Helldivers 2

Soldato
I tried playing it, but after silly bugs like not able to find friends in your steam list to the endless lockups and crashes, I will have to leave it until maybe it eventually gets to a good state. Also glitches like not being able to get into the evac craft and your stuck on the side of the ramp.
I have not had them 1s yet.

I spawned in to a dead charger and had to wait for it to de spawn before I could move!

Associate
Played for nearly 3 hours tonight think I had about 20 minutes of good gaming - griefers, time wasters, getting randomly kicked by host with the mission 80% done, mission bugs, general bugs, they seem to have broke something with the AI director and spawns, blah, blah. Game is great when working properly but the developers need to do a lot of work.

EDIT: And BS death after BS death after BS death...
Not sure I could bring myself to play this with people I don't know. Reports are excruciating

Soldato
Including player capability/behaviour? Some days it seems all is well in Super Earth and on other days....
I have been killed once at evac and died quite a few times by air strikes but unsure how much of this is the player being an arse or just me not noticing its been called down and I have missed it lol.

I have seen recently in 2/3 games people sticking to objectives once done rather than moving on trying to clear mobs but overall its not been too bad.

What annoyed me the most is the lost connection and the game crashing and this is to loosing all the xp\progress\medals etc as there is no way to re join the game unless someone is on your friends list. There is a social section where you can add\block players but no option to join the game they are currently in.

With regards to bugs I have managed to get stuck in dead corpses and cannot move until its disappeared, I have got stuck between objects as well, been locked out of the stratagem menu and been stuck in a pose of carrying an item like an SSSD for an objective which has not gone until you died.

I wish they would release a patch to fix the bugs in the game and improve performance rather than adding new stratagems etc

Played a total of 83.6 hours

Last edited:
Associate
I have been killed once at evac and died quite a few times by air strikes but unsure how much of this is the player being an arse or just me not noticing its been called down and I have missed it lol.

I have seen recently in 2/3 games people sticking to objectives once done rather than moving on trying to clear mobs but overall its not been too bad.

What annoyed me the most is the lost connection and the game crashing and this is to loosing all the xp\progress\medals etc as there is no way to re join the game unless someone is on your friends list. There is a social section where you can add\block players but no option to join the game they are currently in.

With regards to bugs I have managed to get stuck in dead corpses and cannot move until its disappeared, I have got stuck between objects as well, been locked out of the stratagem menu and been stuck in a pose of carrying an item like an SSSD for an objective which has not gone until you died.

I wish they would release a patch to fix the bugs in the game and improve performance rather than adding new stratagems etc

Played a total of 83.6 hours
Totally agree on the lost progress through the mission if someone gets DC'd so frustrating to lose all of your progress especially if you've been playing for a good 30-45 mins. I know that in things like Destiny 2 if you get DC'd you can rejoin your previous session and keep progress but not sure how that correlates with the infrastructure on HD2.

No plans for DLSS for this? Agreed on the performance it could do with some TLC.

Soldato
Totally agree on the lost progress through the mission if someone gets DC'd so frustrating to lose all of your progress especially if you've been playing for a good 30-45 mins. I know that in things like Destiny 2 if you get DC'd you can rejoin your previous session and keep progress but not sure how that correlates with the infrastructure on HD2.

No plans for DLSS for this? Agreed on the performance it could do with some TLC.
This is 1 of my main issues with the game.

I still quite enjoy the game but when it crashes and the process is lost i then cannot be bothered to load it back up again with the same thing to happen in another session.

A simple re join last session or an option on the social page when right clicking a player to join them would be handy as it shows how long ago you last played with each player so you can see by this who you should re-join.

The other day we had 50 seconds until extraction before the shuttle would come down, managed to get on and re join the game as the person was on my friends list but lost all process as I re joined after the screen that gave out the XP etc, so annoying!

Man of Honour
There are some great moments in the game - helldive difficult on Hellmire at dusk with a fire tornado deciding to move in just as 7 Bile Titans decide to spawn while doing the evac mission with 60 civilians was quite an experience - but as someone said before the developer doesn't seem to care for the time you invest in it.

Man of Honour
Turned around to help a team mate, 100% clear the direction I was looking, instantly killed by a Stalker from behind me... W T F (wasn't cloaked, etc. was 100% nothing there).

Man of Honour
Keeps crashing just as about to finish a mission :(

I've had almost total stability since I verified files (had an incorrectly installed Game Guard file before causing constant crashes), make sure frame rate isn't rendering 150+ FPS regular as the client seems to become unstable at high FPS - V-Sync on at 144Hz + G-Sync and it seems very stable.

Soldato
bCu6ulN.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
never had a crash since the first time i started the game and it crashed nearly instantly lol running at max settings on 1440p with a rx 7800xt and a 5700x ryzen, i updated my driver and not had a problem since, on the 24.2.1 radeon driver at the moment.

i have been hosting games though as i hate the idea of been kicked.

havent encountered any greivers although i read that people who kick at extraction are probably been utter somethings and doing it so they can add their mates into the game quick and give them all your hard earned xp etc, im sticking to hosting untill that issue is fixed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Glitched shuttle launches are doing my head in though - 3 out of the last 7 missions the shuttle has immediately departed when the first person boarded leaving the rest behind...

Soldato
Keeps crashing just as about to finish a mission :(
I ran through some of the things here and so far I have not crashed since. I just played 2 hours without a crash.

I did

• Disable Anti-Aliasing and Screen-Space Global Illumination
  • Set all graphic settings to low ( I didn't go this low, I went from Super Ultra which was the default to Ultra)
  • Delete the GameGuard folder in the game's directory, so it's recreated on the next start
  • Add the GameGuard folder to the exclusions under Virus and Threat protection > Virus and Threat protection settings (manage settings) > Exclusions
  • Limited FPS to 93 using NV Control panel. (Manage 3D settings > Program settings and added 1 for Helldivers 2 only)
Managed to hit 50 this morning and had 2 really good runs where we managed to get all the samples and did everything throughout the map

Last edited:
Soldato
I ran through some of the things here and so far I have not crashed since. I just played 2 hours without a crash.

I did

• Disable Anti-Aliasing and Screen-Space Global Illumination
  • Set all graphic settings to low ( I didn't go this low, I went from Super Ultra which was the default to Ultra)
  • Delete the GameGuard folder in the game's directory, so it's recreated on the next start
  • Add the GameGuard folder to the exclusions under Virus and Threat protection > Virus and Threat protection settings (manage settings) > Exclusions
  • Limited FPS to 93 using NV Control panel. (Manage 3D settings > Program settings and added 1 for Helldivers 2 only)
Managed to hit 50 this morning and had 2 really good runs where we managed to get all the samples and did everything throughout the map
Thank you.
Since I posted that, I have been playing for 3 hours straight without a crash ‍♂️

Soldato
Thank you.
Since I posted that, I have been playing for 3 hours straight without a crash ‍♂️
That's typical, I also had similar issues.

I could play some days without a single problem and then 1 day it would start crashing and give connection lost messages which started putting me off playing.

Without doing anything it would be ok again and then repeat the same issues above and thats when I tried the above settings.

Back
Top Bottom