Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Soldato
Wow those are some cracking fish. Once were record breaking weights too. I can't think of a single person who wouldn't be over the moon with catches like those. Amazing.

Yeah it still hasn't sunk in if I'm honest :D

My PB up until that point was 46lb, and to be honest I'm normally good at guessing the weight. But when I lifted it out and got it on the sling, I couldn't tell whether it was 40 or 60 - it was so gigantic.. When we lifted the sling with the weighbar, it almost went round to 57lb and I was like "???" "wtf??" then it finally settled on just over 56, after I did the photos I was like in a weird state of confusion lol... I never thought I'd catch a legit UK fifty pounder... Certainly not within 12 months of fishing the lake..

Soldato
You not going to beat that in a long time that's for sure.

Yep, I could literally fish for the rest of my life and not bag a bigger one! especially not a UK fish,

To be honest, I'm still happy catching fish of any size - next month I'm going fishing with my pole to catch small carp out of a local commercial with a friend..

Associate
Don't think like that! :p

tbh, I had the worst spring I blanked my ass off, then I finally had some good luck and managed a couple of really good fish a couple of weeks back,

In between moving house I managed to squeeze a few nights in and had a couple of really good fish, a 56lb 6oz mirror which is a UK PB for me (largest fish in our syndicate) and a 42lb fully scaled which is the prettiest carp I've ever seen.

56lb.6oz

TXwDEnm.jpg

And the fully, 42lb.

YBISbVH.jpg
2 stunners there. Well done !!

Associate
Just got back from a week fishing down the lizard in Cornwall.. Caught a total of 1 wrasse lol
Had to contend with gale force winds, tons of seaweed and seals everywhere just was not my week :( found loads of good marks to hit up next month though

Soldato
Heading off to Bali in a few weeks, and taking along a bit of travel gear. Apparently the locals have decimated the shoreline by netting :( but there's still GT and the like to be had offshore, so might go out on a boat.

No doubt I'll still try from the shore too, just in case something is passing by.

Associate
Heading off to Bali in a few weeks, and taking along a bit of travel gear. Apparently the locals have decimated the shoreline by netting :( but there's still GT and the like to be had offshore, so might go out on a boat.

No doubt I'll still try from the shore too, just in case something is passing by.
not sure I'd want to fish GT with travel gear unless it was seriously strong. Those things are brutes, they don't half pull.

Soldato
not sure I'd want to fish GT with travel gear unless it was seriously strong. Those things are brutes, they don't half pull.

Yes, if I do end up going out in a boat I'll use their gear, but TBH I prefer fishing from shore where I can. The fish of course tend to be smaller, but it's just easier rocking up at an easily accessible mark and enjoying it while the Mrs sunbathes.

Back
Top Bottom