Poll: Japanese Grand Prix 2022, Suzuka Circuit - Race 18

Rate the Japan Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
2 years.. 2 awkward WDC moments! :D

Yet again glad I watched highlights. Getting up early with a 2 hour gap would have been ****

Great race by Ocon. I usually give him a bad rep but he did really well today.

I'm still confused about how everyone got so muddled with the points! :D
Verstappen really deserves this year's WDC

Edit.
Full points. That's great for alpine!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think my fav thing this season has been that it's much better watching highlights than live.

Lots of boring GPs, highlights makes them much more interesting. Big gaps like this? I don't want to be sat in front of the TV for 4 hours with an hour of racing.

Soldato
I'd argue it was better when the host broadcasters did it and supplied the feed to F1, there were some dire ones but at least there were also some good ones!
The current direction is poor
Hell no. The TV direction now is poor, but it was way worse back when the host country broadcaster provided the TV pictures. You just end up with the home hero being shown every 2 minutes, even when they're lingering around at the back of the field.

"Nothing much happening at the front? Shall we find a midfield battle? Nah - here's 2 minutes of Aguri Suzuki being distinctly average in 13th place, hoping for some attrition to get him a point."

Last edited:
Soldato
100% max deserves the title this year - no question.

Utterly stupid way to win it again with the points allocation situation however in todays race.

Simple - Run 0-25% race distance - 25% of the points, 25%-50% - 50%, 50-75% - 75%, 75% - 100% - full points. Simple - why does it have to be a complicated thing.

Ahead of tomorrows budget cap situation - Saw this on twitter and this will basically be Red Bull's Get out clause/statement.

I'd expect a statement from FIA along the lines of

"It was apparent from the analysis of Red Bulls budget cap submission that there could be different interpretations of the regulations, These provisions would benefit from clarification in the future"

I.e RB are miles over the cap but won't suffer any penalties as the rules are a little unclear.....

Another masterstroke from FIA

Soldato
I think my fav thing this season has been that it's much better watching highlights than live.

Lots of boring GPs, highlights makes them much more interesting. Big gaps like this? I don't want to be sat in front of the TV for 4 hours with an hour of racing.
I haven't watched a single race live this year... I've now taken to just the YouTube highlights and reading the commentary on here.

Don't know if that says something about my attention span or my perception of whether it's worth watching the races this year :D

Caporegime
I haven't watched a single race live this year... I've now taken to just the YouTube highlights and reading the commentary on here.

Don't know if that says something about my attention span or my perception of whether it's worth watching the races this year :D

I watch the c4 highlights. Best thing was sky taking it.off free to air. Highlights are nice to watch. Just an hour is plenty. Covers all the action in a race.

F1 is more entertaining than a sport for me. I'm much less interested in it than I used to be.

Soldato
There needs to be some kind of "repercussion" other wise what is the point

Repercussions for what? All we've had is accusations so far.

Because F1, and F1 related media/commentator described the rules as one thing when the rules actually say another.

F1 seemed to have it right as when the points predictions came up on screen they were for full points. Crofty then started saying that's wrong, but who ever listens to that numpty anyway. Shame Martin is around more, he's extremely critical of a lot of the nonsense in F1 and only become more cynical in his old age. Crofty on the other hand won't dare say anything bad about the organisation.

They prioritise the leaders when nothing is happening even when there is action back in the pack.

Seems ridiculous

they do this in qualy too. Bloody annoying seeing them showing the provisional pole sitter just cruising around on a cool down lap when cars are still on their flying laps for the final positions.

Caporegime
F1 seemed to have it right as when the points predictions came up on screen they were for full points.

What I mean, is if you look at the things F1 put out about the new rules, you'd have no idea that the rules were written with a bonkers loophole for full points. It's only if you really closely read the rules and considered what they meant that you'd know it.

Soldato
Max has just turned 25. You guys know your stuff, so how many F1 champs do you see him ending his career on? More than MS/LH?

That is impossible to say. As long as there is rule stability then he could win another 3 before the new engines come in. Similarly, let's say something is found on the RB car, not quite Ferrari engine-esque but like the Renault mass damper, he might never win another championship with them. Lewis might still only be on 1 if Merc hadn't come good on the engine side initially. Vettel and Alonso might have had more if Ferrari, weren't..well Ferrari.

Soldato
Max has just turned 25. You guys know your stuff, so how many F1 champs do you see him ending his career on? More than MS/LH?
Hard to say really. All things being equal, then he should win more championships. However I think it's fair to say that back in 2006 everyone expected Alonso to win a lot more than 2 titles.

It all depends on what Red Bull come up with in the next few years, and if Adrian Newey leaves or retires, and what career moves Max feels like making.

Soldato
I think Alonso could still contest a WDC with a competitive car under him and he’s 41.

Max and Lewis will keep racing as long as they think they have a good chance at another WDC and they haven’t got bored.

Soldato
There was a thread on r/Formula1 that suggested Merc know what their issue was this season and will be able to fix it for next year, so with any luck we will see them back fighting for wins next season, and hopefully Ferrari can get their act together as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom