**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Seems unlikely when you still have a USB-C port
Yes, I wondered that. But I do note it being mentioned for certain phones that also include a high (?) IPX rating for being waterproof, to a certain point, and having no audio port and SD card slot.
I don't know if it is easier to waterproof just one point of potential water ingress over that of several?

Perhaps even more so with the audio plug, as it has to remain in place when fitted.

Last edited:
Soldato
micro sd usually used with the sim tray so dont see why that would be an issue, I can understand the 3.5mm having to waterproof another part

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know how to disable power button press contact Emergency services on a Huawei please ?

I've accidentally called them once and been close at least three times.

I run with my phone in hand and sometimes trigger it accidentally and if I have gloves on by time off (screen doesn't work with my gloves on so can't press cancel button) it can nearly have finished countdown

Can't see any option in menus to disable :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know how to disable power button press contact Emergency services on a Huawei please ?

I've accidentally called them once and been close at least three times.

I run with my phone in hand and sometimes trigger it accidentally and if I have gloves on by time off (screen doesn't work with my gloves on so can't press cancel button) it can nearly have finished countdown

Can't see any option in menus to disable :(

Can you search in settings, I found it on Xiaomi by searching emergency

Soldato
Sounds like the OnePlus 12 is going to be hilariously expensive.
going the CN route and flashing it has all the network bands, I see people now starting to flash the CN version to Oxygen with everything working , currently seeing 16gb/512gb £611.17 and 12gb/256gb £546.84 , 24gb/1TB £728.86 , reputable seller as well bought few phones over the years they'll probably also start selling it with oxygen for little extra charge , I've had the Xiaomi mi 11 almost 3 years CN version which I flashed but looks like oneplus 12 will be a nice jump , battery gonna be nice 5400mah and with the screen going down to 1hz

Last edited:
Caporegime
going the CN route and flashing it has all the network bands, I see people now starting to flash the CN version to Oxygen with everything working , currently seeing 16gb/512gb £611.17 and 12gb/256gb £546.84 , 24gb/1TB £728.86 , reputable seller as well bought few phones over the years they'll probably also start selling it with oxygen for little extra charge , I've had the Xiaomi mi 11 almost 3 years CN version which I flashed but looks like oneplus 12 will be a nice jump , battery gonna be nice 5400mah and with the screen going down to 1hz
I'm happy to do that in theory, but is it guaranteed that the OS will be flashable and all the right bands will be available etc.?

Soldato
I'm happy to do that in theory, but is it guaranteed that the OS will be flashable and all the right bands will be available etc.?

bands are hardware thing includes them all in the CN version will work with no issues my mi 11 cn has all the bands and works no issues the recent few Xiaomi releases the CN version excluded band 20 so thats ruled them out now probably trying to get people to buy it from own region is my thinking , its early days but few now reported they have flashed Oxygen just keeping eye on feedback before I jump in and like to know if esim / android auto works and find dummies guide how to flash sellers will also start selling it with oxygen pre flashed with extra charge

not sure I can link the seller here but they offer 12 months warranty I did have phone that got faulty 6 months in and they arranged pick up and got replacement in around 2 weeks

Last edited:
Soldato
bands are hardware thing includes them all in the CN version will work with no issues my mi 11 cn has all the bands and works no issues the recent few Xiaomi releases the CN version excluded band 20 so thats ruled them out now probably trying to get people to buy it from own region is my thinking , its early days but few now reported they have flashed Oxygen just keeping eye on feedback before I jump in and like to know if esim / android auto works and find dummies guide how to flash sellers will also start selling it with oxygen pre flashed with extra charge

not sure I can link the seller here but they offer 12 months warranty I did have phone that got faulty 6 months in and they arranged pick up and got replacement in around 2 weeks
Hi, m8 do you mind if I pick your brain regarding your CN mi 11 ownership?

Even though I've owned the top flag ships from Samsung, and now the Pixel 8Pro (which is excellent).. I've always wanted the mi 11 ultra, I own the UK 11T Pro which is just superb apart from the camera department, and I really like how it runs.

So the other day, I buckled and risked buying a mint like new CN mi 11 ultra from ebay!

Amazingly, a like brand new mi 11 ultra arrived next day by special delivery.. Phew :D

Now I've updated it to the latest rom, it was on the original from 2021! :eek:

But my word, some of the Chinese is a struggle to get past, I've got most of my apps running, but Android Auto is a no no. Pixel watch is a no no, And I'm wondering if getting the phone unlocked and flashing Global is the way to go?

Oh and shock horror, this mi 11 ultra can actually out perform the camera on the Pixel! Wtf!

IClpxd8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, m8 do you mind if I pick your brain regarding your CN mi 11 ownership?

Even though I've owned the top flag ships from Samsung, and now the Pixel 8Pro (which is excellent).. I've always wanted the mi 11 ultra, I own the UK 11T Pro which is just superb apart from the camera department, and I really like how it runs.

So the other day, I buckled and risked buying a mint like new CN mi 11 ultra from ebay!

Amazingly, a like brand new mi 11 ultra arrived next day by special delivery.. Phew :D

Now I've updated it to the latest rom, it was on the original from 2021! :eek:

But my word, some of the Chinese is a struggle to get past, I've got most of my apps running, but Android Auto is a no no. Pixel watch is a no no, And I'm wondering if getting the phone unlocked and flashing Global is the way to go?

Oh and shock horror, this mi 11 ultra can actually out perform the camera on the Pixel! Wtf!

you can flash stock EU / global rom but downside is you need to unlock the bootloader and keep it unlocked you can only lock bootloader with same rom region the phone originally came from

unlocked bootloader gives issues with google pay / bank apps not working you can get them working but involves a lot of faffing about I just use Xiaomi.eu rom everything done for you

I use custom rom xiaomi.eu ( thats the address) go to MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE section you'll see Mi 11 ultra on the list , they have pre fixes in place even with bootloader being unlocked and bank apps and google pay work, they release updates really quickly

FcLAMSv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers for the advice :)

So the EU rom is similar to the Global (so Android Auto etc will work) but will also allow banking apps to run with an unlocked boot loader? And it is flashed in the same way the Global would be? Im not interested in rooting, just having a stable usable platform.

It's been ages since I played around flashing roms. I think the old mi5 that's in a draw somewhere is the last one I tinkered with :D

Soldato
Cheers for the advice :)

So the EU rom is similar to the Global (so Android Auto etc will work) but will also allow banking apps to run with an unlocked boot loader? And it is flashed in the same way the Global would be? Im not interested in rooting, just having a stable usable platform.

It's been ages since I played around flashing roms. I think the old mi5 that's in a draw somewhere is the last one I tinkered with :D

the xiaomi.eu is based off Chinese rom but with everything Chinese removed debloated also added the good stuff thats not in the global rom it gets updates quicker as well I dont care for root either I just wanted rom that worked and no hassle, I dont think Andriod auto will work with any CN model regardless of rom, Im itching for an upgrade now I like the look of the Oneplus and the CN version you can flash oxygen rom without bootloader needing to be unlocked so basically eveything works like Android auto works as if you bought it from here but cheaper :) , also recent Xiaomi CN releases dont have band 20 :(

regarding the flashing process I think they have hybrid now so can do it either way information is on that site , I flashed mine ages ago I first tried the stock EU and global but was way to much hassle dealing with bank and google pay issues and went to xiaomi.eu think I flashed it using TWRP this going close to 3 years ago updates since I do via OTA which downloads the ROM into storage restart and boot up in TWRP and select the rom file pretty simple

Last edited:
Soldato
I appreciate the advice m8. I think I've got some reading up to do.
I really want to use this as a daily driver, even if it means a few compromises. I've applied for the Xiaomi unlock (7 day wait) but I might just leave it and stick with CN

Soldato
I appreciate the advice m8. I think I've got some reading up to do.
I really want to use this as a daily driver, even if it means a few compromises. I've applied for the Xiaomi unlock (7 day wait) but I might just leave it and stick with CN

thats fair if you can deal with some Chinese residue not much else to be gained and flashing always involves some nerves and having to format the data if you already started using it , I cant fault the performance of the Mi11 still running great but battery life isnt the best now isnt suprising with battery degrading I'll replace the battery could easily go without another upgrade for a while but now close to 3 years have an itch and Oneplus 12 has caught my eye :cry:

Soldato
Can't you buy Xiaomi devices in the UK officially though? Surely they work with Google Pay.

Definitely, and they are just like any other regular official phone. Which is great. The only downside is the selection isn't the full Xiaomi range, they are usually late to the UK market with models, and prices can be quite extreme, that's if they even have them in stock!

Back in t' day, Xiaomi phones had to be imported, they had flagship specs at half the price and that was the Xiaomi way, unlocking them and installing usable roms was how you did things. Now Xiaomi is just as mainstream as the 'big' boys (Xiaomi are actually massive), but their official presence over this side of the world is very lacking sadly.

Back
Top Bottom