** OUR FIRST 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
Hi I bought this bundle of you guys the other day, ive set it all up and its running great although I haven't tried the OC yet. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to building pc's and was wondering which is the fastest socket for the ssd which currently has my operating system on. Also ive connected the RAD to the cpu fan pin is that correct or should it connect to the water pump pin ?? temps are idling around 15c-20c under load upwards to 59c thanks

Associate
Hi I bought this bundle of you guys the other day, ive set it all up and its running great although I haven't tried the OC yet. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to building pc's and was wondering which is the fastest socket for the ssd which currently has my operating system on. Also ive connected the RAD to the cpu fan pin is that correct or should it connect to the water pump pin ?? temps are idling around 15c-20c under load upwards to 59c thanks

Those temps seem very good to me! Worried about mine now! Good question on the pins afraid I'm no expert, I connected the pump to the pump header the two rad fans to the cpu_fan and cpu_opt, with intake and exhaust on the chassis fan headers. I have an inbuilt fan hub on the enthoo luxe, but mine doesn't seem to work at all, so connected straight to the board.

My temps are around 25c on idle. Gaming on BF4 seem to be around 55-59, and yet to run in on load. Do have to have the fans set to full though to keep it down (cpu heat I'm guessing) as it did run up to 71c on one occasion. Think I need to redo the thermal paste too, did what I thought was pea sized at the time, but guessing grain of rice might have been better, big peas around here!

oNzdlOX.jpg

Also noticed that Asus fan software doesn't seem to run the pump at full speed all the time and has a curve from 60-100% - not sure what is best here?

I only have the 200mm intake and a 140mm exhaust atm so it's not ideal - only way I could mount another intake fan is either in the basement (and lose the psu cover) or in the ceiling at the front which I'm guessing would be of minimal benefit having the rad fans set to exhaust behind it.

Only other problem I've had so far is that the system doesn't always seem to shutdown properly. Windows will shutdown and the monitors will cut connection as normal, but the fans still spin and the lighting stays on. Anyone else had a similar problem with this board? May try flashing the bios if it does it again.

Last edited:
Associate
I used the card option to spread my thermal paste, connected the rad to the cpu fan and the two fans to the board. seems to be running fine. also used arctic silver paste if that help plus my case is a thermaltake lvl 10.

Associate
i tried to follow the guide to overclocking but the original guide you had different memory i bought the pack with the corsair veangence 3200, what setting should i use for the overclock please.

Associate
Had a capture card to add over the weekend, so redid the thermal paste, thought I had put a little too much on the last time, wow temps dropped by around 5-8c :) Went from a decent pea size down to grain of rice.

Idles of around 20c or below, general use at 25-30c Battlefield peaked at around 52c, load was at around 62c on a 30 min stress test, time to OC I think! :D

9ws0oFu.jpg

Associate
Used this setup for my maximus formula board and it works a treat ;) 6700k(delidded) running at 4.7ghz temps not above 40 with 3400mhz ram on xmp.
However, i would like to see the voltages go down at idle, but i just cant seem to get adaptive or offset voltage to work without bsod :( any advice?

I hear many folk say that just leaving it on manual is easier, but maybe i'm just too used to seeing the voltage go down with my previous chip.

Cheers

Associate
As I understand it - although it does not down volt / clock at idle it does down amp (wrong terminology I expect).

Tests I have seen show that from the wall the wattage used is as expected when idle, and only increases when the cpu is stressed as expected. Basically CPUZ etc isn't telling the whole story, I am unaware of a tool that displays the current used, other than external probes. - There maybe a app or tool I am unaware of.

TLDR: Nothing to worry about Skylake/Motherboard combo overclocking behaves a little differently than before.

Associate
Memory unstable?

Overclocked this build for the first time yesterday, (sorry n00b here so go steady xD).

Ran through all the settings as the first post, worked like a treat, checked CPU-Z everything as it should be, RAM Frequency at 1600Mhz (Using the Vengeance 3200 16GB Kit).

