Helldivers 2

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
FS this game breaks so badly at times - just had a charger which I could not avoid - no matter how much I ran and dived it would always connect with me even if it missed visually and/or should have missed, so I was constantly rag dolling into groups of smaller enemy and couldn't do anything really... not to mention so many stim and reload fails.

Yesterday I had something explode by me which I can only think was like them balls of plant/egg things on some maps. I cannot recall being near any but was taking shelter among rocks. Anyway - whatever exploded, rag dolled me into the automaton army and as I gingerly (but spamming buttons for what felt like eternity to move quick) got up rockets and hulks amass caused me to explode and jettison off again across the map.

Soldato
Yeah gave it a try yesterday. Seems you either need to have the RPM really high and tap burst things (very underwhelming) or have it on low RPM and use it like a normal machine gun (very underwhelming).

Then having to stand still to reload for 5 seconds.

Overall, just use the stalwart.

Man of Honour
I was hoping the heavy machine would be good but it is so bad I regret spending the points :(

Yeah, though once you get past level 20 or so you'll have more points than you know what to do with unless they add loads of new content - I'm always at 50K now.

HMG needs shorter reload and higher level medium armour damage or you might as well use something else.

Man of Honour
Played for nearly 3 hours tonight think I had about 20 minutes of good gaming - griefers, time wasters, getting randomly kicked by host with the mission 80% done, mission bugs, general bugs, they seem to have broke something with the AI director and spawns, blah, blah. Game is great when working properly but the developers need to do a lot of work.

EDIT: And BS death after BS death after BS death...

Last edited:
Soldato
Played for nearly 3 hours tonight think I had about 20 minutes of good gaming - griefers, time wasters, getting randomly kicked by host with the mission 80% done, mission bugs, general bugs, they seem to have broke something with the AI director and spawns, blah, blah. Game is great when working properly but the developers need to do a lot of work.

I have been playing this morning for 2 hours and had good games.

I am finding that more and more people are sitting at objectives trying to clear out the mobs or unsure if the objective has been done and hanging around for no reason.

When this happens I leave the game as it indicates what the rest of the game will be like. These are people at 30/34 etc would have thought they would know when to move on.

Soldato
I have been playing this morning for 2 hours and had good games.

I am finding that more and more people are sitting at objectives trying to clear out the mobs or unsure if the objective has been done and hanging around for no reason.

When this happens I leave the game as it indicates what the rest of the game will be like. These are people at 30/34 etc would have thought they would know when to move on.

Why are they doing it though, just trying to grind achievements or something?

Soldato
Why are they doing it though, just trying to grind achievements or something?
After an objective is complete there is no reason to stay in the area fighting the mobs.

If there is any around just move on and leave them there as you will never clear the area and the longer you stay the more mobs spawn.

You do not get any XP for killing mobs as all this is based on how much of the mission has been completed at the end once extracted

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing this game recently, not quite as much as I'd like to, but still, it's been an amazing time. The community seems to be pretty decent. It's rare that you get games with so much value these days.

Soldato
After an objective is complete there is no reason to stay in the area fighting the mobs.

If there is any around just move on and leave them there as you will never clear the area and the longer you stay the more mobs spawn.

You do not get any XP for killing mobs as all this is based on how much of the mission has been completed at the end once extracted
I played with a couple of randoms and my bro last night and prolly found I was the one “sitting at the objective”. Essentially, I just like to fight my way out. Noticed the two randoms just ran off to the objective speed run style - happened a couple of times. I just don’t enjoy that. The combat in HD2 is the best part of the game, and I’d rather spend 40 minutes completing a level and having great fun rather than 20 minutes speed running it.

Man of Honour
I find it hard to find a team playing at a good pace with randoms. About 2/3rds just try to speed run main objectives the rest overly take their time or get bogged down in fighting for no good reason.

Soldato
I played with a couple of randoms and my bro last night and prolly found I was the one “sitting at the objective”. Essentially, I just like to fight my way out. Noticed the two randoms just ran off to the objective speed run style - happened a couple of times. I just don’t enjoy that. The combat in HD2 is the best part of the game, and I’d rather spend 40 minutes completing a level and having great fun rather than 20 minutes speed running it.

I agree about speed running, I don't enjoy it either. However, the game does not reward combat or methodical / strategic play. In fact, you get penalised for too much combat, in that the more nests / bases you clear, the more aggro you call down, the more things spawn, the worse the extraction gets. So you end up flooded by combat, for no extra xps or loot or anything. As fun as the combat is, this grows old quickly.

Sadly, the game design rewards speed running and fast extraction and penalises methodically clearing out nests / bases or trying to 'complete' the map etc. Which is why a lot of players tend to speed run, stick to core objectives, grab some samples and extract before too much chaos kicks off.

Soldato
I agree with the speed running, I would rather clear the entire map and then extract rather than just do the main objectives then extract.

I agree about speed running, I don't enjoy it either. However, the game does not reward combat or methodical / strategic play. In fact, you get penalised for too much combat, in that the more nests / bases you clear, the more aggro you call down, the more things spawn, the worse the extraction gets. So you end up flooded by combat, for no extra xps or loot or anything. As fun as the combat is, this grows old quickly.

Sadly, the game design rewards speed running and fast extraction and penalises methodically clearing out nests / bases or trying to 'complete' the map etc. Which is why a lot of players tend to speed run, stick to core objectives, grab some samples and extract before too much chaos kicks off.
But the above is the case with this game.

Associate

Have to agree with this not sure what's going on at the moment but not finding it as fun - I much prefer fighting the terminids over automatons so that's probably got something to do with it as most of the major orders have been with those and you get guilt tripped into doing those for the major orders.

Was petty of me before after getting sick of getting TKed so dropped a 500KG Eagle on my 3 random teammates... sorry not sorry.

Associate
I tried playing it, but after silly bugs like not able to find friends in your steam list to the endless lockups and crashes, I will have to leave it until maybe it eventually gets to a good state. Also glitches like not being able to get into the evac craft and your stuck on the side of the ramp.

Back
Top Bottom