Your games of this year?

Caporegime
RE4 was £30 earlier in the year and that was good enough for me. £27.99 is a very good discount on Dead Space I think. If I didn’t already own it I’d bite on that.
I think it's the cheapest it's been so far and I'd say definitely worth it. It's just that REmake 4 is "more" worth it, so to say, and an absolute steal considering the quality of the game and how much content/replayability it offers.

Alternatively, Dead Space is available on Gamepass if you have an xbox or a decent PC.

If you do have a decent PC, then grab those there and hook it up to your TV, RE4 looks noticeably better on PC, have it on Steam as well.
I went for RE4 at £23.64…Thanks for the help…I’ll keep and eye on Dead Space…I’m sure it will be on sale again….so I’ll play RE4 first.

Soldato
I went for RE4 at £23.64…Thanks for the help…I’ll keep and eye on Dead Space…I’m sure it will be on sale again….so I’ll play RE4 first.
Also if you haven’t played it. Uncharted 4 is fantastic. And still looks amazing for an 8 year old game.

Edit. Think it’s in the legacy of thieves collection.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also if you haven’t played it. Uncharted 4 is fantastic. And still looks amazing for an 8 year old game.

Edit. Think it’s in the legacy of thieves collection.
Just added it cheers…it’s free on PS+

Is RDR2 worth £18?

Im amazed there isn’t a remastered PS5 version….and it’s still locked at 30FPS….:(

Soldato

Is RDR2 worth £18?

Im amazed there isn’t a remastered PS5 version….and it’s still locked at 30FPS….:(
No not yet. I’m waiting for a 60 patch before replaying.

Edit. What I meant is yes the game is definitely worth 18 quid (it’s freaking amazing), but the 30fps puts me off replaying.

Last edited:
Associate

Is RDR2 worth £18?

Just about to start it on the PC.. I'd have gotten the PS version if it wasnt for the 30FPS thing..

Soldato
After a bit more reading looks like GTA6 is all hands on deck….and RDR2 has been abandoned.
Well.. even at 30fps it’s still well worth playing. A seriously good game. It’s smooth at 30 with no dips. And honestly , it beats the snot out of grand theft auto.

Arthur is such a great character, and it’s quite an emotional game.

Amazing OST too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just about to start it on the PC.. I'd have gotten the PS version if it wasnt for the 30FPS thing..
Wish PSN offered a 30 min trial or something….its a game I can see myself playing with a beer on the sofa on my TV and PS5 rather than sat in front of my super wide on my PC with headphones on….

Might be OK locked at 30FPS but then again it might do my head in…

Soldato
RDR2's world detail and realism puts to shame just about everything ever released including all PS5 exclusives and whatnot. And it's an open world game on top of that. The YT compilations of details and interactions are endless.

I just refuse to replay it at 30fps though, I have it on PC and that's where it'll stay unless a 60fps patch comes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
RDR2's world detail and realism puts to shame just about everything ever released including all PS5 exclusives and whatnot. And it's an open world game on top of that. The YT compilations of details and interactions are endless.

I just refuse to replay it at 30fps though, I have it on PC and that's where it'll stay unless a 60fps patch comes.

RDR1 has had a 60FPS toggle added in settings….its a shame

Soldato
For me GOTY was Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, push all the buttons of pure fun for me and as soon as I finished it I felt compelled to play through it again looking for the collectables and extra characters (not experienced that in a long time!)

Associate
Out of the console games ive played, mario wonder is up there for me, brilliant fun and at times challenging game that has a really addictive " just one more try" feeling to those harder levels.

Hate games that are too frustrating now im older or too hard, but with mario wonder, even though some levels can get tense and a little frustrating, they are so FUN and ADDICTIVE it overrides any anger.

Amazing game that everyone with a switch both young and old should own and play!

Associate
The game I enjoyed the most this year is Lords of the Fallen even though it had a few launch issues I absolutely loved it.

Honorable mentions to Armored Core 6, Lies of P, Remnant 2, FF16 and Monster Hunter Rise (gamepass).

I've built up a bit of a backlog since the recent multiple decent sales these include Resi 4 remake, Monster Hunter Rise and Sunbreak (PS5), Baldurs Gate 3, Destiny 2 Lightfall (currently addicted again) and AC Mirage.

This year I have stupidly pre ordered Rise of the Ronin and Dragons Dogma 2 even though they release on the same day (I should have waited for a sale on one of them). I have a physical copy of Granblue Fantasy Relink on pre ordered thanks to an Amazon gift card I had from my brother for Xmas. If Elden Ring DLC releases anytime soon I already have enough games to see me through the whole year (not even mentioning Black Myth Wukong probably my most highly anticipated release).

Associate
The game I enjoyed the most this year is Lords of the Fallen even though it had a few launch issues I absolutely loved it.

Honorable mentions to Armored Core 6, Lies of P, Remnant 2, FF16 and Monster Hunter Rise (gamepass).

I've built up a bit of a backlog since the recent multiple decent sales these include Resi 4 remake, Monster Hunter Rise and Sunbreak (PS5), Baldurs Gate 3, Destiny 2 Lightfall (currently addicted again) and AC Mirage.

This year I have stupidly pre ordered Rise of the Ronin and Dragons Dogma 2 even though they release on the same day (I should have waited for a sale on one of them). I have a physical copy of Granblue Fantasy Relink on pre ordered thanks to an Amazon gift card I had from my brother for Xmas. If Elden Ring DLC releases anytime soon I already have enough games to see me through the whole year (not even mentioning Black Myth Wukong probably my most highly anticipated release).
I was searching for a souls-like after Elden and tried Remnant 2 (Game Pass Ultimate) and it just did not gel for me. Technically it ran fine on XBOX, but crashed constantly on PC. Apparently, it was a lot worse on launch. I found the gameplay to be janky/frustrating in single and coop. I pivoted to Lies of P and it feels way nicer to play, and just more polished in general. AC6 is defo on my gaming list as well as BG3, RE4 and like everyone I am awaiting Erdtree. It's a good problem to have!

Soldato

Is RDR2 worth £18?

It gives you some idea of the sheer amount of money they must be making from GTA Online to be able to keep re-releasing GTA5 while completely ignoring RDR2, even though a re-release or update would sell well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom