**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I have just ordered an Honor 90.With a £50.00 off voucher code for £349.99 inc code, great specs for the money and get's great reviews, uses the qualcomm 7.1 chip but has 12GB of ram and 512GB of stoarge so for that money it's a no brainer to me.

In anyone is interested the code runs until the 22nd.

Code is

AJANH9050​

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just ordered an Honor 90.With a £50.00 off voucher code for £349.99 inc code, great specs for the money and get's great reviews, uses the qualcomm 7.1 chip but has 12GB of ram and 512GB of stoarge so for that money it's a no brainer to me.

In anyone is interested the code runs until the 22nd.

Code is

AJANH9050​

No card slot and no 3.5mm jack. I'm out.

Soldato
That's fair point, You can also for few quid get 2 in 1 adapters so can charge and use 3.5 jack at the same time
The thing is, you shouldn't have to. A card slot and a 3.5mm jack should both be standard on mid-range phones and up. Especially as now we're starting to get phones that can record video in 8k (about 6GB/minute) and are capable of playing 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio.

maj

maj

Soldato
With Bluetooth becoming more popular it wouldn't surprise me to see 3.5mm phased out sadly. With phones coming with bigger internal storage it also wouldn't surprise me to see less phones with an SD card slot, mid-range or not.

Hopefully that won't be for awhile if it does happen.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
It's 2024.. why would anyone need a 3.5mm or SD Card... Stop being babies and get some Bluetooth earphones, they are soooo much better. And get a phone with 512GB+ storage. Done.

Last edited:
Soldato
camera must be really good, seems bit pricey even for CN version compared to the other chinese brands, I aint much for camera use on mobile so got my eyes on the Oneplus 12 I see the 16GB/512GB currently can be bought for £612.26 just waiting for global release so should be able to flash CN version with global rom

Caporegime
It's 2024.. why would anyone need a 3.5mm or SD Card... Stop being babies and get some Bluetooth earphones, they are soooo much better. And get a phone with 512GB+ storage. Done.
It's 2024 and it's impossible to use your phone and listen to stuff for a theoretically unlimited amount of time.

None of my phones have extra storage or a stereo socket and I manage fine and enjoy wireless sound, but I definitely understand why people want those things.

Soldato
It's 2024 and it's impossible to use your phone and listen to stuff for a theoretically unlimited amount of time.
Tbf, only the way they specifically want to do this. It's not very often these days I actually plug my phone in to charge it... or to do anything now I have AndroidAuto Wireless.

Isn't it a little similar to complaining the latest hits aren't available on vinyl?

Soldato
still feel Micro SD card have a place, you can get some great deals and good enough to record 4K , raw pictures , store files, media I think its more to do with manufactures wanting people to buy phones with more storage also push people to pay for cloud storage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom