Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [15th - 17th December 2023]

Caporegime
I just hope the all the teams above City are far enough ahead when they enable IDDQD god mode come January.

That aint happening this year. I said at the start of the season they wouldn't win the title this year and I stand by it. Not a clue who will win it though but it won't be them. Too many big match winners were moved on in one go. Even with KDB I didn't think they could win it. I also don't rate Haaland as a big match winner. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish third this year.

Soldato
I thought it was a better performance from Antony against Liverpool. He controlled his temper better and actually put in a shift. For a player that people like to knock - rightly so most of the time - he did ok.
I agree with Roy, Virgil's comments in the post match interview were arrogant.
Overall, feels like a nice open season for now.

Soldato
United fans standards really are in the pits if thats considered a "better" performance from a so called explosive forward. He offered absolutely nothing.

Antony is garbage, the quicker some fans see that the easier it will be when you try to offload him when ETH eventually goes.

Associate
Antony definitely put in a shift for once. Challenged for the ball, ran back for the cause and less theatrics. Onana still flopped a few times with his ball control and punting the ball out. Got lucky with tame shot at him also.

Associate
United fans standards really are in the pits if thats considered a "better" performance from a so called explosive forward. He offered absolutely nothing.

Antony is garbage, the quicker some fans see that the easier it will be when you try to offload him when ETH eventually goes.

Both saddled with high price tags makes it harder for them to swallow. Mount another wasted £ and once ETH goes a big clear out!

Soldato

100 million quid and he puts in a performance you'd expect from a tony pullis winger and they are pleased. Mind you the entire man utd performance was reminiscent of that.

We really need to sort the attack out, the sooner Kloop releases we aren't playing with Bobby anymore the better, Diaz and Salah without Bobby in the middle are wasted doing what they are currently doing. Hopefully the injury to Gravenberch isn't serious.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I thought it was a better performance from Antony against Liverpool. He controlled his temper better and actually put in a shift. For a player that people like to knock - rightly so most of the time - he did ok.
I agree with Roy, Virgil's comments in the post match interview were arrogant.
Overall, feels like a nice open season for now.
I guess the problem is, no team should be paying £82m for someone to be "ok".

Soldato
Whilst it was a dull game, I think more credit needs to be given to Man U. An away draw there is a result for even City/Arsenal right now.
100 million quid and he puts in a performance you'd expect from a tony pullis winger and they are pleased. Mind you the entire man utd performance was reminiscent of that.

Yes he's massively over priced and in general has been a flop...but...just saying that in that game he got on with it, his work rate was high, he kept his head down and got on with it, without the theatrics and scraps. He had a chance with the Liverpool left back at one point to have a swing and get involved, instead he shrugged it off, shook hands and carried on. It's a major improvement in temperament from him which I think should be called out at least.

Man of Honour
We really need to sort the attack out, the sooner Kloop releases we aren't playing with Bobby anymore the better, Diaz and Salah without Bobby in the middle are wasted doing what they are currently doing.
Not going to lie, I'm genuinely worried about what happens when Salah goes to AFCON this year, I'm not sure who is going to step up and get the goals while he is away. Jota is injured, Nunez seems to be off form at the moment when it comes to scoring, Gakpo is snatching at stuff when he gets the chance and Diaz seems to have gone off the boil.

Soldato
Not going to lie, I'm genuinely worried about what happens when Salah goes to AFCON this year, I'm not sure who is going to step up and get the goals while he is away. Jota is injured, Nunez seems to be off form at the moment when it comes to scoring, Gakpo is snatching at stuff when he gets the chance and Diaz seems to have gone off the boil.

Salah has been a shadow of his former self anyway this season. I know he is second top scorer but he's nowhere near his previous ability.
Nunez... :) I don't know honestly how he gets a start.

Back
Top Bottom