Question for men going thin on top

Associate
I can remember standing at the bottom of some steps and the person at the top taking some delight in informing me that I had a bald patch. That was in 1965 and after the initial shock (I was 20 at the time) it never really bothered me much.

I have kept my hair fairly short (#3) for the last 10 years or so.

Man of Honour
Shave and Ambre Solaire SPF50 spray - but if you miss a spot and and in proper hot sun you will know about it :S

I don't look good in a lot of summer type hats sadly aside from a bandana and that isn't really me.

Soldato
shave it and just put a bit of screen on if needed. Hats are just vain men in denial.

What? Whats vain about wearing a hat? Messing around smearing suntan lotion all over my head every time i go out is not something I want to do..Hat takes half a second.

Caporegime
How expensive is a hair transplant?

~£3k from India, and not just a crap one either - from a top, recommended doc.

Edit: This guy...

You tell me which one the girls would go for? Which one people would take more seriously? Hair is a big thing and the people that say 'just shave it off' are normally the ones who have great hair anyway!

Associate
Grow a beard and embrace it :D

770e7d1bbd0138d276ad372d317145f8.jpeg

Soldato

You tell me which one the girls would go for? Which one people would take more seriously? Hair is a big thing and the people that say 'just shave it off' are normally the ones who have great hair anyway!

Not really fair to compare thinning hair and a full head of hair instead of a shaved head and a full head of hair. Thinning hair looks bad compared to a shaved head.

Its the middle stage thats the really bad one, like all the before footage in those videos...They would have looked much better had they shaved their heads.

One thing i wonder about those implants, how do they care for them? Like while its growing out, are they allowed to cut it or shave it? or do they have to put up with a limbo hair state until its long? :o

Caporegime

Hair isn't a big thing. It used to be but so many famous people and celebs are bald that it's become accepted. Some women even love guys with shaved heads for example.

Also you do know that all these hair transplants aren't even permanent. They need to be re-done every so often.

Also that guy in the video you can tell he's had one done when you see his scalp it doesn't look natural. Also there is a reason why he has long hair at the top now because they have to space the hair out to make it look fuller. It doesn't look good short. They are trying to replace say around 40,000 hairs with 10,000. It never looks right too the hair looks terrible like they have taken from down below.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...do-than-the-thin-patchy-look-of-recent-weeks/

he's had one and look now, it's thinning again and he's resorted to sprays and all sorts. hair transplants aren't a permanent fix but they make you believe they are. it's the same as boob jobs, do you know that they aren't permanent either? they need to be re-done every 5 years too. it's best to leave things the way they are; natural.

Man up and shave your head is the only solution. Bruce willis hasn't went for one of these ridiculous ops.

Last edited:
Soldato
I probably will not lose my hair (Near 60 and still fairly thick, but definitely thinning)

But I decided a long time ago that, if I did, I would go down the "Bruce Wiilis" route.

No comb over for me, nor cosmetic surgery, either I have hair or I do not!

Once it stops looking like hair it will be a grade 1 only! :p

And the idea of travelling to third world countries to have cheap cosmetic surgery! :eek:

What could possibly go wrong!!! :rolleyes:

You deserve everything that you get, and everybody else shouldn't be expected to pick up the tab for it!

(And yes, I do know that many(Most!) current plastic surgery techniques did actually originate several thousand years ago in India. But even so!)

Soldato
I probably will not lose my hair (Near 60 and still fairly thick, but definitely thinning)

But I decided a long time ago that, if I did, I would go down the "Bruce Wiilis" route.

No comb over for me, nor cosmetic surgery, either I have hair or I do not!

Once it stops looking like hair it will be a grade 1 only! :p

And the idea of travelling to third world countries to have cheap cosmetic surgery! :eek:

What could possibly go wrong!!! :rolleyes:

You deserve everything that you get, and everybody else shouldn't be expected to pick up the tab for it!

(And yes, I do know that many(Most!) current plastic surgery techniques did actually originate several thousand years ago in India. But even so!)

If youre genuinely balding, grade 1 wont be enough :o No guard or bust.

Back
Top Bottom