. Note series has normally been a test bed for certain features for the S Line, so here's to hoping they implement it.

Soldato
I'm resisting buying S8 as I'm just hoping Note 8 will introduce a proper dual camera. Note series has normally been a test bed for certain features for the S Line, so here's to hoping they implement it.
I don't get all the fuss about dual lense? What's the point? The s8 camera is as good if not better than the iPhone dual lense one and its better than all cheaper dual lense ones.

If you're this much into photography just get a proper camera instead, don't try to play photographer with a smartphone. It's like rendering and editing videos on a phone - sure, you can do it, but why?

All this fuss for a less hassle panorama shot?

Soldato
I don't get all the fuss about dual lense? What's the point? The s8 camera is as good if not better than the iPhone dual lense one and its better than all cheaper dual lense ones.

If you're this much into photography just get a proper camera instead, don't try to play photographer with a smartphone. It's like rendering and editing videos on a phone - sure, you can do it, but why?

All this fuss for a less hassle panorama shot?

Well I already own 2 DSLRs and a film camera but as they say the best camera is the one that's on you at the time so it's nice to have a comprehensive package available right in your pocket. Whole point of this being the next flagship is that this hopefully won't be a cheaper dual lens solution. Iphone 7 Plus and LG G6 have shown that dual cameras can finally be done right when there isn't too much disparity between the sensors.

Apart from the rather well done depth of field effects right "out the box", it can deliver an optical zoom sort to speak so long as the secondary sensor is up to scratch (fingers crossed we soon see identical sensors) as well as the obvious choice of FOV that you'd want for the shot. Depending on the software and how well implemented it is, it could also be used to capture more detail and improve light sensitivity.

That and flagships are all about pushing the envelope and while it's a fantastic and still arguably best smartphone camera, S8 upgrade this year was merely in the software department.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Out of interest, what will this mean if you have a refurbed one and want to get on a plane? Will the new refurb's be distinguishable fro the originals?

Soldato
According to gsmarena, rumours are that samsung will sell refurbished note 7 units for approximately $440. If that's true i might just rebuy one!

http://www.gsmarena.com/refurbished_galaxy_note7_may_cost_50_less-news-24973.php

Looks like someone beat the announcement

A Galaxy Note7R (R for refurbished) listing appeared on a Chinese retailer's website ahead of the actual announcement.

http://www.gsmarena.com/refurbished_galaxy_note7_already_on_sale_in_china-news-24987.php

While officially, Samsung is saying that they have not yet decided on refurbished Galaxy Note7 launch schedule, the phone is already on sale in China. A Galaxy Note7R (R for refurbished) listing appeared on a Chinese retailer's website ahead of the actual announcement.

Back
Top Bottom