Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
Ok, I think I have reached a point where I have done all the available quests in Act 1.

I get a warning when I try to go through the mountain pass or through the Grymforge that I should make sure I have done everything before progressing.

I still have quests in my journal, but I think I have to progress the game to do them as they are not really visible on the map.

Does that mean if I have missed something I cant come back?

Spoiler free answer if possible.

Soldato
14.5 hours into it now and finally starting to work out what I'm doing :)

the one major criticism I have is that there isn't enough instruction in the early stages, If I hadn't spent hours watching YouTube videos I would have no idea about some core fundamentals of the game. Even though I played a lot of AD&D (30 years ago) and knew the core mechanics and ideas, it still took a lot of research to get back up to speed and starting to really enjoy it.

Yes, took me some time too to get the hang of things. I'm 30hrs in to Act 1.

Ok, I think I have reached a point where I have done all the available quests in Act 1.

I get a warning when I try to go through the mountain pass or through the Grymforge that I should make sure I have done everything before progressing.

I still have quests in my journal, but I think I have to progress the game to do them as they are not really visible on the map.

Does that mean if I have missed something I cant come back?

Spoiler free answer if possible.

if your map is clear, it's most likely means you've done all quests available in this area. it's not a guarantee, as obvs you could miss a quest entirely by not getting the first part of it, or even, there may be an example where the quest doesn't point out the final place to be to finish, but you have to find something in the area. i think you'd know at this point with the few i imagine you have.

Soldato
I was paranoid about moving on to Act 2, I still have markers on my map but they all seem to send me to Act 2.. So I just moved on :)
I was too, like find the creche thingamy and goblin camp for instance but everybody in the camps got slaughtered because I nicked the idol/killed everyone, I then moved to act 2 but markers still there on map despite everyone being dead. Bit confusing at times.

Associate
Same, I know the Creche is in Act 2 because I'm just about there now.

Partially spoilery so will spoiler it:

Technically, the Creche is part of both Act 1 and 2, but it really falls under Act 1. The reason for the warning you get before it transitions you through (in two locations), is because by doing so, any quest relating to the grove is automatically marked as resolved. You will not be able to complete these quests, and that includes saving the Arch Druid or resolving the issue with the Tieflings there in Act 1. Otherwise, you can transition back and forth between locations in Act 1 and Act 2 until another "progress" marker section is reached and it will lock out Act 1 locations entirely at that point, preventing even going back to none grove marked/related quests to get completed at that point.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I believe that I’m still in Act 2, currently half way through 9th level for my party. Still haven’t quite wrapped it up before moving on

Last edited:
Soldato
I finished the game just before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it, been ages since I played a game that made me want to play it every day. However, now that I've completed it I doubt I'll ever play it again, just not into doing re-runs with different characters etc.

I finished the game just before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it, been ages since I played a game that made me want to play it every day. However, now that I've completed it I doubt I'll ever play it again, just not into doing re-runs with different characters etc.
It is an issue as I would like to rerun and do areas again as I never experienced mountain pass at all, did many quests in such a way I'd like to see an alternative way, and also of course different companions, however it's like 80 hours commitment just to see alternative versions of in the end, a similar end goal. It's easier to just watch YouTube. I may replay next Xmas due to the amount of free time I have. I would like to do sooner but it's just too much of my evenings and weekend, made worse as I only play in coop with my partner

Associate
If you play with a completionist intent (and I admit I veer that way- too much FOMO!) then replay value might be a bit thin, despite the number of possible endings. I do quite fancy an evil/chaotic playthrough though.

Soldato
It is an issue as I would like to rerun and do areas again as I never experienced mountain pass at all, did many quests in such a way I'd like to see an alternative way, and also of course different companions, however it's like 80 hours commitment just to see alternative versions of in the end, a similar end goal. It's easier to just watch YouTube. I may replay next Xmas due to the amount of free time I have. I would like to do sooner but it's just too much of my evenings and weekend, made worse as I only play in coop with my partner
I too missed the pass and a couple of npc's died before they should have. However, I could use the WeMod cheat and go through it again just to see what I've missed but it will be a while before I do that.

Soldato
Ok let's talk companions.

Karlach she is not in my party but she keeps telling at camp that her 'engine' is going to explode.

Will she die if I don't help her?

As I said she's not in my party.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is an example of when this game confuses me.

Why is the 0-7 quaterstaff worth more than the 2-12?

PXL-20240127-201423605.jpg

Back
Top Bottom