This morning on first boot, the BIOS reported Safe Mode, need to Run Setup F1... hit F1 blank screen.

Reset the PC checked the BIOS all settings were as I had changed them to still so booted into the OS. CPU-Z now reported that the RAM Frequency had dropped to 1066.7Mhz so checked again in the BIOS all still the same (although the frequency there reports 2133Mhz).

Started writing a post about it here then the PC just rebooted itself :( Presumed unstable so reset all settings back to stock and just enabled XMP Profile 1. CPU-Z still reports the Frequency as 1066Mhz, so not sure what to do next? Also just noticed that the Core Speed and multiplier on CPU-Z keeps ramping down a lot too on idle, not sure if that is normal?

cnEOtjA.jpg o3TMay9.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Strange..

Maybe completely unrelated but AI Suite won't open either, have just tried a uninstall > reinstall but just the same. After the reboot have noticed that the Core Speed and Multiplier seem stable now at 4200 and x42, and not ramping down like on the last boot.

It's like Gremlins have attacked my PC overnight :(

O5lYUJZ.jpg

Associate
Overclocked this build for the first time yesterday, (sorry n00b here so go steady xD).

Ran through all the settings as the first post, worked like a treat, checked CPU-Z everything as it should be, RAM Frequency at 1600Mhz (Using the Vengeance 3200 16GB Kit).

This morning on first boot, the BIOS reported Safe Mode, need to Run Setup F1... hit F1 blank screen.

Reset the PC checked the BIOS all settings were as I had changed them to still so booted into the OS. CPU-Z now reported that the RAM Frequency had dropped to 1066.7Mhz so checked again in the BIOS all still the same (although the frequency there reports 2133Mhz).

Started writing a post about it here then the PC just rebooted itself :( Presumed unstable so reset all settings back to stock and just enabled XMP Profile 1. CPU-Z still reports the Frequency as 1066Mhz, so not sure what to do next? Also just noticed that the Core Speed and multiplier on CPU-Z keeps ramping down a lot too on idle, not sure if that is normal?

cnEOtjA.jpg o3TMay9.jpg

Really hoping someone maybe able to help with this. I am unable to run the kit stable at anything other than stock. I have the later kit with the 3200 RAM but cannot get either the overclock or stock (with XMP) to remain stable (random restarts, boots bios into safe mode and dials the RAM back down to 2133).

enabling XMP automatically sets the RAM at 3200 (as listed in the guide) which seems to be the problem, is there anyway I can attempt the overclock but keep the ram frequencies lower? Really could do with a new guide for the later kit that was sold please?

Have the gear but seems such a shame to be running it at stock :(

Associate
Just set XMP then further down the same settings set 3000mhz and memory volts to 1.35v.

Set VCCIO to 1.2v, VCCSA to 1.25 and CPU standby to 1v. Reboot and test

Awesome thanks! Have done exactly that, quick one but VCCSA - would be CPU System Agent Volume on this BIOS, and should that still be set to 1.25?

Associate
Overclocking the bundle is easy. Go for it!! Just follow my steps!!

Just push air with the fans included through the rad mounted in the top. Done!!

Hi 8 Pack, I assume from what I can see on the link provided, this deal is not longer offering the NVMe Solid State Drive isn't? it links to another bundle with less goodies on it.

cheers,

meh

meh

Associate
I have this bundle as well minus the cooler, (all bought separately as the bundle wasn't on offer at the time). All is at stock but it keeps rebooting all the time. I can either do nothing and it will reboot, look on t'interwebz and it will reboot or play a game and it will reboot. Can anyone help me out please? Temps are fine, its cooled with 2xSR1 360 with an XSPC Raystorm.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have this bundle as well minus the cooler, (all bought separately as the bundle wasn't on offer at the time). All is at stock but it keeps rebooting all the time. I can either do nothing and it will reboot, look on t'interwebz and it will reboot or play a game and it will reboot. Can anyone help me out please? Temps are fine, its cooled with 2xSR1 360 with an XSPC Raystorm.

1200i has bad rep for causing what you describe.

Back
Top Bottom