Poll: Official 2023 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Race Thread - Baku City Circuit, Baku- Race 4/23

Rate the Azerbaijan Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Was going to vote a 3 or 4, but voted 5 because just the one safety car and no red flags, which means I can get on with the rest of my day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the Ocon onboard is scary. What’s the pit lane speed? Surprised we haven’t heard his radio or is it just ****s and ****s!?

Annoyingly everyone will be so caught up in that, they will forget to penalise the RB team that probably started it all by gathering on the wall.

Caporegime
That was rather dull.

RB have mad speed on the straights. No one else stands a chance.

Was frustrating to see the Merc just too slow on the straights again. Ham just couldn't get Sainz on the main straight,and Russell seemed stuck at 1 sec behind Stroll the whole time.

The sky showcase highlights didn't show how Hamilton got ahead of Russell after being screwed by the safety car either, which was annoying. God knows why they cut that out as the field stayed the same since they cut back in after!!?

Can anyone tell me what happened?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not keen on these full races. Used to watch c4 and it's an ideal race distance.
These full GPs are snooze fests.

Luckily I didn't watch it live so kept skipping forward on f1tv.

Soldato
Just a total snoozefest again...

Literally nothing happened in the race that everyone didn't already expect - RB 1 & 2 again.... One safety car but even that didn't really mean anything as the RB pace is so far beyond everyones else it's ridiculous.

Very very boring season ahead.... Voted 3 as that was as much excitement as I could muster....

Soldato
Was the live race as boring as the C4 highlights? I cancelled my Now sub after the last race. :)

No respite next week with another boring street circuit in Miami.

Last edited:
Caporegime
F1:

-Two teams finally get their cars within sort of equal performance of each other by 2021 making for a genuinely great title fight.
-Race director totally bungles the last race and fixes the championship
-New regs come along to try and make the races more exciting..
-One team builds a car miles faster than the rest of the field again

...Profit?

Soldato
I honestly can’t fathom how the powers that be - can’t see that DRS is ruining these regs. You can’t change it so that the cars can follow way easier, and leave the function that makes it super easy for the car to pass once it’s inside 1sec behind.

Caporegime
F1:

-Two teams finally get their cars within sort of equal performance of each other by 2021 making for a genuinely great title fight.

...Profit?
Pointless and not actually limiting fine for exceeding the cost cap decided in discussions with the team effectively a slap on the wrist as most of the work on this year's car was already completed. Team that cheated still have the fastest car by a country mile.

Caporegime
I honestly can’t fathom how the powers that be - can’t see that DRS is ruining these regs. You can’t change it so that the cars can follow way easier, and leave the function that makes it super easy for the car to pass once it’s inside 1sec behind.

Unless you are in a Merc, in which case you still can't :p

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah the Ocon onboard is scary. What’s the pit lane speed? Surprised we haven’t heard his radio or is it just ****s and ****s!?

Annoyingly everyone will be so caught up in that, they will forget to penalise the RB team that probably started it all by gathering on the wall.

In what way is Red Bull responsible for the FIA/promoters setting up parc ferme (barriers, etc) and allowing the media into the pitlane? Hell they were actually putting the "belt" barrier across the lane at the point Ocon came into the pits.

Also - Kravitz later confirmed that team's are allowed on the pitwall as long as they're standing on the concrete wall but not climbing the fence like the old days

Last edited:
Soldato
F1:

...Profit?
Would it not have been better if they had kept the same reg in 2021 for the next 3-5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom