Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [15th - 17th December 2023]

Man of Honour
Salah has been a shadow of his former self anyway this season. I know he is second top scorer but he's nowhere near his previous ability.
Nunez... :) I don't know honestly how he gets a start.
I think Salahs role has changed slightly, he's doing more assisting than previously now, so at the moment he is 2nd top scorer in the league and number 1 for assists in the league

Soldato
United fans standards really are in the pits if thats considered a "better" performance from a so called explosive forward. He offered absolutely nothing.

Antony is garbage, the quicker some fans see that the easier it will be when you try to offload him when ETH eventually goes.
I'd say he's a bit better than garbage but well short of what could be considered good. A bit like Gakpo really. Decent in a league which realistically isn't much better than the SPL but finding it hard to have a similar impact in the EPL.

Associate
Isn't Anthony's job to assist and score lol?

The same could be said about half that squad or even Nunez. He hand't lit up Ajax that much and to pay over the odds is baffling but that team just doesn't gel enough for him to even be at his best. ETH over Xmas will surely be his last act if continue to slide.

Soldato
I'd say he's a bit better than garbage but well short of what could be considered good. A bit like Gakpo really. Decent in a league which realistically isn't much better than the SPL but finding it hard to have a similar impact in the EPL.
How are you comparing the two lol. Gakpo is doubling Antonys output whilst being on the pitch 400 minutes less.

Gakpo is a 1 in 4 player, id take those numbers from his position when he averages 58 mins per game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bait taken :) but fair points.
Gakpo is playing is a decent team not the sham that it United currently. I'm no Antony fan boy and he's had a poor season but it's hard to think of anyone at United who hasn't been poor. Performances start with hard work and by all accounts he put that in on Sunday. They have a similar record in the Dutch League although Gakpo is more of a striker than a winger. Anyway I can't defend him anymore - He's overpriced, has no right foot and looks like a wrong un. However, not complete garbage.

Back
Top Bottom