** OUR FIRST 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
I have this bundle as well minus the cooler, (all bought separately as the bundle wasn't on offer at the time). All is at stock but it keeps rebooting all the time. I can either do nothing and it will reboot, look on t'interwebz and it will reboot or play a game and it will reboot. Can anyone help me out please? Temps are fine, its cooled with 2xSR1 360 with an XSPC Raystorm.

I've been having a similar problem ^^ see above (not sure if you have found a fix?) With me, system can be running all day fine, reboots when it's running now are rare that I notice but it definitely has happened a few times. Problem for me usually happens at cold boot or when shutting it down (Sometimes when shutdown after a few minutes the system will try to boot itself back up - normally the BIOS will stop at the safe mode message). When this happens my RAM clocks itself backdown to 2133Mhz even though all the BIOS settings are still set to 3000Mhz which is weird. So have to reset to defaults save, then reapply the OC.

Even just bought a new Belkin Surge Protector as I was paranoid it could be a power issue, but still happened last night. Now I'm pretty much lost. Only thing I haven't tried (though will today) is removing the connecting block that ASUS provides for the reset sw etc, and connecting the FP wires directly to the board. It's the only other thing I added at the time of first OC'ing the system. Pretty sure I connected everything the right way round (will check), but wondered if something as simple as that could be causing it to short somewhere?

meh

meh

Associate
I've been having a similar problem ^^ see above (not sure if you have found a fix?) With me, system can be running all day fine, reboots when it's running now are rare that I notice but it definitely has happened a few times. Problem for me usually happens at cold boot or when shutting it down (Sometimes when shutdown after a few minutes the system will try to boot itself back up - normally the BIOS will stop at the safe mode message). When this happens my RAM clocks itself backdown to 2133Mhz even though all the BIOS settings are still set to 3000Mhz which is weird. So have to reset to defaults save, then reapply the OC.

Even just bought a new Belkin Surge Protector as I was paranoid it could be a power issue, but still happened last night. Now I'm pretty much lost. Only thing I haven't tried (though will today) is removing the connecting block that ASUS provides for the reset sw etc, and connecting the FP wires directly to the board. It's the only other thing I added at the time of first OC'ing the system. Pretty sure I connected everything the right way round (will check), but wondered if something as simple as that could be causing it to short somewhere?

Still happening a lot. It's all at stock as well so it can't be an overclocking issue..in fact it's never been overclocked. My intention was to install all components, install win7x64, overclock, test for full stability then install win10. After what can only be described as my worst time ever setting up a board I gave in and phoned up OcUK. The tech support chap on the other end more or less stopped me before I had finished my sentence and said "are you using windows 7 by any chance" my reply was of course yes. He told me that the board has issues with win7, there is a workaround but I would probably have issues further on down the line. (top banana to him).

As for the PSU https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...lar-power-supply-cp-9020008-uk-ca-091-cs.html. If its a known problem, why do OcUK still sell them and its even more expensive than when I bought it (I think).

If I could RMA and get new/different goods on the same day and ones that work with no issues on win7x64 I would, but as I have had them a while now I cant see that happening.

Associate
received my bundle yesterday and looking forward to building it over the weekend.
looking through this thread, i'm not sure if I received my cooler screws to mount it on the board. will have to double check tonight. I did double check all bubblewrap had nothing left in it tho.

reason for my post.

I used the plastic cpu positioning thingy but it doesn't say take it off anywhere but the pics on here don't show it at all.
Someone put me right please

JB

Permabanned
Is a corsair h100i ok to use / give similar cooling with this motherboard / cpu combo as it makes more sense for me to buy seperate now seeing as no ssd included any longer

Soldato
Hi all,

When chosing "XMP" my numbers by the side are different to the picture, was different ram used?

i have the teamgroup ram. upon selecting the settings it won't boot and tells me it failed the overclock.

Last edited:
Associate
Good luck getting an answer from them mate.
Just make sure you select whichever ram speed you actually got.
I got 2600Mhz in my bundle so had to use those speeds.
JB

OcUK Staff
received my bundle yesterday and looking forward to building it over the weekend.
looking through this thread, i'm not sure if I received my cooler screws to mount it on the board. will have to double check tonight. I did double check all bubblewrap had nothing left in it tho.

reason for my post.

I used the plastic cpu positioning thingy but it doesn't say take it off anywhere but the pics on here don't show it at all.
Someone put me right please

JB

You dont need that CPU positioning item at all!!

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

When chosing "XMP" my numbers by the side are different to the picture, was different ram used?

i have the teamgroup ram. upon selecting the settings it won't boot and tells me it failed the overclock.

Which Team Group RAM is it exactly?? I suggest initially stating with the manual OC setting and just setting memory frequency and rebooting F10 plus enter!!

If this boots then on the mem page dial in the correct primary timings one at a time.

OcUK Staff

Sounds like mem training issues. Remove CPU OC and test with defaults and just XMP and IO, SA at Auto. Just to see if you have a bad memory stick.

If this is fine add OC again and test with IO at 1.2 and SA at 1.25v.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey,

I too have got this bundle last week. It has been running fine on default since yesterday.

However, when I try to overclock it using the settings on this thread, it blue screens almost straight away?

The only difference in my bundle is I went for the Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz kit.

The rest of my system consists of a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case, EVGA GTX 1080 FE and a EVGA G2 1300W PSU.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Soldato
Hey,

I too have got this bundle last week. It has been running fine on default since yesterday.

However, when I try to overclock it using the settings on this thread, it blue screens almost straight away?

The only difference in my bundle is I went for the Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz kit.

The rest of my system consists of a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case, EVGA GTX 1080 FE and a EVGA G2 1300W PSU.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

XMP doesn't work at all for me on my ram, could be that? try set it to auto for now.

Associate
Thanks for that Walkerie.

I have tried turning off XMP, but that makes no difference. I have also set the voltage to 1.37, but still no good.

I did have a problem with Realbench crashing, which I thought was my overclock, but it did it at standard too. So I have been using Prime95, which runs fine until I trying overclocking.

OcUK Staff
OK I just tried this kit with Hero on Bios 1902. Reset Bios first. Make sure the first stick is in the slot closest the 24 pin and the second stick is in the second slot from the CPU.

Reset bios and set the following under Extreme Tweaker
XMP
Sync all cores to 45 ratio.
DDR Frequency to 3200mhz
Max Cache CPU ratio 41
CPU Core Cache Voltage to Manual and 1.35-1.40v
Memory Volts to 1.35

Done. Set nothing else.

Working perfectly for me here.

Associate
Thanks for that 8 Pack.

I reset everything just like you said.

I set the core voltage to 1.32, but am still seeing up to 1.397 when stress testing it.

Also, I have just had to stop it because one of the cores reached 96 degrees C.

Anything else I can do?

Associate
I tried LLC level 5 and it crashed.

While I appreciate that synthetic benchmark are not indicative of real world usage, they can still help eliminate any uncertainty.

Last thing I want is to think everything is fine, and then start having issues further down the line.

So, since this bundle is supposed to do 4.5GHz without issue, what if it works fine now, but I try something new in a years time (game, render, etc...) and it starts crashing?

Sorry to be a pain, but if there is something I can do now to make it run Prime95 properly at 4.5GHz, I would rather do it now to be sure.

Thanks.

Associate
OK, sorry for being a noob, but I have just noticed that you run Prime95 in blended mode and I have been running it in Large FFT's.

I will try it again in Blend mode and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom