*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
System Shock noob here, so bear with me... ;)

Is SS2 worth playing even if you never played SS1? Or do you need to be familiar with the storyline in SS1?

absolutely worth it. The stories are related, but it's all explained in cutscenes in SS2.

As another person mentioned it's up there with the best story based games of all time. genuinely scary too imo

Associate
Inflated MSRPs are go.

$132 for 8 indie/older games? Yeah, pull the other one ;) That's £17 quid each or thereabouts, and many of those games go for £5 individually on Steam.

Do they think we're idiots?

Those prices are based on what they cost to buy on steam (in America obviously), and one of the indie games isn't even sold anywhere so it isn't counted.

You also would have gotten all that for about £11 (depending on how any specific bank deals with currency conversion charges which is normally way less then what you'd pay on steam for the early unlock game (I say normally because I think one of the previous months early unlocks was around the same price).

I reactivated my humble monthly subscription because getting xcom 2 for around £10 (my bank only charges a small percentage of the cost in currency conversion charges) is a steal even though it's just for the base game.

Associate
Any good prices for Mass Effect 3?
ended up never playing it as it was an exclusive on Origin, wondering if they've released it more generally yet. If not, is it worth creating an Origin account for? all i remember about it was the furore over the ending.
Loved ME1, found ME2.. OK, but not as good as 1. Still curious to finish the story though.

Soldato
Is the Assassin's Creed bundle actually worth it? I have AC1, Brotherhood and Revelations on PS3. AC2 on 360 and they recently gave away AC3 for free. I'm playing through AC1 again and almost finished but AC2 is on 360 and that's packed away :(.

The last time Unity was on sale, it was still £10 (Steam), so it would be like paying an extra £2.33 for the convenience of having the other games on a single platform.

Unless there is a cheaper way to go about getting the games which doesn't involve CD key sites? I'd also want to buy the games that aren't in these bundles.

Associate
Is the Assassin's Creed bundle actually worth it? I have AC1, Brotherhood and Revelations on PS3. AC2 on 360 and they recently gave away AC3 for free. I'm playing through AC1 again and almost finished but AC2 is on 360 and that's packed away :(.

The last time Unity was on sale, it was still £10 (Steam), so it would be like paying an extra £2.33 for the convenience of having the other games on a single platform.

Unless there is a cheaper way to go about getting the games which doesn't involve CD key sites? I'd also want to buy the games that aren't in these bundles.

The AC bundle's a bit of a weird one - it excludes the best games from the series (Black Flag, Revelations, Syndicate), and for fans of the series who own the main titles, it doesn't offer anything they won't already have (such as the DLC, or AC Rogue). It was also the first bundle in memory not to add more content after the first week.

The Chronicles series are the 2D side scrollers which I didn't have, so i picked up that tier, and as such, was worth it for me. Unity's had the majority of the bugs ironed out, but is still a weak title. They're also U-Play keys, not Steam, which most people seems to hate (i've never had a problem with U-Play).

It's doubtful you'll find this many together for a cheaper price - the Animus pack (everything & all DLC) is currently £85, and that's 68% off from the UbiStore. Getting half of it for £12 seems like a steal

Soldato
It's doubtful you'll find this many together for a cheaper price - the Animus pack (everything & all DLC) is currently £85, and that's 68% off from the UbiStore. Getting half of it for £12 seems like a steal

Yeah, I've no issues with uPlay :).

Thanks, I did think the same about the amount of games you receive. But how much DLC am I missing out on? It's something I don't think HumbleBundle really tell that well.

Back
Top Bottom