Should the death penalty be reinstated?

• Yes

Votes: 321 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 432 57.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
Mr Moses, you have been found 100% guilty. Not only have you confessed but witness and forensic evidence shows you to be 100% guilty. You will be taken straight from this courtroom and executed.
Now multiply that by 100's and 1000's and that saved money can be used for more worthwhile things.

and the award for the most stupid saying of the day "An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind" what a load of garbage.

Says my post is garbage but posts complete garbage in response. Well done have a gold star keyboard hero. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Mr Moses, you have been found 100% guilty. Not only have you confessed but witness and forensic evidence shows you to be 100% guilty. You will be taken straight from this courtroom and executed.
Now multiply that by 100's and 1000's and that saved money can be used for more worthwhile things.

The reality is in this day and age we couldn't just string them up the day after the hearing - the result will just be more money going to lawyers and less money going to prison warders.

Audi sales up, beer sales down - who's a winner?

Soldato

and the award for the most stupid saying of the day "An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind" what a load of garbage.

How often is a conviction 100% certain? And your earlier reply cites millions of savings on incarceration, but your point about keeping the public safe is not really anything that prison couldn't do.

My feeling is that your opinion is based on a black and white view of the type of people that commit crimes and an extremely simplistic view of how guilt is established. It does not, in my view, stem from a desire to better society or save taxpayers money

Soldato
OP
How often is a conviction 100% certain? And your earlier reply cites millions of savings on incarceration, but your point about keeping the public safe is not really anything that prison couldn't do.

My feeling is that your opinion is based on a black and white view of the type of people that commit crimes and an extremely simplistic view of how guilt is established. It does not, in my view, stem from a desire to better society or save taxpayers money

Agreed.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Basically some people are saying that if someone raped and murdered their children they would be happy to let them live the rest of their life in prison. Weak...

Soldato
Sure you would.

And what has Daily Mail got to do with it? Ignoring what happened, that some sick ***** dog shouldn't be put down.

Frankly what one person would do as an individual should not be what we as a society do. Individuals regularly react emotionally to situation that large groups would/should not support.

No one on the capital punishment side even appears to have acknowledged the issue of miscarriage of lethal justice.

Associate
Frankly what one person would do as an individual should not be what we as a society do. Individuals regularly react emotionally to situation that large groups would/should not support.

No one on the capital punishment side even appears to have acknowledged the issue of miscarriage of lethal justice.
Conversely, no one on 'the other side' even appears to have acknowledged the issue that some cases are 100% watertight (Lee Rigby). Why would any civilised nation impose the death penalty on hearsay or evidence that doesn't prove absolute, cast iron guilt? It's a bizarre argument that keeps cropping up in this thread. :confused:

Soldato
I'm impressed not only that this is still going, but that the 2 main arguments on both sides havent changed since page 1 lol.

Great work gd

The problem is, this isn't about argument as such, it is about how people feel.

It is one of those issues where very few people will change their position as a result of some sort of "Reasoned" debate.

What people feel is what people feel. And that is it.

Soldato
But at least the insults towards the puppy killing yes voters has stopped.

That is an improvement i guess.

Funny how these opinion things go, i wonder how many of the no voters are vehemently opposed to us having a military as well, because lets face it a military is state sanctioned killing with fancy brass bands and a massive budget....

And now i've throw that out there time to run and watch gd rip itself apart :D

Back
Top Bottom