Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 5th December 2016]

Soldato
In what way? The goal is a set size, if you don't get a shot on target you can't score. Luck has no part in it.

If you miss the goal completely fair enough but hitting the post you can call it unlucky.

I agree though that we haven't been clinical enough, especially Ibrahimovic.

Soldato
In what way? The goal is a set size, if you don't get a shot on target you can't score. Luck has no part in it.

in the case of a few mm and it would have gone in

a few feet is one thing, a few mm and its down to luck

Pogba was absolutely abysmal today. Can look a world beater one day and a pub player the next.

Thats Goodison Park's effect on Utd for the majority of the last 5 years , certainly not just Pogba

Soldato
Frank I don't think you really know what luck is...

luck
lʌk/
noun
noun: luck

success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

No footballer knows exactly to the mm where the shot is going to end up , so yes what I said was the very definition of luck

Associate
Best part of the game was the random hot blonde in a Chelsea jacket.

m0_Jqpf_Dl.jpg

Soldato
Yes a shot is nothing to do with one's own actions :rolleyes: Luck is an excuse thrown out by poor managers. Moyes did it constantly too.

and down to that precision its down to luck and nothing else

Not in this game admittedly, but given the amount of very good chances Mourinho's sides have produced in the EPL over the last 4-5 games , yeah some of it is down to luck

Admittedly Ibra and a few others should be putting more of them away, but some of the gk have had outstanding games vs Utd (where vs everyone else they are their usual bang average selves.....whats that if its not luck)

Caporegime
Asked about the decision to award Everton a late penalty: "No thoughts. No comment.

"We were best team on the pitch by far and it is a result that doesn't reflect the difference of the performances of both teams."

Asked about Marcos Rojo's first half challenge: "No comment."

Is there anything you can do to change your luck? "No.

"We have to work the way we are doing. There have been amazing performances from Jones and Rojo, players who have never played for the club for the past two years. To perform in five consecutive matches against difficult opposition, I am so happy with the individual performances."

He sounds like he's lost it. :(

Caporegime
"Best team by far" is a bit strong, United had good chances but then so did Everton and De Gea came to the rescue several times as usual. United were gifted their only goal of the game by the Everton keeper.

It's easy to blame Fellaini (yes he's out of his depth) but the reason United conceded the penalty is probably as much down to Mourinho's tactics, the 20mins of anti-football and time wasting at the end where they just invited pressure. In fact the Fellaini substitution probably summed United up because they brought him on literally 60secs after someone else, just to disrupt and waste even more time than if they had made a double substitution.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mourinho has lost his magic he really has become an old one now not a special one as he claimed

he never was the special one. he's a salesman who has reached success through big budget and big name players. as a manager and tactical mind, he's way off the pace and always has been

tell me anything, anything you've seen from him that leads you to believe he's the man for the task? all he's done is **** money up the wall

he can't get the best out people, he just gives players who already have the ability big contracts. pogba, martial, rashford all going backwards whereas a decent manager would be progressing them

i think he's lost the plot

Back
Top Bottom