• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just purchased 1080gtx, better than 980ti sli?

Associate
OP
Good job looking through absolutely 0 benchmarks :D

good job making a pointless post...do u feel better now? Maybe I wanted to ya know get some views of forumers with similar card setups rather than read through paid reviews? christ by that logic whats the point of discussion forums at all? we may aswell just read stuff on news sites. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well surely if you knew how fast the card was then you wouldn't have to ask here, hence Lokken86's question.

Even if you looked at even 1 benchmark comparing 980ti sli to a single 1080 you'd see that they were faster and we wouldn't have yet another pointless thread.

So i still wouldn't be allowed to ask other user's views? with different drivers etc to the benchmarks? different games etc? like i said whats point of a discussion forum? with your previous answers like "don't put your hand in your pc" maybe you shouldn't post at all? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I still have 980 Ti SLI and a 1080

For gaming 7 out of 10 times I would rather use the 980 Ti's.

Kingpins aren't exactly anything like representative of a normal 980ti are they? Until very recently you would have been paying very close to 1080 money for them and there isn't any equivalvalent market segment product in the 1080 lineup to the 980ti kingpin.

It looks like ocuk have sold the last of their stock now anyhow and even at the reduced price down from £600 for sli you would have been better off with a pair of cheaper 1070's.

Man of Honour
Kingpins aren't exactly anything like representative of a normal 980ti are they? Until very recently you would have been paying very close to 1080 money for them and there isn't any equivalvalent market segment product in the 1080 lineup to the 980ti kingpin.

It looks like ocuk have sold the last of their stock now anyhow and even at the reduced price down from £600 for sli you would have been better off with a pair of cheaper 1070's.

Kingpins for gaming are like any other 980 Ti.

Most people on these forums run their 980 Ti's overclocked where as I use their stock clocks for normal use. This means I am running them slower than most people.

The Kingpins I have are not the same as the ones OcUK were selling either. The ones OcUK were selling were 72% ASIC.

For gaming a Kingpin boosting to 1450 is the same as any other 980 Ti.

Biggest attraction of using Kingpins is their coolers not their overclocking ability.

8S6U0rr.jpg

Last edited:

Vore

V

Vore

Yeah deffo, in certain games like witcher 3 and GTA V where SLI works great its brill, but in pretty much most of the others the micro stuttering, lack of sli support, bad sli scaling is just really annoying! switching to a powerful single card has solved every single problem i had before when having 2 980 ti's in sli.

What games are you talking about with bad scaling? I dropped my 980ti SLI setup @1500 for a pascal Titan X because I game at 165hz @1440p and the single card mitigates the games where scaling is bad on the Ti's. A 1080 would be a downgrade in about 80% of the titles I play, sorry if it is not what you want to hear but it is what it is. On the other hand the Titan X is just brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
From very recent experience with both a 980 Ti and a 1080 both really aren't that far apart, Quite literally within spitting range especially if you compare the 1080 to a nicely overclocked 980 Ti.

980 Ti owners should wait for Volta IMO as the current performance leap isn't worth the fuss of swapping over.

Soldato
1080 It makes games smoother at 3440x1440, where they were not smooth enough on the 980ti... In new games pascal is more like 30%. All I can say is it definitely has better performance than 980ti, definitely does not feel "the same", the difference between for example 55fps avg, and 70fps avg.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice differences in some titles, while other instances show the cards to be quite a bit closer. More like 15% - 20%, with 30% being the best case scenario. :)

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1080-vs-Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti/3603vs3439

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1714?vs=1715

I looked through both of those and almost all the results are ~30%. Not 15-20%. Divison is the worst there approx 20-25%. I worked it out from another review a few months ago, it was about 25% overall. 25% is quite a lot if you consider that the titan X is only around that much better than a 1080.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Wont be faster in games that work with SLi, but overall, it will be better.

This,

I don't think it's an odd side grade as mentioned as he already said he wants to do away with the issues SLI causes for him with whatever games he plays, That may simply be the lack of support for specific games but it's a perfectly reasonable move for those reasons especially once he sells the 2 980ti's as that reduces the outlay. At the end of the day he'll have a card that can run any game at acceptable levels upto 1440p/1600p with no mgpu issues and once he's sold the Ti's depending on the card he bought it could have cost as little as £100 extra.

really strange side grade
also i dont understand what SLI problems people have it either works or it doesn't

That's probably it, In some of the games he plays it does not work and if he has specific games he uses regular it will be a big deal for him.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand why a 980Ti owner would jump to a 1080 tbh anyway. It's like being a 970 owner jumping to a 1060. Id rather wait for 1080Ti before making a decision to jump or wait for volta. For the proper high end not the make believe high end.

Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom