Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2022, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the final race of the 2022 season out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Voted a 3. This track the cars tend to just gap each other enough where the field spread makes for it to be frustratingly boring.

Caporegime
5/10

But this track is always dull.
Only basic Drs over takes. Just a bit dull.

Kind. Of amused about perez's situation.
Max did cost perez the 2nd spot.
But perez also cost himself the 2nd spot.
This is the only thing gave it a 5.

Hope gasley does better next year else alpine are going to have one of the worst driver pairs on the grid. Fully expect mclaren to best alpine next year even if they have a slower car. Even Aston might best them.

Leclerc did well today. Glad they didn't pit him as going long was his only chance. A good strategy call by ferrari? Incredible! :D

Edit. Thought they said perez finished 1 point behind. Not 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad it's over might stop the bickering, and hopefully Redbull can get a genuine championship with no controversies going forward recent one being the cost cap

Last edited:
Soldato
Max did cost perez the 2nd spot.

Can't say that with 100% confidence, we can only speculate what effect Checo being slightly ahead on points going into this race would have had. While it didn't help that Max did what he did in Brazil those 2 points wouldn't have been enough anyway. For once Ferrari got their strategy right and RB didn't.

That was a crap last race, I stopped watching with 6 laps to go.

Commissario
OP
I was driving home yesterday afternoon so didn't get to see the race live and then the result was spoiled by the news on the wireless at 16:00. Rather than sit through the entire race, I watched the highlights and even only seeing 45 minutes of so of driving was enough. Brundle was right when he said DRS is too powerful at this circuit.

Soldato
I voted it a 5, purely as it was the last race of the year and it is finally over, one of the most boring seasons I can remember. If it wasn't for the entertainment of Ferrari's Plan A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I , J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z, A1, B1, C1 etc. and failing to capitalise on a decent car with terrible strategy then I think I would have been asleep, alongside my new stuffed toy Porpoise that has F1 '22 embroidered into the side. :cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was driving home yesterday afternoon so didn't get to see the race live and then the result was spoiled by the news on the wireless at 16:00. Rather than sit through the entire race, I watched the highlights and even only seeing 45 minutes of so of driving was enough. Brundle was right when he said DRS is too powerful at this circuit.
You know it's too powerful when drivers are deliberately not passing in DRS zone 1 just to avoid being mugged in DRS zone 2.

Some may argue that is strategic driving, but it's a glaring example of how DRS is free overtakes most of the time.

Commissario
OP
glaring example of how DRS is free overtakes most of the time.
The problem is still that on many circuits, it's not possible to overtake without it. The F1 regulations are so damn tight now that there can't be any innovation whatsoever and that's been demonstrated this year. Given a clean drawing board with the new regs, the teams are making cars that are within fractions of seconds of each other and can't overtake. Change the car by a few mm in any direction and it'll either be out of spec or five seconds off the pace.

I miss the days when teams could actually innovate and rock up with wildly different cars.

Caporegime
Get rid of DRS totally i say.

God no, it would be even worse.
Get rid of the terrible tracks.

Wait. They seem to be mostly new ones!

Yas marina is boring in every sense of the word.
-venue
-circuit features (ie elevation)
-overtake opportunities
-weather

No one really likes it

Last edited:
Associate
You know it's too powerful when drivers are deliberately not passing in DRS zone 1 just to avoid being mugged in DRS zone 2.

Some may argue that is strategic driving, but it's a glaring example of how DRS is free overtakes most of the time.
I don't think getting rid of it would be the solution, but a rework could help.

For this last race, if they removed DRS on the 2nd straight it might have made things more interesting. If someone got close enough to DRS range in the corners, they'd have a shot at closing the gap or making a narrow overtake on the first straight, then without DRS on the 2nd, the other car has a chance to come back.

Associate
Glad it's over might stop the bickering, and hopefully Redbull can get a genuine championship with no controversies going forward recent one being the cost cap
Glad its over to stop the bickering, then sign off with a comment designed to incite further bickering...

Gutted the season is over, thorough enjoyed the season, some dull races will forever be dull. More gutted at losing some incredible talents, wonderful personalities and more from this sport.

No one should be able to argue that, Red Bull built the best car of the year, Ferrari with any form of competence could have been a dangerous contender and Merc have produced their worst car in many years.
Mclaren have taken a big step backwards in my view and so have every other mid field team this year, outside of Alfa Romeo who have made the most progress this year. I do think Williams could have made more progress if they decided to ditch Latifi last year.

Just seen that Seb got the Driver of the Day award which is no great surprise and it was an absolute whitewash, he got 56.6% of the votes!
And like he bloody well should do too! :) Least we can do for him after Aston stitched him up in his final race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom