Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Permabanned
Yeah they are meant to be decent for what they are. Mine is the 8.5m but you can get an extension piece that makes it 10m. Im just dipping my toe in the water with pole fishing and apparently this is a good starting point.

Ive got my seat box and my roller all i need is a sock and a few floats and im good to go.

100% it’s a good pole. Should get the extension.

You don’t need a sock it’s just a gimmick. Stick ya bag behind your box on peg n get it from there.

Soldato
So I’ve decided to embark on a new fishing venture and I’ll be travelling to the middle of nowhere sometime next year .

I’ll let you guys guess what I’m upto but I’ve been slowly collecting gear , I’ll blog it here when it happens but it could be the angling trip of a lifetime

Tell you what , the yanks know how to make a rod and the South Africans a reel .

Going sea fly fishing for small sharks?

Ahh small GT in the shallows. Neat. I have a small tuna reel that is way overkill for anything in the UK :)

Last edited:
Soldato
They are a pain in the butt they are. Think they can get away with it. A lake close-ish to us had 2 poachers who was killing F1s from a venue and actually just leaving them on the bankside dead with blood all over. A picture was taken about 22 F1s were found in a pile.

That happened here as well, ruined the place. The ********* would pile the fish up and just leave them.

It‘s horrid and I don’t know why you’d want to do that.

Associate
I was out pleasure fishing 2 weeks ago, biggest was a 12.5lb common.
Have booked places on a charter out of Whitby (Friday next week) for me and a mate, not been sea fishing since pre-COVID.
Really looking forward to it......not even sure if I will remember how to tackle up, it has been that long lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Knowing my luck I'll blank though...

Don't think like that! :p

tbh, I had the worst spring I blanked my ass off, then I finally had some good luck and managed a couple of really good fish a couple of weeks back,

In between moving house I managed to squeeze a few nights in and had a couple of really good fish, a 56lb 6oz mirror which is a UK PB for me (largest fish in our syndicate) and a 42lb fully scaled which is the prettiest carp I've ever seen.

56lb.6oz

TXwDEnm.jpg

And the fully, 42lb.

YBISbVH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom