Is Amazon delivery getting worse?

Soldato
I've been a customer of Amazon for years and used to love the Prime subscription service for fast deliveries that arrive when they are supposed to.

Recently though, the estimate delivery windows are never met e.g. 10am - 1pm estimated delivery, now its changed to before 10pm.
Maybe it's a local delivery office things but in the past week there have been multiple items missing the delivery days and something that was supposed to be out of delivery today isnt. Instead i've had to call and cancel them and go out locally to buy at a much higher cost.

I notice Amazon have also added Hermes to their list of delivery companies (!?)

Anyone else having similar issues? Hopefully just my area (Leeds city center)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Not had that issue here in London recently.

Previously though whenever a Prime delivery has not arrived on the day it stated it would, even just one day late, I would be straight onto Live Chat to complain and they always gave me 1 month free Prime extension. Must have had a whole year free at one point.

Soldato
nope.. if anything in Yorkshire its betting better.
i ordered on the 23rd of December at 11pm and got both items on the 24th before 1pm.

last week i decided to buy some ram and bam next day in under 12hr.
this morning i ordered a CPU cooler and it will be here before 1pm tomorrow.

TBF OcUK is getting worse in my experience, the last few ordered ive had to wait a few day for dispatch when paying for next day, and a few times ive had to call up to see if there is a problem with the order as its been about 4 days

Soldato
In recent months we've gone from loud door knock and parcel left in step, to soft tap on door with parcel left on step, to parcel simply left on step tonight... Fortunately I had the Amazon app open tracking delivery and so I grabbed parcel.

We as customers deserve better.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with lateness (here in Stafford), but the drivers no longer ring me if they're unsure of my address. The house numbers on my street aren't in numerical order, so if the driver is new, it can throw them off guard. Amazon drivers used to be good at calling me if they're stuck, but they don't do that now. So I end up with a missed delivery (app says "sorry you weren't in", - I bloody well was in!) then it keeps missing day after day until a familiar driver is on shift and delivers to me correctly.

Just-Eat, Asda, Brewdog, Argos and most couriers that have my number on file have the courtesy to call me if stuck. if the drivers do this, it saves them from repeated work by not having to make extra delivery attempts surely?

Edit: I do have delivery instructions for the drivers that I entered in on the Amazon app, unchanged for a few years now, but they ignore this now. It's been a problem for 2-3 months now.

Last edited:
Soldato
They tend to deliver within the predicted time frame in terms of days but I have noticed a continual slip of the predicted time on the day of delivery.

Every time you check it, it seems to have moved further on and it is usually a late afternoon delivery, at best.

Man of Honour
Not really changed much for me over the years, since moving to a more remote area the estimated delivery window does change a bit through the day, but that is kind of understandable, though I think it happens a bit more now than it used to.

Associate
Standard Amazon deliveries have been OK. It's their Fresh delivery that's been getting me annoyed at how pathetic it's getting.

Had them go to another address one time, didn't even try and call despite having a contact number and then saying they couldn't get the access code to reach my place. Except we don't have an access code to reach our place... :rolleyes:

Had a few of them call ahead to say they're going to need help as there's a few items before they even looked at what was ordered (it was tissue and kitchen towels so barely weighed anything). But was OK with helping as there's a few rounds needed to be made if done alone. But at least it attempted and got here fine despite needing to call ahead with help for the "heavy" delivery. :p

Then two days ago, I tried their unattended delivery option, thinking it'll be fine. But nope. Worst delivery yet. Not only did they deliver to the wrong address, they left it on the community stairway in another building (so anyone who went by could have just snagged it). If I wasn't in and waiting for the delivery, keeping tabs on where they have reached (and saw roughly where they have been) and received the text that it's been delivered (and nothing at the front door), I wouldn't have been able to quickly look at where it went wrong (thankfully can see the other community stairway across the road) and then make my way to collect it. Definitely never going to go with Unattended Delivery again. Attended only at this point. :mad:

Associate
I only get an estimated delivery time for about half the orders I place. So I’ve switched to using lockers wherever possible as at least then I can pick it up at a convenient time rather that missing a delivery.

Back
Top Bottom