*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
just tried out my new gun stock for the quest 2, it's a sanlaki mini gunstock, £31.50 (ebay), and it's good. i've owned the bigger gunstocks that cost a lot more and this mini one is 90% as good as those. i've also tried a couple of cheapo's from aliexpress with mixed results.

Associate
just tried out my new gun stock for the quest 2, it's a sanlaki mini gunstock, £31.50 (ebay), and it's good. i've owned the bigger gunstocks that cost a lot more and this mini one is 90% as good as those. i've also tried a couple of cheapo's from aliexpress with mixed results.

Might be similar to the one I use. I do like it and it's miles better than playing without any gunstock, however I do wish I'd gone for one with a butt/shoulder rest for added stability. I'm still pretty useless at longer range shots.

Associate
Might be similar to the one I use. I do like it and it's miles better than playing without any gunstock, however I do wish I'd gone for one with a butt/shoulder rest for added stability. I'm still pretty useless at longer range shots.
Yeh i know exactly what u mean about missing the shoulder rest, it's the only thing i miss from the full sized gunstock i used to own. Sniper shots would be easier with one.

Soldato
Decided to buy Walkabout Mini Golf today. I'll start by saying I'm not really a golf fan, mini or otherwise (that's my Dad's forte). I wasn't overly impressed when playing on the practice green (somewhere between irritated and bored). I then had a go at one of the courses and was slightly more entertained, but still irritated (mostly 'cos I suck!). They're currently advertising Jim Henson's Labyrinth, which is a film (and soundtrack) I've always had a bit of a soft spot for, so I've just bought that for no other reason than it's Labyrinth. Haven't tried it yet, but will probably give it a bash tomorrow.

Soldato
Decided to buy Walkabout Mini Golf today. I'll start by saying I'm not really a golf fan, mini or otherwise (that's my Dad's forte). I wasn't overly impressed when playing on the practice green (somewhere between irritated and bored). I then had a go at one of the courses and was slightly more entertained, but still irritated (mostly 'cos I suck!). They're currently advertising Jim Henson's Labyrinth, which is a film (and soundtrack) I've always had a bit of a soft spot for, so I've just bought that for no other reason than it's Labyrinth. Haven't tried it yet, but will probably give it a bash tomorrow.
It's a game vastly improved by playing with others.

Monday evening 8pm, join the hangout group for a round.

Underboss
I hate golf, but I love playing this game in multiplayer

Associate
for me too but hopefully not for long, i've just had a bit of a spending spree and bought 3 different full sized gunstocks :D
i'll keep the best 1 and sell the others.

Will be interesting to know how you get on as I struggle a little with zoom scopes. I currently bring the scope right up to my eye so that I can jam my elbows into my chest and press my hand against my face/headset for some stability but it's still shaky.

Associate
Will be interesting to know how you get on as I struggle a little with zoom scopes. I currently bring the scope right up to my eye so that I can jam my elbows into my chest and press my hand against my face/headset for some stability but it's still shaky.
When i've tried them (Sanlaki Sleek Magnetic, 3Dadaptive Modus R, BowkVR Marksman) i'll post here what i think. From what i've seen in vids etc, scoping is considerably easier. In some of the vids they were sniping right across maps really steadily.

Associate
Can Steam VR games be transfered to the Occulus account if both platforms offer the same game? Or would you have to buy twice?

Soldato
Switched from Facebook account to Meta account. Took about 5 minutes and no trouble at all.

Didn't really care one way or the other, just was curious to see how it would work :)

Soldato
So I’ve been tinkering with my home network to facilitate Wifi for VR. My router is in the front room but on the otherwise to my PC, and I can’t realistically run a cat6 to it. Besides my wife typically works in the front room on an evening and it wouldn’t be ideal to have me wildly flailing my arms around her. I do have a very generously sized kitchen however.

What I’ve managed to concoct is a Powerline solution. Buying cheap on the second hand market, I’ve ended up with four 1gbs Powerline units; one next to the PC, one next to the router, one wifi extender in the kitchen and a fourth spare.

This works beautifully. Speed is really good and consistent and it’s brilliant to be able to wildly flail my arms in the kitchen without having to take my PC there and suspend cables from the ceiling (I did this!). What I have found however is that my main wifi extender is getting too hot and eventually throttling. The second wifi extender works fine, but whilst dual band only runs at 530mb/sec. This still works absolutely fine, but obviously I would prefer full speed.

More of a brain dump here as to what I’ve been working on. I think Powerline adapters get a bad name, and I appreciate their limitations and nuances - but if you’re really struggling to get something set up at home to enable wireless VR, don’t rule them out!

Soldato
I have found however is that my main wifi extender is getting too hot and eventually throttling. The second wifi extender works fine, but whilst dual band only runs at 530mb/sec. This still works absolutely fine, but obviously I would prefer full speed.
Watercooled wifi extenders...... hmmmmm?

Back
Top Bottom